Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atkins Wants To Finish His Career Here!
Atkins came out and said that he loves it here and wants to finish his career where it started!

Quote: Atkins said the entire process has been "business as usual," although he feels it's important to finish his career in Cincinnati, whenever that may be.

"They were the team that drafted me. I love it here. I love the city. I love the organization," Atkins said. "It's something to cement my legacy here and I think that's important to finish where I started. We've got unfinished business, this whole team, and me and 'Los are trying to bring a Super Bowl to Cincinnati."

He sounds like a guy that's humble and happy to be where he is and not chasing stardom in some big market city. The article states that he has never hit the open market, which speaks volumes to him not going after the most money, but also speaks to our organization taking care of our own.

Having said that, he is being treated right!

Quote:According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the $16.3 million yearly average is the highest given to a non-quarterback who is 30 or older.

I wish all players had that kind of attitude because he's one of the only players that's not "me first," even though he has the ability to command the type of money to be that way.

Dunlap is also happy that the business side is done and just wants a ring for the city:

Quote:Said Dunlap: "It is a yearly renewal in the NFL as we all know, but for me personally we don't look at the total number. We look at the business being done so we can focus on football and win that Super Bowl for this city and this organization - everybody will win and we'll win again. That's our main focus. ... We're going to get after it and it's going to be a special season."

Atkins had similar thoughts, which is incredible:

Quote:"What's important to me is trying to have a good season this year," Atkins said. "Make the playoffs and try to win the Super Bowl."

There's more inthis article, but these two are going to have a hell of a year!

WHO-DEY!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
I think that is the most i have ever heard Geno speak lol

He sure does take great care of himself, he might be able to last even past his contract and get another one.

Need to get that Superbowl, that is for sure. That is where these guys are aiming and this D-line will give us a chance.
Reply/Quote
Geno is pure class! How lucky are we to have not 1, but 2 superstars (AJ) who are also such classy human beings? I so hope Geno does in fact retire in stripes. Hopefully with numbers that’ll get him into Canton, and with a SB ring.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Geno is pure class! How lucky are we to have not 1, but 2 superstars (AJ) who are also such classy human beings? I so hope Geno does in fact retire in stripes. Hopefully with numbers that’ll get him into Canton, and with a SB ring.

We've actually got several classy players these days.....the dude sittin' next to him ain't no rube. :andy:  Gio, Dalton, the two you mentioned, MJ, I'm sure there's others I am forgetting.....hell, even Burfict does good things off the field.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Geno is gifted not only with amazing talent, but also with a great attitude and work ethic. No wonder he's going down as one of the greatest of all time at DT. His skills combined with an attitude like that is a total winner. I feel like if you give Geno's attitude to someone like Chad Johnson, he would've had a way better career.

We are lucky to have Geno, and Carlos too. These guys are class act people who are also great football players. I hope they get a ring and get it here.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 06:22 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We've actually got several classy players these days.....the dude sittin' next to him ain't no rube. :andy:  Gio, Dalton, the two you mentioned, MJ, I'm sure there's others I am forgetting.....hell, even Burfict does good things off the field.

Oh for sure, I was just talking about legit superstars though. In a league where so many of them aren’t as humble/likable (just look at those 2 clowns in Pittsburgh) it’s refreshing to have guys like AJ and Geno.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Geno is pure class! How lucky are we to have not 1, but 2 superstars (AJ) who are also such classy human beings? I so hope Geno does in fact retire in stripes. Hopefully with numbers that’ll get him into Canton, and with a SB ring.

They second contract signed (big contract) he hurt his knee in Miami. First, let's hope that never happens again. I bring it up as many teams shy away from older guys like Geno for a 3rd contract that had major knee injuries.

Kudos to Geno for being a hard worker and getting back from that injury, Kudos to MB and the front office for having class during the injury season and next season and going out on a limb to pay a 30 year old defensive lineman for 4 years.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
We're lucky to have him. Now that he's locked in let's go get him and the other a ring.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Agree with all the stuff everyone has already said plus add...Geno has been a monster so far in the preseason. He sacked the QB with a G again against the Bills.

What must if feel like to be an OLineman and have this short guy get up under you and take you for a walk?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 08:41 PM)McC Wrote: Agree with all the stuff everyone has already said plus add...Geno has been a monster so far in the preseason. He sacked the QB with a G again against the Bills.

What must if feel like to be an OLineman and have this short guy get up under you and take you for a walk?

When he gets a sack without even touching the qb it’s so Geno.
Reply/Quote
Would Geno be the first 'Bengals elite' player that would have played his entire career in Cincy, from draft to retirement? Or at least first one in a long time? I dont know as I am trying to think of who the last one was and shooting blanks here.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
When Lap was asking about signature moves Geno should have said I like to throw olinemen into QBs lol

Reply/Quote
Nothing would make me happier than seeing a star like Geno retire a Bengal.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
In this day and age, it is a diminishing thing to see star players play their entire career with the team that drafted them. The simple fact that Geno expressed his wishes to do so, speaks volumes about the quality of the team, in ways that we could never understand as fans. I can only hope that Carlos, AJ, and Andy also get to complete their careers with this team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Say what you want about the Cincinnati Bengals front office and Coach Lewis but they have been able to create a culture of players who actually want to stay and play well not only for the organization before the fans of Cincinnati.

I have been a Cincinnati Bengals fan for so many year and this by far is the healthiest culture for the team I have witnessed. The days of overpaying players just to come to Cincinnati are over. I love what this organization has done over the past year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 09:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Nothing would make me happier than seeing a star like Geno retire a Bengal.

(08-29-2018, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In this day and age, it is a diminishing thing to see star players play their entire career with the team that drafted them. The simple fact that Geno expressed his wishes to do so, speaks volumes about the quality of the team, in ways that we could never understand as fans. I can only hope that Carlos, AJ, and Andy also get to complete their careers with this team.

And it makes it even more impressive because this team isn’t the typical powerhouses franchise of the NFL with a few rings(or even one), but, instead of bailing out like other great players would, he’s just focused on bringing one to the Nati!
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2018, 09:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In this day and age, it is a diminishing thing to see star players play their entire career with the team that drafted them. The simple fact that Geno expressed his wishes to do so, speaks volumes about the quality of the team, in ways that we could never understand as fans. I can only hope that Carlos, AJ, and Andy also get to complete their careers with this team.

I agree. There must be some very good vibes in the locker room and players seem much happier. Much different than last year. They detect the winning attitude. Man, this team is going to be tight.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 07:33 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. There must be some very good vibes in the locker room and players seem much happier. Much different than last year. They detect the winning attitude. Man, this team is going to be tight.

When I think about the atmosphere in the locker room, and how much things have changed, I reflect back to a darker time in Bengals history.  When guys like Pickens, Spikes and Dillon couldn't wait to live out their contracts and get the hell out of town.  Now, we have future HOF types wanting to finish their careers where they began.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And the D-line especially has been like this for a few years now. Even when MJ went to Tampa, he stayed on the D-line text chain. These guys are close family and love playing together....
Reply/Quote
He said I won't get complacent "because I don't want anyone to brag that they beat me". Man, I love Geno.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote