Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Atkins Wants To Finish His Career Here!
(08-30-2018, 08:39 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He said I won't get complacent "because I don't want anyone to brag that they beat me". Man, I love Geno.

If he finishes his career with his same high level of performance, we may FINALLY get another Bengal in the HOF after he retires.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's been a while since Cincy has celebrated a HOF player, not counting T.O. Anderson may get his day, but Atkins and Green will probably be our next opportunity in the future and would love for both of them to retire as Bengals. Great players and great men off the field. Let's celebrate a Super Bowl Championship first!
Reply/Quote
Have never boughten a jersey but if I ever do it will be Geno's.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The next few years could actually see Anderson and Riley inducted, followed by Green and Atkins. I doubt it though, because the league still has a bias against Cincinnati....
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2018, 08:39 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He said I won't get complacent "because I don't want anyone to brag that they beat me". Man, I love Geno.
The self-motivation and wanting to always be better is what makes HOF players!

His mindset is motivational! It’s not about the money for him!
(08-30-2018, 09:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The next few years could actually see Anderson and Riley inducted, followed by Green and Atkins. I doubt it though, because the league still has a bias against Cincinnati....

Cinci’s a small market..... they care about money........ not hard to put two and two together.
Reply/Quote
I just knew that all those years ago when nobody expected any of our great players to want to stay that we someday would have several bonified stars wanting to finish their careers in Cincinnati. In fact I predicted it to my alter ego. 

Ok, so I'm a big fat liar and that never happened, but let's just pretend it did. 

I do think that the huge salaries make it a bit easier to retain players just because once a player reaches a certain dollar amount , millions per season there's only so much teams can offer them to swap sides. For example, if I were paid 30 million bucks over a few short years an extra million really wouldn't be enough incentive to leave. Hell, I'd be more than thrilled to be paid a half a million and anything beyond that would just be throwing money around for the sake of money throwing.  But let's be honest . Who wouldn't want to pay me millions to go fishing when the team is losing? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote