Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least we know we won't use 1st round picks on OLine
Well with the whole big Z situation , at least we know we won't ever use a first on another o linemen.

What's the points in using a valuable first round pick, watching the guy grow into a top 7 guy at his position , to just let him walk.

We better not use a first rounder on the line again
Reply/Quote
Don't worry. We won't. We'll use the 9th pick on either RB or CB
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:36 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Well with the whole big Z situation , at least we know we won't ever use a first on another o linemen.

What's the points in using a valuable first round pick, watching the guy grow into a top 7 guy at his position , to just let him walk.

We better not use a first rounder on the line again

You just said it...a top "7" guy...and gets the highest salary ever for the position...It made no sense whatsoever to sign him...He was not going to stay so they did not even offer a contract.  Boling is just a level below Zeitler and making about 6 mil per year...How can you justify paying him double?   As far as Whit, I am sure the Bengals made an offer, most likely a competitive offer but the Rams overpaid for a 35 year old LT...Insanity....I am not happy with what our OL may be this year but you lose other guys in the future by paying those huge contracts for these type of players....loved Whit to death but obviously money spoke more than anything....
Reply/Quote
The way I see it..

We're going either ...

CB, RB, LB, DE...

Maybe O-line... (Not my preference).
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Safety Malik Hooker from Ohio State might be there at #9. Just sayin'.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not necessarily. They may use a first round pick on OLine again, but if it's an interior OLineman, they won't be re-signed.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Safety Malik Hooker from Ohio State might be there at #9.  Just sayin'.....

We don't seem to put first round value on S's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:41 PM)McC Wrote: We don't seem to put first round value on S's.

We don't seem to put much value into anything besides the Brown family bank accounts.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:41 PM)McC Wrote: We don't seem to put first round value on S's.

I think this needs to change in this year's draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I think this needs to change in this year's draft.

Then there's also the fact that both our starting safeties were just signed to new deals last year.  And you know what means round these parts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:57 PM)McC Wrote: Then there's also the fact that both our starting safeties were just signed to new deals last year.  And you know what means round these parts.

That even if Hooker were to fall to number nine he would be relegated to special teams gunner for 2-3 years?
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 08:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That even if Hooker were to fall to number nine he would be relegated to special teams gunner for 2-3 years?

You know this team all too well. On the positive, he would be making more than Smith and Fej which means he would be higher on the depth chart. 2 certainties on the Bengals are 1) highest paid plays regardless of production 2) DB first round picks won't have any real chance of playing time until years 3-4 at best.
Reply/Quote
Bengals have been "leaking" that they are interested in one of the top RBs, I guess that we can all agree that is smoke. They say that they aren't drafting OL in the first two rounds.. To me, that says "We're prioritizing OL in the top of the draft". I don't see Cam Robinson as the "real deal" so I hope they pass until round two and go after Dan Freeny, and follow it up with one of the top Centers in round 3.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 05:36 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: What's the points in using a valuable first round pick, watching the guy grow into a top 7 guy at his position , to just let him walk.

5 years of production at a discount price.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I say piss on it, just take BPA does it really matter at this point.
Reply/Quote
Very confused where the Bengals are headed at this point. I'm not a guru, but Jesus, neither is the Bengals front office who continue to play the same confusing "WTF" scenarios. After this whole thing is over and we know who we have, again we will be left like "we got a chance to compete." Never win, just compete. Friggin Brown family! If Mike B died tomorrow and Katie took over, Im not even sure Katie would change things. Probably just want to honor her ass-breath fathers legacy.

I am going to friggin die one day and never see this team win a SB. I guess I'm ok with it because becoming a fan of anyone else is not possible. Damnit, just once, give us a run. I think there is a word which explains the relationship between Mike Brown and Bengals fans.

sadomasochism: interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 10:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very confused where the Bengals are headed at this point. I'm not a guru, but Jesus, neither is the Bengals front office who continue to play the same confusing "WTF" scenarios. After this whole thing is over and we know who we have, again we will be left like "we got a chance to compete." Never win, just compete. Friggin Brown family! If Mike B died tomorrow and Katie took over, Im not even sure Katie would change things. Probably just want to honor her ass-breath fathers legacy.

I am going to friggin die one day and never see this team win a SB. I guess I'm ok with it because becoming a fan of anyone else is not possible. Damnit, just once, give us a run. I think there is a word which explains the relationship between Mike Brown and Bengals fans.

sadomasochism: interaction, especially sexual activity, in which one person enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on another person, who derives pleasure from experiencing pain.

I would assume Katie has a lot of say with this team. I don't wish anyone to die, as mad as this franchise makes me I just think that's a little extreme. Even if Mike was gone tomorrow I'm afraid this is what we will continue to see going forward. This is as much Katie's cluster f&$k as it is Mikes.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 07:57 PM)McC Wrote: Then there's also the fact that both our starting safeties were just signed to new deals last year.  And you know what means round these parts.

I think that freak from UCONN, Obi Mulafonwheresmylightsaber, could be a nice pairing to Iloka and move Williams to nickel backer..
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2017, 09:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 5 years of production at a discount price.

Yup. The only way we will have premier G or C play is if they are on a rookie contract or take a team friendlt deal. 
Reply/Quote