Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
As the world turns…
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Okay now what with our first pick in the draft? Looks more like a TE. And…. Should be one there. But a safety at 2? Is Apple for sure back? Was that definitive? RB?

I'd take the best safety they are comfortable with in round 2 and round 3 take a RB ( Spears,Abanikanda,Brown).
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:29 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Are there any 3Ts worthy of the 28th pick? I wouldn’t go TE or RB in 1. Those can be found later and are not nearly as vital for our schemes. We need interior rush, in my opinion. BJ Hill was much better in a rotation, and pass rush up the middle is sorely needed. I would go CB if pass rusher was off the table.

Would be fine with this as well. Almost 100% of the time I scream for OL or DL in the 1st.

Just want the best player possible with the 1st pick this year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: You can get good ones in these rounds, but usually the great ones go in round 1. 

Am fine with them taking a RT if the right one is still there, but will not bother me if Bengals go TE or RB either. 

Obviously a safety could be in the draft mix in 1st as well. Yet believe they will still address one these positions in FA and suspect it will be a safety. Not sure Lou wants to count on both safety's being that inexperienced. 

Yeah, and the Bengals pick is late enough that you're almost picking a round behind anyway. Round 3 you're already talking pick 92.

As for the thread, for the first pick give me a RT, LG, TE, or RB. If they add 1 more OL in FA, then I could narrow it down to just TE or RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:03 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Do we sign a RT in free agency?  

Darnell Wright or D Jones could solidify this oline for a long time if we move Jonah to LG......

I'm droolin...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
All getting Brown does for the draft is take LT (Harrison) off the table. Who knows what the plan is with Williams and Collins.

Positions I'd consider at 28:
1) RT: Wright
2) DE: Van Ness, White, Foskey
3) DT: Bresee, Kancey
4) CB: Banks
5) TE: Mayer, Kincaid

I think it is a touch early for Forbes or Cam Smith at corner. Or Dawand Jones at RT. Ditto guys like Tuipulotu & Adebewore as DE/DT types. OLB types like Nolan Smith or McDonald aren't great scheme fits for us, but I would not discount them.

I'd stronly consider Robinson (RB), Smith-Njigba (WR), Addison (WR), Johnston (WR), or Flowers (WR) if they are sitting there. Or Branch if we don't land a safery in FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:41 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm droolin...

Blake Freeland in the 4th round would be nice as well.  6'7 302 with a 37 inch vertical

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Blake-Freeland-OL-BYU
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:17 AM)casear2727 Wrote: If Jonah is LG, then RT at 28 might be the play.  Why not have a line without holes for the next 3-4 years?

Surely we grab a S in free agency.  John Johnson would be serviceable. 

S in FA, then an inexpensive TE like the last 2 years, then if Wright is there, take him and try to trade your 2nd and 3rd rd picks to move up and get Gibbs. 

I don't think Wright is gonna be there though so then do Kancey or TE in 1 and still trade up for Gibbs. 

***** sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Crazy thing is, PFF latest mock has Bijan Robinson falling to Dallas at 26 and Gibbs going 1 pick before the Bengals, to Buffalo, at 59. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 11:57 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Okay now what with our first pick in the draft? Looks more like a TE. And…. Should be one there. But a safety at 2? Is Apple for sure back? Was that definitive? RB?

If the Bengals can pick up a safety in free agency, that would completely open the draft. We needed a OT bad, and every time I did a draft simulation, there were none I liked left by the 28th pick. But there are all kinds of top players left at other positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:50 AM)pulses Wrote: Blake Freeland in the 4th round would be nice as well.  6'7 302 with a 37 inch vertical

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Blake-Freeland-OL-BYU

He was crushing the athletics. I only watched a little bit of him on tape and from memory, it seems he's gonna need some work before you could put him out there full time. Can't remember...needs more strength?

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was crushing the athletics. I only watched a little bit of him on tape and from memory, it seems he's gonna need some work before you could put him out there full time. Can't remember...needs more strength?

Thats it exactly.  I like him as well but he needs some grown man muscle build up...

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He was crushing the athletics. I only watched a little bit of him on tape and from memory, it seems he's gonna need some work before you could put him out there full time. Can't remember...needs more strength?

Yeah he needs a year in the weightroom adding some muscle. He's at 302 now you get him up to 320 with some muscle and he'll be nasty.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 03:01 AM)Nepa Wrote: If the Bengals can pick up a safety in free agency, that would completely open the draft. We needed a OT bad, and every time I did a draft simulation, there were none I liked left by the 28th pick. But there are all kinds of top players left at other positions.

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 02:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: S in FA, then an inexpensive TE like the last 2 years, then if Wright is there, take him and try to trade your 2nd and 3rd rd picks to move up and get Gibbs. 

I don't think Wright is gonna be there though so then do Kancey or TE in 1 and still trade up for Gibbs. 

***** sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Crazy thing is, PFF latest mock has Bijan Robinson falling to Dallas at 26 and Gibbs going 1 pick before the Bengals, to Buffalo, at 59. 

Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
TE just isn't a position of value in the NFL.

The Bengals will likely draft a guy at a premium dollar position I'd guess.

Maybe CB?

We still might need a RT with Jonah a free agent after the upcoming year IF they waive Collins.
Reply/Quote
We really need to address safety in FA because the draft talent this year is below normal. That leaves RB, TE, and CB I'd guess.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:16 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Eww. Yuck. 

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 01:52 AM)pulses Wrote: I'd take the best safety they are comfortable with in round 2 and round 3 take a RB ( Spears,Abanikanda,Brown).

I don't know, I think if Felix Aduduke-Uzomah is there in the 2nd we should take him to bolster the pass rush.
Reply/Quote
Anyone else seeing a draft day Jonah trade coming to move up if there's a RT available they desire in the first round?
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:56 AM)Mer Wrote: Anyone else seeing a draft day Jonah trade coming to move up if there's a RT available they desire in the first round?

I think one of two things happen with Jonah. See what he can provide @RT (His weaknesses=not @LG).
Or they trade him between now and draft day. (3rd Rd pick or move up board?)
LC can backup guards if they choose to keep him. Carman looked good at the end of the year.
This going to be fun to watch and see how this all plays out! 
Tiger
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:56 AM)Mer Wrote: Anyone else seeing a draft day Jonah trade coming to move up if there's a RT available they desire in the first round?

I mean, all 31 other teams saw Jonah's tape from last year. If we don't want him, why would they?
Reply/Quote