Poll: At pick #33, which position group would you want? Assume no trade back and all positions are equally ranked:
WR
OT
OLB/DE
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At #33, what position group do you want?
I said OLB. I'm staying true to my mock and hope we take Baun. We have no OLB worth a crap on the roster. Why not take the best one available?
I wouldn't be sad if we took a RT, but then we would have 2 tackles playing that have 0 snaps in the NFL protecting Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:42 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I said OLB. I'm staying true to my mock and hope we take Baun. We have no OLB worth a crap on the roster. Why not take the best one available?
I wouldn't be sad if we took a RT, but then we would have 2 tackles playing that have 0 snaps in the NFL protecting Burrow.

Good point, but don't forget in this situation we will see Hubbard and Lawson playing outside backer.  They did some of that last year.  They are both athletic enough to drop in coverage.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I chose Other, meaning RB with 2nd place being DE and 3rd place being WR.

This has changed from my initial poll where I chose Justin Jefferson if he were there. I'd actually still choose him though if he were to fall to #33.

But, I really want the Bengals to also draft his best buddy, Clyde Hellaire. I just think that together, for the next several years, they could be a fantastic duo doing a lot of damage in the NFL.

Either way, I just want the Bengals to choose players that will be helpful to their new Franchise QB starting at #33. It can be a RB, WR, OL, or even a TE and I will be happy!
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:08 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Uche is more of a true edge whereas I see Baun more like Von Miller such that he would/could actually play some traditional LB along with pass rushing.

Look again, Uche has great sideline to sideline range.  And was asked to do a lot in Michigan's scheme.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 12:40 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I chose Other, meaning RB with 2nd place being DE and 3rd place being WR.

This has changed from my initial poll where I chose Justin Jefferson if he were there. I'd actually still choose him though if he were to fall to #33.

But, I really want the Bengals to also draft his best buddy, Clyde Hellaire. I just think that together, for the next several years, they could be a fantastic duo doing a lot of damage in the NFL.

Either way, I just want the Bengals to choose players that will be helpful to their new Franchise QB starting at #33. It can be a RB, WR, OL, or even a TE and I will be happy!

You still want a running back if Mixon is extended?  He will be here this year regardless...and so will Gio and Trayvon. 
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:11 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I picked offensive line, but WR is a really close 2nd for me. The thing that pushed it over the edge is the depth at the WR position this year. I'm more confident in there being a good WR in the 3rd round (maybe even the Claypool kid you like).

I think the Bengals like Claypool but I would be shocked if he made it to the 3rd round.  Maybe Bryan Edwards because of the injury this year...
Reply/Quote
Voted WR, think we need to find a guy to eventually replace AJ and there should be some really good ones at 33.

BPA though.
Reply/Quote