Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
At what point will fans admit we're rebuilding?
(10-24-2017, 11:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Anyone want to jump on the 'We're Rebuilding!' bandwagon YET?

We need 4 new offensive lineman, a TE, maybe a DT, a MLB as Minter is a free agent, Vigil looks mediocre, and WR's outside of AJ Green look bad.

It may be semantics, but while we may NEED a rebuild... that is currently NOT what we're doing.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 12:01 PM)R3stangs Wrote: It may be semantics, but while we may NEED a rebuild... that is currently NOT what we're doing.

See in the NFL I think you're either competing or rebuilding. But, we most of our problem areas have no young player ready to step in.

The daunting thing about a rebuild here is because we don't rely on free agency heavily...we can never draft the 8 or so starters in 1 year to turn the ship around. Then lose Atkins/Dunlap/Or Dennard in free agency and you have to replace them.

It's running in quicksand.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:42 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Anyone want to jump on the 'We're Rebuilding!' bandwagon YET?

We need 4 new offensive lineman, a TE, maybe a DT, a MLB as Minter is a free agent, Vigil looks mediocre, and WR's outside of AJ Green look bad.

Not ready to call it a rebuild just yet. Just give me a new fresh HC, from outside the organization, next year and I'll consider it a rebuild. Until then, this is just a crumbling team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:11 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Not ready to call it a rebuild just yet. Just give me a new fresh HC, from outside the organization, next year and I'll consider it a rebuild. Until then, this is just a crumbling team.

Even with a new HC, we need 4 new offensive lineman, a new WR, a DT, and possibly 2 starting-caliber LB's.

Plus IF we don't win next year...we likely lose 2 of Atkins/Dunlap/Dennard.

For a team that doesn't really use free agency, how do you add 8 new starters?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even with a new HC, we need 4 new offensive lineman, a new WR, a DT, and possibly 2 starting-caliber LB's.

Can't say that I agree with this at all.

Sure, we need a major overhaul on the O-line, but I don't see the need for a new WR.  

DT?  A need, but not really a major one.

LBs?  I'm pretty sure that we can win with Burfict, Vigil and Evans.

This team really only needs new starters on the O-line.  You can win with everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even with a new HC, we need 4 new offensive lineman, a new WR, a DT, and possibly 2 starting-caliber LB's.

Simple.

Comp picks. Ninja
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Simple.

Comp picks. Ninja

8 starters?  What am I missing?

I can see 3 or 4 new O-linemen, but after that it seems that this time is built pretty damn good.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 04:39 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: 8 starters?  What am I missing?

I can see 3 or 4 new O-linemen, but after that it seems that this time is built pretty damn good.

Pistons likes to go off the deep end and anyone who isn't above average needs to be replaced.

Every team has holes, it's up to the coach to be able to hide them. In this case the bengals NEED 2/3 OL. There are other areas that can be upgraded, but LB, S, DT are all part of what has been a great D this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 12:30 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I won't say that we're rebuilding.

There is too much talent on our roster to call it a rebuild.

Give this team to any respectable coaching staff and it's a contender. Our group of literal chucklef***s are squandering it.

too much highly paid talent on the team...  when rebuilding you generally drop the big contracts with a firesale.
Reply/Quote

We drafted Ross and we drafted Malone in this past years draft they could be the answer  at WR.  We need another 3t on defense  yes but that position is always loaded come draft time so again not really that concerned by it. 2 LB what are you smoking? Vontaz, Virgil, and Evans are a good trio but that's besides the point because we only play 2 because we're in Nickle 70% of the time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals aren't rebuilding. They are sputtering... Stuck in the mud.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
feels like we are in a demolition mod now.
Reply/Quote
Said two years ago that the window was closing on this team.

So the old board made a thread about it to say how wrong of a statement it was.

They thought we would go to the playoffs forever it seemed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 08:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Said two years ago that the window was closing on this team.

So the old board made a thread about it to say how wrong of a statement it was.

They thought we would go to the playoffs forever it seemed.

Yeah I get it too. There are still some people on this board that think we'll be 10-6 this year.

re: No holes - Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard are all free agents after next season. They can Tag one of them.

You just know that they won't spend in free agency citing having to retain those guys.

re: WR 2 and Ross - He's totally unproven just like Ced and Fisher were. When you hand a guy like that a starting spot, it could be disaster. re: Malone - Really? I mean in time he may develop, but that's a low percentage proposition.

Even if 4 offensive lineman were all we needed...that is a daunting proposition.

It's kinda like 75% of the board doesn't like to acknowledge the reality of how poorly the Bengals are managed.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 05:07 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Pistons likes to go off the deep end and anyone who isn't above average needs to be replaced.  

Every team has holes, it's up to the coach to be able to hide them. In this case the bengals NEED 2/3 OL.  There are other areas that can be upgraded, but LB, S, DT are all part of what has been a great D this year.

Yeah...how dare I? Clearly our roster is adequate enough...

26+ years and no playoff wins. 3 seasons out of 50 have resulted in atleast 1 playoff win for this franchise. Clearly they have things under control.
Reply/Quote

How can you say we need a WR? John Ross hasn't even caught a pass in the NFL yet...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I get it too. There are still some people on this board that think we'll be 10-6 this year.

re: No holes - Atkins, Dunlap, and Dennard are all free agents after next season. They can Tag one of them.

You just know that they won't spend in free agency citing having to retain those guys.

re: WR 2 and Ross - He's totally unproven just like Ced and Fisher were. When you hand a guy like that a starting spot, it could be disaster. re: Malone - Really? I mean in time he may develop, but that's a low percentage proposition.

Even if 4 offensive lineman were all we needed...that is a daunting proposition.

It's kinda like 75% of the board doesn't like to acknowledge the reality of how poorly the Bengals are managed.
First off on Dunlap, Geno, and Dennard they will probably sign two of those before next season starts and franchise the other. So I doubt any of them leave after next season.
On the Wr point Ross is unproven got it that doesn't= bad which somehow you think. Also how is Malone turning into a good player that incredibly low  of a percentage what proof or evidence do you have to say that he will be bad.
The offensive line is a daunting task no doubt but a couple of smart free agent moves and a couple of good picks could turn it around. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Unless the ownership agrees to go in to Free Agency in a REAL way (not dumpster diving) and also to rescind their idea that interior linemen are not valuable next year will be exactly like this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How can you say we need a WR? John Ross hasn't even caught a pass in the NFL yet...

Yeah...maybe because 6 games into his NFL career he hasn't caught a pass yet. Ross may develop...but can you count on him right now as the #2 WR next year?

IF we have a bad year next year...2 of Atkins/Dunlap/Dennard will leave.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...maybe because 6 games into his NFL career he hasn't caught a pass yet. Ross may develop...but can you count on him right now as the #2 WR next year?

IF we have a bad year next year...2 of Atkins/Dunlap/Dennard will leave.

Let's see what happens with him the rest of year.

Anyway, doesn't LaFell have another year on his contract? He's the #2 next year regardless. 

Reply/Quote