Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At Least We Showed Some Life!
(12-02-2019, 12:55 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote:  
I am pretty sure everyone was laughing at the Browns because they thought they were superbowl favorites after last year. Pretty sure people are just excited to get a W. There is a difference between fair and bummer. Fair would be "great yes we won! Now let's build on it and see steady improvement." People ARE allowed to be happy and celebrate a win. 

I'm fine with that, I just wanted to debate the assertion that this 1-11 team is showing more heart in a single win than our prior teams did winning 10+ games, winning the division, beating QBs like Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers, etc.

Yes, we won and it is better than losing (I pointed this out when people were baffled why we'd put Dalton back in there), but the OP made statements about this team playing harder and showing more emotion now than in the past 15 years and I'm just saying that seems oddly dismissive of some of the best teams we've had in 30 years.  So I'm basically saying if ZT truly has this team playing with more emotion than he's ever seen....well, emotion is overrated.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't want this scenario to happen because I really want Burrow.What if benching lights a fire under AD we win out and Andy finally turns into the QB we all wanted. but that throw to Boyd was sick not gonna lie.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I don't want this scenario to happen because I really want Burrow.What if benching lights a fire under AD we win out and Andy finally turns into the QB we all wanted. but that throw to Boyd was sick not gonna lie.

Magic isn't a real thing. It's all illusion. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Magic isn't a real thing. It's all illusion. 

If it is real, benching Finley is going to make him awesome. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 06:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If it is real, benching Finley is going to make him awesome. 

Souuuuuuper Bowllllllllllzzzzz!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 03:03 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't remember seeing defensive players swarming to a ball like that and then going nuts in celebration.  

Celebrations have been pretty moderate or individual but today just seemed like they were all fired up as one.

They were doing it week 1, and they did it all the time between 2011 and 2015
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I don't want this scenario to happen because I really want Burrow.What if benching lights a fire under AD we win out and Andy finally turns into the QB we all wanted. but that throw to Boyd was sick not gonna lie.

He's 32 years old. He is what he is at this point.
Reply/Quote
I don’t intend to sound negative or anything but I Wouldn’t get too psyched up over this win. After all the Jets are still a pretty bad team.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2019, 01:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: What if benching lights a fire under AD we win out and Andy finally turns into the QB we all wanted. but that throw to Boyd was sick not gonna lie.

That would be perfectly fine with me.
Reply/Quote
Nice win. Glad to get the first one, and yes, they deserved to win the game yesterday because they were actually the better team yesterday.

That said, this team is NOWHERE from being a playoff contender and the offensive line is still atrocious. This team can easily be in this position again next year unless they hit a home run on the draft and bring in some talent. The only way I would become optimistic is if they win out and that includes beating New England. I'll leave you to laugh.
Reply/Quote