Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least we aren't Browns fans
News on NFL.com has the Browns firing Coach Mike Pettine and possibly GM Ray Farmer. This sets the stage for yet another 1st round QB selection on the coach-GM-QB merry-go-round that has become the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613788/article/browns-owner-jimmy-haslam-will-fire-mike-pettine

I know I rag on Mike Brown a lot, primarily for the first 15 years of his ownership of the team, but I must admit that at least he makes a plan and sticks with it long enough for it to actually have a chance to work. That stability has really helped the Bengals keep players and win more games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
That's the truth. The Browns don't give anything a chance before they pull the plug. Their infinite list of QBs speaks volumes to that. What's sad is they do have and have had some talented players that have wasted their careers playing for the joke that is the Browns organization.
Reply/Quote
"At least we aren't Browns fans"

Something every Bengals fan says at some point in their life. Every Thanksgiving it's what I'm thankful for.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 12:44 PM)BengalChris Wrote: News on NFL.com has the Browns firing Coach Mike Pettine and possibly GM Ray Farmer. This sets the stage for yet another 1st round QB selection on the coach-GM-QB merry-go-round that has become the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613788/article/browns-owner-jimmy-haslam-will-fire-mike-pettine

I know I rag on Mike Brown a lot, primarily for the first 15 years of his ownership of the team, but I must admit that at least he makes a plan and sticks with it long enough for it to actually have a chance to work. That stability has really helped the Bengals keep players and win more games.

We won the damn division.  We're doing better than a lot of teams, not just the lowly Browns.  
Reply/Quote
I hope Christian Hackenberg likes it in Cleveland.... Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 01:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I hope Christian Hackenberg likes it in Cleveland.... Nervous

Yay, you made it!

I hope he doesn't go there, I want him to succeed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 01:09 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We won the damn division.  We're doing better than a lot of teams, not just the lowly Browns.  

We won the division and around here it seems like some have bailed on this team..  Makes it unbearable at times..  
Reply/Quote
i hope ezekiel elliot likes it in CLE
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 01:47 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: We won the division and around here it seems like some have bailed on this team..  Makes it unbearable at times..  

Anger at 'wash, rinse, repeat' =/= bailed. Some fans are just too sensitive.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Classic loser mentality.

At least we don't have it worse than...'insert team/person/entity'

Don't worry about actually accomplishing something, take solace in the fact that you found someone else worse off than you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 01:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: i hope ezekiel elliot likes it in CLE

I was going to write, "I hope Joey Bosa likes it in Cleveland," but since that is actually the smartest move the Browns could actually make, there's no way it will actually happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 01:09 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We won the damn division.  We're doing better than a lot of teams, not just the lowly Browns.  

I do know that, but when I saw that posted on nfl.com I couldn't resist posting it. The contrast between the Bengals and the new Browns is so vast and it's almost unbelievable.

Reply/Quote

I do know that, but when I saw that posted on nfl.com I couldn't resist posting it. The contrast between the Bengals and the new Browns is so vast and it's almost unbelievable.

(01-03-2016, 01:47 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: We won the division and around here it seems like some have bailed on this team..  Makes it unbearable at times..  

I'm not bailing on this team, if that's what you thought. Just found it comical how bad that Cleveland franchise has become and their inability to learn basically anything at all when it comes to running an NFL team.

More importantly, I do tend to be a little overcritical of Mikey B and I posted this as an acknowledge that he has changed and I'm glad that he has.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 02:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was going to write, "I hope Joey Bosa likes it in Cleveland," but since that is actually the smartest move the Browns could actually make, there's no way it will actually happen.

Bosa will end up in Tennesee. The browns will take another QB to ruin.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 07:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bosa will end up in Tennesee. The browns will take another QB to ruin.

Yeah, that's their MO.

Reply/Quote
I remember the nineties so thusly will disparage no one.
Until we win about 8 Superbowls, then it's on.
Reply/Quote
And the Brownies have cleaned house again according to Boomer...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And the Brownies have cleaned house again according to Boomer...

At least theyre consistent with their stupidity.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 09:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And the Brownies have cleaned house again according to Boomer...

And, Manziel blew off his concussion protocol meeting with the Browns today. Gee, it almost seems like he doesn't want to play in Cleveland and is deliberately trying to sabatoge his position there. Hmmm...
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote