Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson = Possible trade
It's become clear over the years that some people will never like a player drafted by a different team.

If his criminal record isn't crystal clear, he's a scumbag.
If he's ever been injured, he's a walking body cast.
If he demanded a trade he's a cancer.
If his team cut him or wants to trade him, he's either a cancer or washed up (these people never consider that teams may be cap strapped)
If he was a free agent, he was "on the street" and nobody wanted him
If he's over 30 he's washed up
If he's under 30, he must not be talented or no team would dump him
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:37 AM)PDub80 Wrote: In this case, I disagree on the officer of the law front. Watching the BEFORE arrest video, which was just made public a week or so ago, the officer elected to get into a pissing contest with Adam Jones, which is, IMO, the real reason why he arrested him. The DA eluded to this in his explanation of charges NOT being levied against Jones.

At that point, it's one man to another between Jones and the cop on the power trip. All bets are off in my opinion. BTW, I'm a pretty damn conservative guy in that way. I respect the hell out of police officers, but I also realize and know that all of us are human.

We are all human, although I am not sure about steeler fans....

Humans have the ability to learn, and learn from mistakes they have made in the past.  Unless you are an entitled little assbag that feels like you are above reproach and laws don't apply to you.  The first video, to me, looked like the officer was calmly doing his job and repeatedly asked jones to tell his side of the story, to which Jones acted like a jerk.  

It's just icing on the Adam Jones cake to me.  Would I have sympathy for the guy because he would likely be bankrupt due to his civil suits from prior transgressions and losing his paycheck if he was cut?  Absolutely, I don't want to see that happen to any person.  He has a young daughter.  But he, and he alone, would be responsible for wasting his enormous talent and his foolish actions.  He just doesn't learn...and he KEEPS doing stupid shit.  

Either way, I know he is here and I have to just accept it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know you are kidding, but the value they actually get is the tarnished image of a team with no morals or values and you become a punching bag in the media.  Do we honestly believe that none of the NFL officials have this opinion of the Bengals?  Does human nature of that hatred not affect their judgement?  I would offer that it absolutely does.  

If we took Cook instead of Mixon and had released Adam Jones IMMEDIATELY after that video, I would honestly believe that the Bengals could have built a better reputation and the team could actually be better.  I just don't get it.

I know, I know...shut up and get over it.  

I'm trying.  I am so happy with everything else the team has done that this one selection (and the retention of Jones) just stands out like a sore thumb.

i have to be MORE uptight about A Jones.. who... SHOULD have learned SOMETHING.  I HAVE got drunk ...I HAVE been in Bars in the wee hours. I never went full stupid, had big problems with the Police.  If   i made a few MILLION $ a year... I HIRE a person to  Keep me out of the news...to   STOP me from screwing up publically.

a Couple times over the past 5 yr I was.....unwise. One night a pretty girl bought me a pint (cool) then.. a bit later .. a stranger bought me another beer. I was.....a tad unstable.  Friends said... Dude... you can NOT drive home in this condition. They   set up a ride home and a ride back the next day to pick up my car.   i had to respect the concern.  Truth is, I'd driven home in  messed up state before.. but....that's NOT anything I'd  WANT to do.

Point is....JUDGEMENT matters.   chronic bad judgement is NOT good anyway.   I  got help from good people. If that was not an option but i was RICH.....I HIRE a person to   bring common sense....to drive home.. to intervene BEFORE the police or lawyers get involved.
Reply/Quote