Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assessing the Cap
(04-06-2022, 11:25 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Diggs has the 3rd most receiving yards the last 4 years, 4th most receptions, 3rd most targets and 8th most touchdowns. 
Tyreke Hill is 4th most receiving yards the last 4 yeas,  7th most receptions, 6th most targets and 3rd most touchdowns. 

So it looks like Hill does more with less targets and less receptions. Diggs has had two good years in Buffalo but when I watch those players one stands out above the other and it's Hill.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Pffffttt.... there's a cap. Rich owners can't exceed it. This isn't baseball.

Yeah but theoretically billionaire owners (Bengals don't fit in this category) have more cash on hand and can give players more guaranteed money up front. The Bengals (apparently) don't have this kind of money just sitting in a bank account, so they have to give the money over the length of the entire contract and structure it within their financials. 

I say "apparently" because no one even knows how true this is. It's basically people speculating. If I were to guess, I would say the Bengals have a pretty hefty sum of money sitting in one of their bank accounts somewhere. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2022, 10:09 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: So it looks like Hill does more with less targets and less receptions. Diggs has had two good years in Buffalo but when I watch those players one stands out above the other and it's Hill.

Hill is certainly more explosive but i wouldn't sell Diggs short. I think he's earned his contract...as ridiculous as contracts are getting these days. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2022, 07:52 PM)jj22 Wrote:  We got 3 free agents for the price of one and a TE for 3.5 and are pretty much broke.

I know how much you love to whine, but you should really educate yourself a bit before making comments like this.

Bengals are top ten in remaining cap space with about $16 million.  And that is after signing 7 starters in free agency (Collins, Cappa, Karras, Hurts, Hill, Apple, Bates)
Reply/Quote