Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Atkins and Daniels out for game
Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels as well as Shawn Williams are all out for the Browns game. None is really a surprise but losing 2 D-linemen is tough.

Bullock, as Zac said yesterday, is good to go

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Talk about exposing our young LBs! Reader and Daniels were pretty good last week. Hopefully this week Reader and Covington are just as good.
Reply/Quote
Shit! Lots of Covington, Brown and Bledsoe. Maybe McKenzie or Freedom up from the PS.
Reply/Quote
Time for Andrew Brown to step up... and likely another heavy dose of Sam Hubbard at defensive tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Oh Jeez. Do we have any DTs on the practice squad? haha
Reply/Quote
That's really tough. Hunt and Chubb are no joke. If they get going, Baker will be able to live off of the PA.
Reply/Quote
Bad news but hopefully a good decision in the long run. Would love to have both healthy for the majority of the year.

We just need to score early and often and make the Browns get away from the run game and we will be ok
Reply/Quote
Time for the edge rushers Dunlap, Hubbard, and Lawson to step up.
Reader should do fine stuffing the line and helping collapse the pocket, but he's not really a sack guy.
Unfortunately for our edge rushers, they have to go against Conklin and 1st round pick Wills.
Wills is the more raw of the two, but he has Bitonio on that side to help him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I really hope Atkins injury doesn't turn in to one of those week by week things that turns into eventually being put on IR. I may have missed the news but I don't recall the extent of the injury aside from it being something to do with his shoulder.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 02:56 PM)pally Wrote: Geno Atkins and Mike Daniels as well as Shawn Williams are all out for the Browns game. None is really a surprise but losing 2 D-linemen is tough.

Bullock, as Zac said yesterday, is good to go

Shit, not what I wanted to hear at all. I at least liked what I saw from Covington for the most part last game.

And Dunlap and Hubbard can play DT.

We need to run on these bastid Stains. That is all. But we really need to give Burrow some time so he can go off Play Action.

There were many flashes I saw in the first game that made me feel like we could be better than I thought.

It was like a preseason game going against one of the best D-lines in the league. Was not going to be easy.

Great test for Burrow and he looked great late in the game and our D looked way better than last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 06:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I really hope Atkins injury doesn't turn in to one of those week by week things that turns into eventually being put on IR.   I may have missed the news but I don't recall the extent of the injury aside from it being something to do with his shoulder.

It sounds EXACTLY like this - expect to see both Atkins and Daniels on IR soon....typical Bungles.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 06:45 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I really hope Atkins injury doesn't turn in to one of those week by week things that turns into eventually being put on IR.   I may have missed the news but I don't recall the extent of the injury aside from it being something to do with his shoulder.

Same. Wondering what is actually going on here...
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
We better see Atkins next week or the question becomes why didnt we IR him? we played 1 short all last season with AJ. This could be another reason for continuing to lose close games.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 08:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: It sounds EXACTLY like this - expect to see both Atkins and Daniels on IR soon....typical Bungles.

You know Mike brown is the only constant with the Bungal stuff. That said. I really like the guy...
Reply/Quote
If I was the Brown coach, I'd be drunk constantly because I coached the Browns.
While being drunk, I'd call on the RB almost every damn play because the yards will be gift-wrapped with no Atkins or suitable backup for the backup to stop their RB tonight.
Reply/Quote
Yup, Freedom elevated from PS.
Reply/Quote

I have this Horrible feeling that we wont see Atkins on the field this year.  Tre Wayne's and No Geno. This could have been a very good defense..
Reply/Quote
Will need the LBs to prove their worth tonight. If Pratt/Bynes can play decently and a guy like Wilson can make a few plays to help stop Chubb/Hunt I’ll be mighty impressed with the defensive overhaul.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 01:51 PM)Tony Wrote: You know Mike brown is the only constant with the Bungal stuff. That said. I really like the guy...

Geez, what's a guy gotta do to get on your bad side? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 03:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Will need the LBs to prove their worth tonight. If Pratt/Bynes can play decently and a guy like Wilson can make a few plays to help stop Chubb/Hunt I’ll be mighty impressed with the defensive overhaul.

They looked good last week. Need to step up again tonight with one of our stalwarts on the sideline again. Be glad when Geno is back in the rotation.
Reply/Quote