Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athletic Shorts With No Pockets?
Who the **** seriously designs these things? It is 2015, people use iPods and Cellphones religiously while working out, running, or just lounging in shorts. I mean ffs, even bathing suits come equipped with pockets and you enter water in them, so why not some pairs of athletic shorts.

Reason for the rant is my wife picked me up some NFL Licensed Bengals workout shorts and they have no pockets and it is driving me nuts. The shorts are fantastic in every other aspect except for this and it just makes me want to throw a 25lb plate at whoever's genius idea it was to not include pockets.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 12:08 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Who the **** seriously designs these things? It is 2015, people use iPods and Cellphones religiously while working out, running, or just lounging in shorts. I mean ffs, even bathing suits come equipped with pockets and you enter water in them, so why not some pairs of athletic shorts.

Reason for the rant is my wife picked me up some NFL Licensed Bengals workout shorts and they have no pockets and it is driving me nuts. The shorts are fantastic in every other aspect except for this and it just makes me want to throw a 25lb plate at whoever's genius idea it was to not include pockets.

One of the reasons for no pockets is because they can cause injury (im serious). People's fingers can get caught in them. We werent allowed wearing shorts with pockets during inner-murals in college because of this. 

Also, if they are officially licensed Bengals shorts, the same ones that the players wear, why would they have pockets? You really think Jeremy Hill is out there carrying around a wallet and an iPod in his shorts while hes trucking over defenders? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 12:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: One of the reasons for no pockets is because they can cause injury (im serious). People's fingers can get caught in them. We werent allowed wearing shorts with pockets during inner-murals in college because of this. 

Also, if they are officially licensed Bengals shorts, the same ones that the players wear, why would they have pockets? You really think Jeremy Hill is out there carrying around a wallet and an iPod in his shorts while hes trucking over defenders? 

There still should be pockets....there are other non officially licensed products that pull the same shit. It's just stupid.
Reply/Quote
Like it was pointed out. If they are used for actual athletics pockets are a bad idea.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't buy them, currently.

But if I install a bluetooth/combo lock for my door, and get a smartwatch...then I have nothing to carry when working out and I'd go for these.

That's where I'm heading, at least when a quality fitness app is released for smartwatches.
Reply/Quote
How are you supposed to play pocket pool like that? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 03:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: How are you supposed to play pocket pool like that? Confused

I guess these guys just don't have class like us.
Reply/Quote
If my workout shorts have no pockets where am I supposed to put my smokes?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
so you don't break your fingers while playing contact sports.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:02 PM)J24 Wrote: so you don't break your fingers while playing contact sports.

I get that, but tons of basketball shorts I own have pockets in them and I wear them when just lounging around or doing yardwork as well. At least maybe we can compromise and put a pocket on the inside?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If my workout shorts have no pockets where am I supposed to put my smokes?

Or condoms?
Reply/Quote
A guy on my flag football team broke his thumb because of the pockets on athletic shorts. Sometimes it is nice to have pockets in athletic shorts, but for the true use of the product (ie. athletic endeavors) they're generally unnecessary.
[Image: HZgos1.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:13 PM)oldschoolomen Wrote: A guy on my flag football team broke his thumb because of the pockets on athletic shorts. Sometimes it is nice to have pockets in athletic shorts, but for the true use of the product (ie. athletic endeavors) they're generally unnecessary.

He must have been using them wrong then. I have worn athletic shorts plenty of times and have never broken my thumb on them. 
Reply/Quote
I literally just went through my shorts drawer to make sure they all have pockets. I'm good to go. ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Just get yourself a buttpack... or a man-purse.

Tongue
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 05:40 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Just get yourself a buttpack... or a man-purse.

Tongue

Buttpack?

I don't swing that way 'Zona.
Reply/Quote
I hate athletic shorts without pockets! I used to have an awesome pair that fit perfect, comfortable, they would have been my favorite pair but they had no pockets so I hardly ever wore them. I never go out of the house, or very long inside the house without at least my phone in my pocket.

Athletic shorts with no pockets, button fly jeans (stupid ******* invention), and people who say "I could care less" all drive me crazy.

As for the safety issue, I've never had a problem with that. I played flag football twice a week for the last 3 months and always wore shorts with pockets (as did basically everyone else) and never had a problem. People got hurt many other ways, but never from a nylon pocket.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 12:08 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: Who the **** seriously designs these things? It is 2015, people use iPods and Cellphones religiously while working out, running, or just lounging in shorts. I mean ffs, even bathing suits come equipped with pockets and you enter water in them, so why not some pairs of athletic shorts.

[Image: hm.jpg]

Get with the times, man! LOL

Thread a house key through your shoelace, and you're set to go. I could never work out with things in my pockets, anyways. That's why I got an iPod shuffle (which has a clip)
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 07:05 PM)Ryuko Wrote: [Image: hm.jpg]

Get with the times, man! LOL

Thread a house key through your shoelace, and you're set to go. I could never work out with things in my pockets, anyways. That's why I got an iPod shuffle (which has a clip)

Good thought, but I am way too clumsy and would wind up slamming my way too expensive phone into something metal and shatter the screen. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 07:05 PM)Ryuko Wrote: Thread a house key through your shoelace, and you're set to go. I could never work out with things in my pockets, anyways. That's why I got an iPod shuffle (which has a clip)

I've done that, but still a minor nuisance.  Armband...no thanks.

Smartwatch is the way to go for fitness, if you can survive being unreachable for an hour Yawn .  Add some bluetooth headphones and you're golden.
Reply/Quote