Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins Family Week of Giving
Geno and his wife Kristen are doing a cool thing and giving to people in need.

Day 2 in the books. They have some links posted where you can make contributions below. During this holiday season, I urge you to help someone if you have the financial means to do so.

Me and my wife do the Angel Tree at our church every year. Sometimes our gifts, are the only gifts people get.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Day 1 of Atkins Week of Giving:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Another one of the good guys

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I need better play on the defense...can he provide that? In all seriousness, he is a good guy and that is a great organization.

Just being a sarcastic prique.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Haha - He's definitely a great human being along with his family.
Reply/Quote
Geno is a good dude.....and with little fanfare about it.  In fact, there is little fanfare about anything he does.  He'll go down as one of my all time faves.....just wish he had a better year this season.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 05:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Geno is a good dude.....and with little fanfare about it.  In fact, there is little fanfare about anything he does.  He'll go down as one of my all time faves.....just wish he had a better year this season.

Absolutely. Look at all the families he's helping!

Reply/Quote
I have to say...one thing I'm not great at is keeping things in perspective. We tend to think that small obstacles we face are large, but there are people out there with major struggles.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 08:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have to say...one thing I'm not great at is keeping things in perspective. We tend to think that small obstacles we face are large, but there are people out there with major struggles.

You got that right brother.  I have been diligently working on that the last few years, and my life has drastically changed for the better, as well as being very grateful for what I have.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 08:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I have to say...one thing I'm not great at is keeping things in perspective. We tend to think that small obstacles we face are large, but there are people out there with major struggles.

Amen. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 05:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Geno is a good dude.....and with little fanfare about it.  In fact, there is little fanfare about anything he does.  He'll go down as one of my all time faves.....just wish he had a better year this season.

I just hope that those things don't work against him making the HoF.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 10:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: You got that right brother.  I have been diligently working on that the last few years, and my life has drastically changed for the better, as well as being very grateful for what I have.

I listen to a lot of podcasts now and that has been helpful in changing perspective.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 02:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just hope that those things don't work against him making the HoF.

They definitely shouldn't.....but with how the HOF is such a popularity contest and political in a sense, you just never know.  It's simply inexcusable that Kenny Riley is not in there....and there is a good case for Ken Anderson as well.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 02:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: They definitely shouldn't.....but with how the HOF is such a popularity contest and political in a sense, you just never know.  It's simply inexcusable that Kenny Riley is not in there....and there is a good case for Ken Anderson as well.

It's interesting how the rule changes in the NFL alter passing stats. Look back at Troy Aikmans stats then look at Blake Bortles stats.

People would think Bortles was the better QB based solely on stats.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's interesting how the rule changes in the NFL alter passing stats. Look back at Troy Aikmans stats then look at Blake Bortles stats.

People would think Bortles was the better QB based solely on stats.

Yep. The eras are just so different.

Matt Schaub has a better career PR than Dan Marino. Think about that one for a second...

Reply/Quote
What a great cause! And there is a username for facebook for you to help out too!

I urge everyone on here, that if you have the financial means...give $25-50 this year to someone in need to help out!

Reply/Quote