Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Many Will Not Like This....Depth Chart
(08-23-2018, 10:28 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I imagine Fisher will be the RT with Westerman being RG.when it is all said and done.

What makes you think that?  I haven't been aware of either of those guys getting reps with the first team this preseason.  Perhaps we may see them on Sunday, with the 1s?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes you think that?  I haven't been aware of either of those guys getting reps with the first team this preseason.  Perhaps we may see them on Sunday, with the 1s?
I think they give us the best chance to win and I think the coaching staff will come to their senses.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 10:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I think they give us the best chance to win and I think the coaching staff will come to their senses.

Best chance of winning?  What exactly, has given you that idea?  If those guys had what it takes versus our own first defense, they would already be the starters.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 10:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Best chance of winning?  What exactly, has given you that idea?  If those guys had what it takes versus our own first defense, they would already be the starters.

Because they have played the best when they have been out there and I think Fisher has shown some ability over his three years here.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 11:52 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Because they have played the best when they have been out there and I think Fisher has shown some ability over his three years here.

At what? TE? Certainly not as a starting caliber OT.

Reply/Quote
I still say Merv needs to call up Philly, and swap someone who is not going to make the team here and Og for their 3rd string center , Jon Toth, and being him in here to play RT or RG.... he's would be such an instant upgrade over OG, and could be our backup for Price.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 09:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sad to say this, but it looks like Booby Hart is going to be the man.  I'm sure that Kent Perkins has gotten reps in practice, but must not have been very impressive.  Short of a surprise personnel move, I'm afraid that is what we're looking at.

wasn't perkins the RT when we had our best 2 running games last year?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What makes you think that?  I haven't been aware of either of those guys getting reps with the first team this preseason.  Perhaps we may see them on Sunday, with the 1s?

have been surprised to only see Westerman at LG and Fisher at LT   figured they would be in line on the Right side where we are weak... and they should be competeing for starting spots not setting up to be backups.

But that's just what we have seen...   Part of getting an OL to gel is to not keep rotating guys around to different spots so that could be the key I guess.

Thought Westerman would have been starting by now... Especially over Trey Hopkins who had his shot and wasn't that great when he did.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: have been surprised to only see Westerman at LG and Fisher at LT   figured they would be in line on the Right side where we are weak... and they should be competeing for starting spots not setting up to be backups.

But that's just what we have seen...   Part of getting an OL to gel is to not keep rotating guys around to different spots so that could be the key I guess.

Thought Westerman would have been starting by now... Especially over Trey Hopkins who had his shot and wasn't that great when he did.

I am not surprised, those are the positions that fit Westerman and Fisher the best.

Problem for them is our two best Lineman are in front of them. Westerman is a LG and Fisher is LT.

Westerman might be able to play RG but we just haven't seen it much.

Fisher has just looked bad at RT.

Redmond i think will be the RG come opening day and we will probably bring in our RT if Hart or Perkins do not step up.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I still say Merv needs to call up Philly, and swap someone who is not going to make the team here and Og for their 3rd string center , Jon Toth, and being him in here to play RT or RG.... he's would be such an instant upgrade over OG, and could be our backup for Price.

Big Toth fan here as well, hope that happens.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I still say Merv needs to call up Philly, and swap someone who is not going to make the team here and Og for their 3rd string center , Jon Toth, and being him in here to play RT or RG.... he's would be such an instant upgrade over OG, and could be our backup for Price.

I see you haven't lost your lust for Toth.  I agree.  Bring him here.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: wasn't perkins the RT when we had our best 2 running games last year?

Meh, I write that off as the phenomenon that I like to refer to as "fresh legs syndrome".

It's when guys come off the bench, late in the season.  They're all fresh and healthy, playing against guys that have been living the grind and taking that pounding all season long.

It's like sending in a new fighter against someone in the 10th round of a 12 round fight.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 01:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CIN 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/22/17768502/bengals-depth-chart-before-their-dress-rehearsal-game-bills

The depth chart as of yesterday, has remained relatively unchanged.  Meaning, QB Barkley leads Driskel in the battle for Dalton's back-up.  

Also Hopkins leads both Redmond and Westerman at RG.

If I were them, I would use Hopkins as back-up center and start Redmond at RG.  

If Barkley beats out Driskel as backup QB I will be beyond pissed....  

Popcorn

The only thing I can think about MJ being listed as the starter is that someone else might give something (anything?) for him if he is still apparently our starter.  If he is listed as a backup, other teams might not have any interest.  That is a stretch, but how on earth is he ahead of Willis?

Hopkins is the new John Thornton.  
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2018, 06:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The only thing I can think about MJ being listed as the starter is that someone else might give something (anything?) for him if he is still apparently our starter.  If he is listed as a backup, other teams might not have any interest.  That is a stretch, but how on earth is he ahead of Willis?

Hopkins is the new John Thornton.  

Sure would be nice to have someone fooled and want MJ, i just don't know about it. Think teams will shy away after
his sad year in Tampa and since. Also, if Hopkins is our new Thornton he better tell the coaches to start Redmond or
Westerman ahead of him lol
Reply/Quote