Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Least One Interesting Thing About Tonight's Game
According to Ace Boogie, we might see the Bengals wearing their inverted helmets with the color rush uniforms tonight.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:04 PM)Shady Wrote: According to Ace Boogie, we might see the Bengals wearing their inverted helmets with the color rush uniforms tonight.

They don't have inverted helmets. It's against NFL rules. Any variation would have to be the orange shell. 

Unless they have a massive reverse stripe sticker that covers almost the entire helmet...and that could get messy after a couple hits.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
That looks decent but a white tiger helmet with no orange at all (uniform or helmet) would look much nicer IMO.

Obviously, it won’t happen. The NFL sees it as a “safety issue” or some s*** Whatever let alone that college and high school teams have about 8 helmet options nowadays but I digress
Reply/Quote
Not bashing the "inverted helmet" or the "color rush" jersey, but they still look goofy together.

You have to have a black-and-white helmet to look right with the color rush jersey.

And the "inverted" helmet really makes no difference to me. It looks about the same. Never understood why some people think it is so amazing.
Reply/Quote
The inverted helmet with all black uniforms with orange stripes, names, and numbers with the removable of the white jersey side panels would be bitchin' IMHO.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not bashing the "inverted helmet" or the "color rush" jersey, but they still look goofy together.

You have to have a black-and-white helmet to look right with the color rush jersey.

And the "inverted" helmet really makes no difference to me.  It looks about the same.  Never understood why some people think it is so amazing.

It is different, but still within the tiger striped theme that a lot of fans like.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 06:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They don't have inverted helmets. It's against NFL rules. Any variation would have to be the orange shell. 

Unless they have a massive reverse stripe sticker that covers almost the entire helmet...and that could get messy after a couple hits.

I saw that the Bears used different helmets yesterday.  
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:04 PM)Shady Wrote: I saw that the Bears used different helmets yesterday.  

They were still the same base color(dark blue/black) with the wishbone "C" removed and in it's place three stripes running from front to back.

I see the Bengals warming up on the field in Pittsburgh, white color rush uniform with standard orange helmet with black stripes.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:04 PM)Shady Wrote: I saw that the Bears used different helmets yesterday.  

The decals can be different, as long as the helmet is the same. The Bears have a dark shell and they just peeled the C off and put new stickers on it temporarily. After this week, they will put the C stickers back on.

The Bengals could take the stripe decals off and go back to the original block Bengals, or any other decal really, as long as the helmet doesn't change. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The decals can be different, as long as the helmet is the same. The Bears have a dark shell and they just peeled the C off and put new stickers on it temporarily. After this week, they will put the C stickers back on.

The Bengals could take the stripe decals off and go back to the original block Bengals, or any other decal really, as long as the helmet doesn't change. 

Are you sure about that?

I know the Pats get to wear the old Minute Man helmet with their throwbacks, which is obviously white instead of pewter/silver/whatever.  I think the Jets have been able to change it up to their old white helmet in season, as have the Redskins and Cowboys both using old helmets with throwbacks before.

I don't know the rules on it, but it seems to me you can change to a historical helmet, but that is the only helmet you can use in during a season.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Are you sure about that?

I know the Pats get to wear the old Minute Man helmet with their throwbacks, which is obviously white instead of pewter/silver/whatever.  I think the Jets have been able to change it up to their old white helmet in season, as have the Redskins and Cowboys both using old helmets with throwbacks before.

I don't know the rules on it, but it seems to me you can change to a historical helmet, but that is the only helmet you can use in during a season.

The Pats haven't been able to do it since they made it a rule in 2013. You can only have 1 helmet during the season. You can put any decal on it you want, as long as it's the same helmet. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/an-nfl-safety-rule-is-limiting-the-full-potential-of-new-uniform-designs-091616

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Are you sure about that?

Now that you mentioned it, I do remember the white New England helmets being used. Did Washington use a yellow helmet with a "R" on the side?  Someone asked Hobson on the main Bengals site before the season about the helmets, I can't remember his response though. I don't know what the NFL rules are on helmet colors.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2019, 08:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Pats haven't been able to do it since they made it a rule in 2013. You can only have 1 helmet during the season. You can put any decal on it you want, as long as it's the same helmet. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/an-nfl-safety-rule-is-limiting-the-full-potential-of-new-uniform-designs-091616

That's what I thought, but the throwbacks screwed me up.  I must be getting old if the Pats haven't done it since 2013, as I would swear I saw it done last year Smirk
Reply/Quote