Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At 3 New States Vote to Legalize Recreational Marijuana
Looks like California, Nevada, and Massachusetts have all passed measures making it legal to cultivate, sell, and tax pot sold for recreational use. Florida and Arizona bills failed and a bill in Maine is too close to call.

States better hope stop-and-frisk nosferatu Rudy or donut vacuum Chris Christie don't get the AG job if they want these to stand. Those states-rights Republicans will have the feds and DEA wasting our tax dollars putting anyone involved in the clink real fast.
I think I read that Florida passed medical marijuana, though.

Maybe they had an Ohio situation, where the law as written wasn't good.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Would be interesting if Rudy became AG, given that there is a potential for an investigation surrounding his contact with FBI agents.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Florida passed medical Marijauna
People suck
(11-09-2016, 03:07 PM)Griever Wrote: Florida passed medical Marijauna

Cool.  Must have misread something.  
(11-09-2016, 04:39 PM)samhain Wrote: Cool.  Must have misread something.  

no biggie, not like i would benefit, because my company still has a 0 tolerance policy against it
People suck
(11-10-2016, 04:14 PM)Griever Wrote: no biggie, not like i would benefit, because my company still has a 0 tolerance policy against it

Same, but things change.  
And yet sooo many called Johnson a pothead for merely wanting decriminalization.
(not here)

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Will be interesting to see how legal marijuana plays out in Sin City.

I can foresee some problems with people going there to engage in excess, and experimenting with some way-too-potent strains. That hasn't really happened in DEN, but it's not the same party atmosphere, either.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-14-2016, 03:28 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Will be interesting to see how legal marijuana plays out in Sin City.

I can foresee some problems with people going there to engage in excess, and experimenting with some way-too-potent strains.  That hasn't really happened in DEN, but it's not the same party atmosphere, either.

I doubt it will be a big issue.  Who wants to shell out money for a vacation only to be passed out in a hotel room an hour or so after they eat a brownie.  An atmosphere like that just doesn't lend itself well to being stoned out of your mind.  People looking to go full-tilt in Vegas seem more inclined to want to stay up all night, drink and gamble.  

I could, however see someone going out there; getting higher than a kite, and losing a crapload of money, then remembering nothing about it.
(11-14-2016, 04:43 PM)samhain Wrote: I could, however see someone going out there; getting higher than a kite, and losing a crapload of money, then remembering nothing about it.

This could raise a very interesting legal showdown in the future. In Nevada gaming license holders can not allow people who are "visibly intoxicated" to gamble, or else they risk losing their license but also could lose the ability to collect on those bets. With a new legal way to be intoxicated I wonder how long until someone claims they were too high and shouldn't have been allowed to place a bet.
(11-15-2016, 04:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: With a new legal way to be intoxicated I wonder how long until someone claims they were too high and shouldn't have been allowed to place a bet.

It's a gray area....somewhere in between "you're too intoxicated to have sex with" and "but not high enough that I can't take your money"   Hilarious
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-15-2016, 06:12 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's a gray area....somewhere in between "you're too intoxicated to have sex with" and "but not high enough that I can't take your money"   Hilarious

Rape culture strikes again.
Whatever