Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At What Point...
Washington for me too, after the tie, and nothing done about nugent,nothing done about anything i knew my predictions were going to be right. That they'd wait till we are out to try ANYTHING new
Reply/Quote
Dallas loss.

We were 2-2 but had lost to Steelers and Broncos..before the season when you look at the schedule the Dallas game was one of those 50/50 type of games which in the past 5 years we have won.

I was not confident due to the Cowboys start but both lines really got manhandled that day.

I'm amazed people still had hope as late as Washington
Reply/Quote
The L we took in the Dallas game is the point at which I knew this was going to be a crap season.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dallas for me, too. They looked like a truly helpless football team that completely failed to prepare for that game. It's when I accepted that it was delusional to think that losing what they lost in terms of players and staff wouldn't hurt big time.
Reply/Quote
After the wild-card game last year I had a bad feeling this year was not going to be to good. I ignored it, but that game was soul sucking. It seems like that probably did have a pretty big mental blow to this team.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The way the Jets marched down the field on their opening drive, I thought "this does not look like the same defense". All the pressure they got on Andy, all the pressure that was not on Fitzpatrick. After the game I convinced myself that it was just week one and they would get some things worked out, but deep down I knew.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 03:30 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Funny to think how many games we were winning or had chances to win. Both Pittsburgh games, NY Giants game, Redskins game, Baltimore.

Yes, in a nauseating kind of way. I recall so many posters predicting a very good season record. Hmmmmm? Smirk
Reply/Quote
2nd half of the Broncos game. I was shocked at how the defense was totally owned by an unknown QB who since then has played average.
Reply/Quote
The curb stomping Dallas layed on them did it for me. Contenders don't get punked like that. I'm not even talking about the scoreboard (even though the game was more lopsided than even the final score shows). It was little things like Zeke trucking Burfict 8 yrds, and Witten backhanding whatever safety that was. They had no response to that. Dallas aint as good as that record either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2016, 07:01 AM)John Shaft Wrote: "Each win hurts this team now if we can lay down and give the Ravens a win"
Wow.....just wow. That's the ole competitive spirit ! Lay down as if your job is not on the line.
I hear this more and more. Is this what our fan base is becoming?
Sigh*

Job on the line??? Whose job is on the line? 

Mediocre Marv, cause he's not going anywhere, nor is any other coach. Mike Brown will not pay someone to not work, so all the coaches, are safe.

Players? Well to be fair, several players should lose their jobs, they didn't get it done this year and it is time to move on from them.

And yes, each win does in fact now hurt this team. Would you rather be 7-8-1 with Marv saying how "A few plays away from 10 wins, and a few injuries and bad breaks away" then getting handed another contract extension?? No ***** thanks to that noise.

Lose, and get a better draft pick, that actually helps the team more than winning the last two meaningless games, not to mention losing to the Ravens if they beat the steelers this week keeps those yellow towel waving bitches out of the playoffs. So...better draft pick plus screwing over the steelers....and the downside to this is exactly what??

To be honest, if Baltimore beats pitt, I'd actually love to see Marvin announce that Green and Hill and Atkins and Eifert and Dalton won't play to rest them for next season and let it be known to pitt that we are absolutely 100% throwing this game just to screw you out of the playoffs.

I want what is best for this team, and if they are not going to the playoffs get the highest draft pick and impact player you can, rather than be 7-8-1 and picking in the middle of the pack while helping the steelers get into the playoffs again. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
About 3 games in when it was evident our O-line was absolutely horrid.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yes.

We were 1-1 with our loss coming in Pitt, that we could of won if the refs would of saw boyds knee down.

It was late in the Denver game, about 4 mins. We were down i think 22-17? And they had a 3rd and 10 or more. Im thinking hell yeah, dont let em get 10 or 11 yards and we get the ball back with perfect position to win the game and advance to 2-1 on the season. Their trash qb sieman drops back and has just toooooo much time in the pocket I swear it felt like 3 days. He chucks the ball all the way down field for one of our corners gets killed and it goes into a td. When i saw sieman slice up our defense, i knew it was a wrap. After that play, i had no enthusiasm about the season whatsoever
Reply/Quote
When I saw the schedule. Made many posts about it that fell on deaf ears. Pointed out how we hadn't beaten certain teams at their place in a long time or never. (Jets, NE, Dallas, Giants). Then i remembered we had to play the Steelers and Baltimore 4 times. I thought no way we sweep the Ravens again and Pitt always has our number. Also considered the Browns were due a W. Texans own us. London game.

Brutal PO loss hangover..

Reply/Quote