Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's move to the future with Mixon
(04-29-2017, 01:14 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It will be brought up for the rest of his life, not even career. So that will never go away, and the Bengals are attached to that image now, for better or worse.

The fact that it was caught on video makes it worse, but memories of these things fade if the player straightens out and plays well.  Remember when people hated on us for drafting a sexual preditor like Frostee Rucker? Remember that AJ Green was suspended in college for selling his game jersey?  Remember the times Justin Smith, Leon Hall, and Jonathan Joseph were all arrested for criminal behavior as Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that it was caught on video makes it worse, but memories of these things fade if the player straightens out and plays well.  Remember when people hated on us for drafting a sexual preditor like Frostee Rucker? Remember that AJ Green was suspended in college for selling his game jersey?  Remember the tiemes Justin Smith, Leon Hall, and Jonathan Joseph were all arrested for criminal behavior as Bengals?

Except that for some domestic violence hits close to home and will always be something they remember.  I've always advocated for players to be able to move on after an incident especially if they paid the price for their actions but this is different.  I admit it's because of seeing my dad wail on my mom as a kid but that never goes away.  
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:15 AM)bengalbiff Wrote: Except that for some domestic violence hits close to home and will always be something they remember.  I've always advocated for players to be able to move on after an incident especially if they paid the price for their actions but this is different.  I admit it's because of seeing my dad wail on my mom as a kid but that never goes away.  

I understand where you're coming from, and respect that.

We can only hope for the best with Joe, that he will work the rest of his time with the Bengals to prove that one terrible action does not define him. That he understands the stigma that comes with his poor decision. And that, while that incident will always be apart of him, he doesn't have to always be that dumb kid whose temper got the best of him.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:15 AM)bengalbiff Wrote: Except that for some domestic violence hits close to home and will always be something they remember. 

This was not an act of domestic violence.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 12:37 AM)milksheikh Wrote: I feel like the discussions about his past has to come to a somewhat of a close (Although that will never happen)...

Can we discuss his future and what he can do as a part of the Bengals on the field? Like do you guys think he's capable of taking the starting job from Hill soon?

2nd Round RB's come in and start all the time.

My concern that I see from the tape is that a lot of times he didn't get touched for 5 yards. He won't have those kind of holes here.

Dalvin Cook was the best a YAC.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This was not an act of domestic violence.

Fred, you know well and good what he meant. He just explained how he experienced firsthand a man hitting a woman (his own parents) and youre getting caught up in semantics?
Reply/Quote
"Let's move on to the future" should be every Bengals fan motto as most are stuck in the 90's with a never ending loop of Smells Like Teen Spirit playing.
Reply/Quote
Where's our offensive line help?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Willing to give him a chance. What he does with it is up to him. 17 year old kids make mistakes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:46 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Where's our offensive line help?

Don't know but willing to find out Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The fact that it was caught on video makes it worse, but memories of these things fade if the player straightens out and plays well.  Remember when people hated on us for drafting a sexual preditor like Frostee Rucker? Remember that AJ Green was suspended in college for selling his game jersey?  Remember the times Justin Smith, Leon Hall, and Jonathan Joseph were all arrested for criminal behavior as Bengals?

People were still mad about Rucker, and rightfully so.

Green selling his game jersey isn't the same as breaking a girl's face.

And yes, I do. We all do. Players like that gave us the "thug" image during the 2000's and late 2000's.

It will stick with him. You don't see players in the NFL that have video of them breaking a girl's face.

Sure, reports are one thing. But there's video of it as well. And any time someone Googles Joe Mixon or YouTubes him, that video will pop up. It's not going away.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote