Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least Jones apologized
(02-04-2016, 10:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burfict should have pulled the reins up after the ball was not caught. This happened directly in front of my seat and had a front row view of this debacle. There was time to digest the missed catch. 

I have a differen't angle that says otherwise. It was bang/bang. No way he could have avoided that contact. It was just unfortunate that Browns head came down the way it did. It was not a dirty play.  

See:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRe6NgP8RM&feature=youtu.be

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 10:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's hilarious how little self-reflection Steelers players/coaches/fans have. I'm pretty positive all of us Bengals fans know Burfict is fairly dirty... but it's okay, because he's the exact thing the Steelers have had coming to them from their decades of dirty play. I'm just amazed it hasn't taken longer to catch up to them before the Bengals and Ravens finally decided they had enough of their shit and started dishing it back at them.

Until they either change how they conduct themselves as an organization, or change divisions, I don't think the Steelers will ever find themselves healthy enough to win another Super Bowl. It's as simple as that. They've worshipped their Harrison/Ward/Mitchell/Shazier/Wallace/etc head hunting, and now they're reaping what they sowed among the AFC North.

You cannot put into words what Bengal fans think any better than this right here^! It's Private Pyle syndrome. You made the monster now you deal with it!
Reply/Quote
I hope Burfict knock the whole 53 man roster out in one game Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 02:47 AM)GodFather Wrote: I hope Burfict knock the whole 53 man roster out in one game Ninja

Has anyone ever lost due to injury forfeit before? I wouldn't mind trying that out. Heck, I am starting to wish Burfict went ahead and went helmet-to-helmet rather than shoulder-to-helmet. At least then when Brown started crying about it to every media that he could show up on, he might have a legit reason to cry.... but in the meantime? He's just making me feel less bad about the next time Burfict does it to him.

[Image: aj-green-fumble-and-injury-against-pitts...replay.gif]
[Image: mitchell_hit.0.gif]
[Image: ryan-shazier-giovani-bernard-nfl-afc-wil...-768x0.jpg]

23k fine, 23k fine, not fined.. by the way. Oddly enough, no ridiculous over the top 3 game suspensions for the Steelers. Waiting to hear about how Antonio Brown is going to talk about how they were trying to murder Bengals players and murder their dreams.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have been watching sports for 35 years at least and I have never seen anything like the hatred between these two teams and the fans. You can say what you want about Steelers/Ravens, Michigan/Ohio State, Yankees/Red Sox but nothing even comes close to what I have witnessed over the last 11 years. Seeing these Steelers players whining like little bitches when they have been doing worse for years is hard to swallow and harder to watch. What's bad is how the media babies him and his squad like they are innocent victims. Boomer Esiason (who once was my hero in my teens) gets on my nerves so bad with his uppity bullshit that he makes me want to puke. That whole CBS pregame crew blows, especially Blart Scott who still hasn't put together a complete sentence.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 02:58 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: I have been watching sports for 35 years at least and I have never seen anything like the hatred between these two teams and the fans. You can say what you want about Steelers/Ravens, Michigan/Ohio State, Yankees/Red Sox but nothing even comes close to what I have witnessed over the last 11 years. Seeing these Steelers players whining like little bitches when they have been doing worse for years is hard to swallow and harder to watch. What's bad is how the media babies him and his squad like they are innocent victims. Boomer Esiason (who once was my hero in my teens) gets on my nerves so bad with his uppity bullshit that he makes me want to puke. That whole CBS pregame crew blows, especially Blart Scott who still hasn't put together a complete sentence.

Yea I agree with the hatred, I was waiting for a brawl by the end of the 3rd and just wondering who would be left to play.  I'm sure non-Bengal fans expect us to biased even blindly in some cases but it's comical to hear what most came away thinking of that game.  Burfict is dirty, Jones is a punk, Steelers win lol.  Yes Marvin needs to be accountable to his troops and that disgusting display but Tomlin should be EQUALLY held accountable.  Jason Whitlock has a theory, but even if that holds zero weight then why isn't he questioned?  Ask him two of his coaches blatently baited opposing players into altercations while you ask Marvin why his guys reacted.  While you ask Burfict why he hit Brown after the play, ask Tomlin why his guard road Burfict into the endzone after the whistle.  At the time I was livid that Burfict chose to alter the game at the end the way he did vs Denver, but I didn't let that moment erase every memory of that game prior.  Somehow the majority of NFL fans that "watched" the game did though it seems. 
Reply/Quote
God damnit now i'm all mad about that ***** game again[Image: furious.gif] Annnd VB did NOT hit AB in the ***** head with his shoulder. AB hit VB shoulder with his ***** head.  VB was low and going in clean. It's right there in the damn video^ just keep playing it over and over.

Reply/Quote
The Steelers coaches actions were part of their game plan. What they did was on purpose.They broke the rules as part of their game plan and were assisted by the refs. Goodell should be freaking out over what happened. Wonder why he's not?

What a fairy tale Super Bowl. Like Shane riding into the sunset.(All the ex NFL QB will be crying - it will be beautiful.)

Tomlin is low life garbage. Bottom of the trash can garbage..........The wet sloppy part...........at the bottom.
Reply/Quote
I needed this good laugh today. Steelers just mad we've finally caught up to how they play ball. He needs a history lesson, and a normal haircut. wtf kind of cut is that? Like a minecraft fade?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 10:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Burfict should have pulled the reins up after the ball was not caught. This happened directly in front of my seat and had a front row view of this debacle. There was time to digest the missed catch. 

Can forgive players trying to make plays though. Plus emotions were very high and the steelers were hitting that way as well. Can overlook this even though it was painful to watch the victory evaporate into thin air in this manner. 

Can not forgive Pac Man taking the verbal bait of a coach in a last ditch effort trying to magically pull a the win like it was a rabbit from a hat. Just plain stupidity.

They knew he was a hot head and exactly who's buttons to push. No excuse at all for taking the bait or for lying about the player winking at him either. That is just classless.  Great talent but weak minded. 

Extremely well said.  As for the two games next year, I am certain that both teams will be put on notice.  The NFL cannot allow what went on this year to continue.  My guess is that the first sign of anything, there will be ejections.
Reply/Quote
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/02/04/steelers-wr-antonio-brown-on-bengals-game-they-wanted-to-kill-me-2/

Here he claims that they try and steal his dreams.

I think we have reached a new level of pussdome.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 10:55 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Extremely well said.  As for the two games next year, I am certain that both teams will be put on notice.  The NFL cannot allow what went on this year to continue.  My guess is that the first sign of anything, there will be ejections.

You must mean the NFL cannot allow Bengals players to fight back. They've allowed Steelers players and coaches to play cheap for years... If they do something, it's only because the Bengal players have begun defending themselves the last couple years. No more bringing knifes to gun fights. No longer trying to play with class while clearly fighting (and losing) in the gutter.... If the Bengals don't defend themselves or react, the league is fine with the Steelers concussing and IR'ing our players. We all know it. It should make us rally behind out players. Not cower and demand our players revert back to getting beat up, abused, and bullied.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 11:31 AM)jj22 Wrote: You must mean the NFL cannot allow Bengals players to fight back. They've allowed Steelers players and coaches to play cheap for years... If they do something, it's only because the Bengal players have begun defending themselves the last couple years. No more bringing knifes to gun fights.  No longer trying to play with class while clearly fighting (and losing) in the gutter....  If the Bengals don't defend themselves or react, the league is fine with the Steelers concussing and IR'ing our players. We all know it. It should make us rally behind out players. Not cower and demand our players revert back to getting beat up, abused, and bullied.

The league has changed.  I don't think the league wants a game that results in hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines, in multiple players being carted off the field, a game that is basic mayhem.  The place we watch the games is not filled with Bengals fans, and I don't live near Bengals fans.  I can tell you that the people I know, the people who don't root for either team, describe the recent games as insanity... basically one step above WWE.  The league, and every owner, is about one thing... making money.  I personally do not believe the league wants this.
Reply/Quote
We'll see. I believe they act as though they didn't like it, but something tells me the way the game was talked about and still talked about, they don't mind. It was a classic, and will be talked about for decades. If both game are on national tv when Burfict is reinstated next year, we'll have our answer.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 11:43 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The league has changed.  I don't think the league wants a game that results in hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines, in multiple players being carted off the field, a game that is basic mayhem.  The place we watch the games is not filled with Bengals fans, and I don't live near Bengals fans.  I can tell you that the people I know, the people who don't root for either team, describe the recent games as insanity... basically one step above WWE.  The league, and every owner, is about one thing... making money.  I personally do not believe the league wants this.

Problem is, rivalries like this drive ratings - which in turn drives revenue.  People tune in just to see the mayhem whether they cheer for either team or not.  Bit of a conundrum for the league.  
Reply/Quote
So this might be a little off topic, but lets say that the trend of the past 2 seasons carries over into next season. Lets say these teams are aiming for each other and things get out of hand in both games. What does the NFL do going forward? Would they switch up the divisions a little bit to prevent the 2 teams from playing each other or would they just start handing out season long suspensions to prevent the teams from acting up. I'm really curious to hear what people think.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 12:49 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: So this might be a little off topic, but lets say that the trend of the past 2 seasons carries over into next season. Lets say these teams are aiming for each other and things get out of hand in both games. What does the NFL do going forward? Would they switch up the divisions a little bit to prevent the 2 teams from playing each other or would they just start handing out season long suspensions to prevent the teams from acting up. I'm really curious to hear what people think.

I think you will see ejections pretty quick if things start to get out of hand, and those will be followed by suspensions.  That is the best way, in my opinion, to get things under control.  Fines do very little, but if a guy has to leave the field that will make a big impression.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2016, 01:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I think you will see Bengal ejections pretty quick if things start to get out of hand, and those will be followed by Bengal suspensions.  That is the best way, in my opinion, to get things under control.  Fines do very little, but if a guy has to leave the field that will make a big impression.

Fixed it for you. There's no way the NFL will punish the Steelers for playing "hard nosed football" with some "unfortunate" hits. Coach pulled a players hair? 10k fine, maybe. Coach starting a fight in the middle of the field? 10k fine, maybe. Player knocking a Bengals unconscious on the ground and then celebrating it? No fine.

But the Bengals? Oh damn, shoulder-to-helmet? 3 games and you sir are a monster.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That's the truth right there.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2016, 11:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: In addition,  Bengal stooler games used to make me nervous. Not anymore. I will be looking forward to them. There will soon be a day that pittsburgh is nothing but taint on the afc's ass. Much like cleveland is now.

I'm getting a woody thinking of that. Shocked
Reply/Quote