Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assistant Coach Interview Requests
So far a lot are being reported. The browns have requested several interviews, Jets are being reported as requesting at least one. Denver is being reported as requesting at least 2. It goes on and is widely reported. No mention of us. Does that make anyone else worried? The only report about us I saw was Mike Brown already met with Hue but that the meeting might be cursory or might be unrelated to the HC job
Reply/Quote
I doubt that we have the same candidates in mind as those teams. But, yes...we need to jump on lining up candidates asap.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:00 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: So far a lot are being reported. The browns have requested several interviews, Jets are being reported as requesting at least one. Denver is being reported as requesting at least 2. It goes on and is widely reported. No mention of us. Does that make anyone else worried? The only report about us I saw was Mike Brown already met with Hue but that the meeting might be cursory or might be unrelated to the HC job

It doesnt worry me yet. They just made the announcement. Maybe MB met with hue to meet the rooney rule and can now proceed to hire whoever he wants.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the search will be Katie's or Mike's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: It doesnt worry me yet. They just made the announcement. Maybe MB met with hue to meet the rooney rule and can now proceed to hire whoever he wants.

That’s my hope but in time of uncertainty where Mike Brown is concerned my fears naturally come out
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: It doesnt worry me yet. They just made the announcement. Maybe MB met with hue to meet the rooney rule and can now proceed to hire whoever he wants.

I agree it is soon but Denver, Jets, Browns, etc have made multiple requests.
Reply/Quote
I think my fear is the longer we wait the more likely it implies a retread
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:03 PM)McC Wrote: I wonder if the search will be Katie's or Mike's.

Katie was involved with the Merv hire so no doubt he will be again. Tobin would be involved as well, the HC has to work with all of them
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also they had to know going in he wasn’t being retained (at least I would hope so) so therefore a preliminary list of candidates should have been formulated and if that is the case we should start hearing about requests for interviews by 4 pm at the latest
Reply/Quote
At least 8 head coaching openings.. plenty of candidates out there.. no reason to rush it plus you have a much higher Rooney Rule now and with the influx of black coaches fired today.. no team is going to hire quick
Reply/Quote

MB - Hi Hue, I'm interviewing you because I need to comply with the Rooney Rule...you understand, right?
HUE - Yes sir, I do.
MB - Ok good.  Well, since you're already sitting here how would you like to be the next head coach of the Bengals? Wait, this is ridiculous...why discuss this here when we can go to Wendy's, discuss it there, order off the VALU Menu and then write that off as a business expense!?! Hop in my 1991 Lumina!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: At least 8 head coaching openings.. plenty of candidates out there.. no reason to rush it plus you have a much higher Rooney Rule now and with the influx of black coaches fired today.. no team is going to hire quick

They said that the process will take several weeks.  Being an old guard owner, Mikey will probably wait for candidates on playoff teams to be eliminated before asking for interviews so as not to be a distraction.  

The good thing with so many HC's being cut loose it that it means there will be a lot of assistants available.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:00 PM)Au165 Wrote:

Oh no. No no no no NO!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh no. No no no no NO!

Man, if Lazor becomes the HC I'm going to celebrate in the most boring manner possible.  A tall glass of almond milk, unsweetened vanilla.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Man, if Lazor becomes the HC I'm going to celebrate in the most boring manner possible.  A tall glass of almond milk, unsweetened vanilla.

Next to coconut water that is the most vile tasting drink on earth.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Next to coconut water that is the most vile tasting drink on earth.

Please...I drink it all the time and I'm the sexiest thing in this room right now.  Wait...one of the cats is in here.  Damn.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have requested interviews with Rams QB coach Zach Taylor and TE/passing game coordinator Shane Waldron

https://www.therams.com/team/coaches-roster/shane-waldron

https://www.therams.com/team/coaches-roster/zac-taylor

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote