Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As bad as it seems....
Our pitching has been pretty good except Roark who hasn't been lighting anyone up.. 
The Cubs, also in last have scored 46 runs and given up 59 as opposed to our 16 and 27..(before today) That's a HUGE difference  and the differential is just 2 runs.  We're not getting blown out by anyone, not even close. We're just not scoring runs. If they can start hitting in a timely fashion and the pitching holds up they're going to win a bunch of games.. 
On the other hand, if the pitching goes south all hope is lost.. We'll see. 

Stay positive.  ThumbsUp even if it hurts.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not in full blown panic mode Panic mode just yet. Give it a few more games and I will be.
Reply/Quote
It looks like all the pieces are there for this club to get string some Ws we're just waiting for that spark to set it off.
Reply/Quote
I never would have guessed that losing Gennett would hurt them this badly.
Reply/Quote
20 games in will be a much better measuring stick.
Reply/Quote
I figure another 155 games we'll know if they'll win another game this season or not..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm being patient with the new hitting coach. However, he better fix this slump soon or I would suggest replacing him. He did a good job for the Dodgers last year, but the Reds are not the same team obviously. I think the Reds might not be as talented either.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
They’re honoring 150 years by trying to score 150 runs on the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 10:52 PM)treee Wrote: It looks like all the pieces are there for this club to get string some Ws we're just waiting for that spark to set it off.

Has the spark been lit ?
Reply/Quote
In 95, the Reds started 1-8 and won the division ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
The bats came alive last night. 5 home runs in a 14-0 win. Lets hope the slump is over.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2019, 08:58 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Has the spark been lit ?

That was more than a spark, that was a truckload of TNT  Rock On
Reply/Quote
Trevor Richards kind of dumped some water on the spark, but Steckenrider relit it..  ThumbsUp  If you're a Marlins fan you gotta hate the move by Mattingly.. 

Reply/Quote