Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At this point?
Wouldn't you rather lose out to secure a top 10 pick, or gut it out. Give me your arguments for either. Me personally I wanted us to just lose out. We would have a top 10 pick which would be enticing to a new coach as well as a AJ trade if the Bengals win the RFA vs FA argument. Just curious what everyone else thinks.
Reply/Quote
Forgot, even a Dalton trade at this point. I wouldn't take any options off the table with this team.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it really matters with Toby and Mikey if we pick #1 or #32. They're gonna screw it up and probably find some damned reason to keep Marvin come hell or high water..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, I would have preferred they lose out considering the whole franchise stunk to high heaven almost all season. The W against Detroit does absolutely nothing positive for the Bengals. There can be no pride in Bengalville with this win. Maybe fringe players were playing to get noticed. That makes sense.   Sad
Reply/Quote
I love the draft, I absolutely freakin love it. With each win now I die a little. There is no reason whatsoever to win now. I think we just dropped maybe 10 spots, hell we could have moved up a couple with a loss today. Now we will be picking in the dreaded Bengals CB sweet spot of the draft. Maybe we can still pry some picks from Cleveland. Still pissed that AJ Trade got screwed up. We would be looking at the first pick in the 2nd and 3rd. Grrrr
Reply/Quote
Can’t root for them to lose even when my interest is at a low point.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Don't worry the Ravens will kick our ass and finish 6-10. We will be in the 9-15 range. Maybe by this time next yr john ross will have atleast 4 catches. IF Mikey doesn't hire a homerun, specifically outside the organization that's accustomed to winning them the season ticket holders will not renew. I think blandy does a lot of things good but nothing great and I would love to entertain offers for him. Hell I wouldn't be objective to drafting a qb with the spot we have and then drafting lineman and a safety. I don't want anyone from this staff or jay gruden. Hell give me Brian Kelly atleast
Reply/Quote
Lose out. At least start the rest of the squad and give them some real-time play.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
At this point this entire season has a certain "olor de mierda" about it. The entire organization needs an enema.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The best thing for us would be for our young players to play well and gain quality experience. Yes having a good draft position is a good thing come April but not at the expense of development of young players.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The entire organization needs an enema.

With a mace....

[Image: Spiked-mace.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 11:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At this point this entire season has a certain "olor de mierda" about it.  The entire organization needs an enema.

Yup,

I'm of the opinion that our draft position, 9, 14, whatever isn't near as important as whether Mikey is going to make some real moves towards actually trying to win ?

Or more of the same old same old ?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2017, 11:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup,

I'm of the opinion that our draft position, 9, 14, whatever isn't near as important as whether Mikey is going to make some real moves towards actually trying to win ?

Or more of the same old same old ?

You mean like moving toward retirement?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 12:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You mean like moving toward retirement?

Or bowel movements....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 12:22 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Or bowel movements....

Well, I was trying hard to avoid using that response...  But, since you mentioned it.  The organization really could use a good, thorough flush.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There is absolutely no way that I will root for the Bengals to lose to the Ravens next week.

I cannot believe this is really a question.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Definitely lose , I never do this but I fell asleep.at half time I woke up in my bed at the end and heard the tv and heard Bengals win. I'm like what the heck how'd that happen. Next week's game means nothing to me ,except seeing Marvins last game sent off by a big fat loss I hope it's dramatic just like his time here,send him off right with all his stupid decision making he's made me deal with. Adios old man.lol
Reply/Quote
Sorry, not rooting for a loss even if it means Marvins boats sinks farther.... Don't care where we pick as long as its 9 lineman.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There is absolutely no way that I will root for the Bengals to lose to the Ravens next week.

I cannot believe this is really a question.

It’s tough for sure. I am not rooting for a loss, but am unfortunately giddy with one now.

Reply/Quote
lose. i want Nelson or LB Roquan Smith
Reply/Quote