Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins makes 2010s all-decade roster
Glad to see Geno being recognized.

AJ is not a Hall of Famer. Love his play, his style, his class, but WR is a position with epic players and the numbers keep ballooning up in the pass happy league. Bengals hall of Fame, for sure, but never in the NFL Hall of Fame.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 04:43 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Lots of people are HOF caliber but are derailed by injuries or other things. Can't use stats, playoff wins, SB wins, or anything to go against your thought process though. Which is exactly my point on most Bengals fans and their thoughts on AJ to
this point in his career. Blinded my Fandom. 

You think HOF is based on potential?

Blinded by Fandom?
The article has him as the 2nd highest Snub behind Drew freaking Brees! HOFer.....And, this is without AJ playing the last year and a half!

Did you see what happened to the Bengals offense without their best player on it last year or were you blinded by something??

Do you remember 2 years ago, before he injured his toe at the end of the TB game, through 9 games, he was leading the league or Top 3 to 5 in every category? He at least won 3 of the games for them with his MVP type play. And, did you see what happened after he left for good?
He had 46 catches, for 700 yds and 6 TDs with 7 games to go.

Teams have had to double cover AJ ever since he was a rookie. He's been the thorn in Harbaugh's side for years and he's admitted they haven't been able to ever stop AJ....Until the last 3 games against them when he's been injured.

I would bet that if you asked Harbaugh if he should be a HOF candidate, he'd say yes, of course. He's ripped apart their team for years.

So, if he makes it through next year healthy, with over 70 catches, 1,000 yds and 10 TD's, and having to be double covered most of the time, how will you feel about him then?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 04:48 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: Sproles and Hill give so much more in the other areas though. Hester was pretty bad in all areas not returning. And they gave close numbers with a lot more in others. 

Hester was listed as All-Decade Kickoff returner.  They just wanted to spread the love instead of having Hester taking two spots (PR and KR).

Hester was so crazy good I wondered why teams kept kicking to him.  In JUST HIS FIRST TWO SEASONS he had ELEVEN TDs by KR and PR.  That is insane.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 05:45 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Blinded by Fandom?
The article has him as the 2nd highest Snub behind Drew freaking Brees! HOFer.....And, this is without AJ playing the last year and a half!

Did you see what happened to the Bengals offense without their best player on it last year or were you blinded by something??

Do you remember 2 years ago, before he injured his toe at the end of the TB game, through 9 games, he was leading the league or Top 3 to 5 in every category? He at least won 3 of the games for them with his MVP type play. And, did you see what happened after he left for good?
He had 46 catches, for 700 yds and 6 TDs with 7 games to go.

Teams have had to double cover AJ ever since he was a rookie. He's been the thorn in Harbaugh's side for years and he's admitted they haven't been able to ever stop AJ....Until the last 3 games against them when he's been injured.

I would bet that if you asked Harbaugh if he should be a HOF candidate, he'd say yes, of course. He's ripped apart their team for years.

So, if he makes it through next year healthy, with over 70 catches, 1,000 yds and 10 TD's, and having to be double covered most of the time, how will you feel about him then?

You mean the 2016 season where I literally said on the first page of this very thread that if not hurt he probably leads the league and it completely changes his narrative? In regards to the rest of your post - almost all great number 1 WR get doubled. Calvin, Brown, Julio, Hopkins, Thomas, Hill...they're all doubled. 

(04-06-2020, 05:22 PM)McC Wrote: I don't argue any of that.  Just stop using it as an argument against whether or not he is a HOF talent, which is what you did and stop the bullshit that he is overrated by Bengal fans.  Makes you sound like A)a Steeler fan or B) a trolling dick.

Where have I said he's not a HOF talent? He's a great player who has put of good stats but isn't close to the HOF yet. The HOF doesn't care about what could of been. They care about what numbers you actually put up and then how you did in the post season. AJ has done nothing in the post season and against his peers he has put up good numbers but never top numbers. People here literally act like he's a lock. He's very much on the outside looking in and has ALOT of work to do to make it. If that makes me a hater whatever but you're slow if you think he's in or close to in with his production at this point in his career. 

8 years into their career Chad Johnson has had the better career (for their era) and hasn't even sniffed the Hall.
Reply/Quote
I honestly thought geno would be left off the list. Easily deserves to be on it. 2nd best DT of the decade. And probably the 3rd best d linemen behind watt and donald?

I believe Whit should've been delected over Staley. Otherwise I'm mostly fine with the list. I'm a huge sproles fan and glad he made it. He is what I hoped gio wouldve been.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 05:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hester was listed as All-Decade Kickoff returner.  They just wanted to spread the love instead of having Hester taking two spots (PR and KR).

Hester was so crazy good I wondered why teams kept kicking to him.  In JUST HIS FIRST TWO SEASONS he had ELEVEN TDs by KR and PR.  That is insane.

Not disagreeing at all. His return numbers were absurd but I can see why they'd go with someone else for the flex. 
Reply/Quote
Great job Geno :andy:
Reply/Quote
Sure hope AJ stays healthy we re-sign him to an extended deal and he tears up the league with Burrow throwing
to him and we win like 3 Superbowls. That would get him in no problem.
Reply/Quote
NFL made a video of the best play for every player on the list. Atkins plays start at 7:09. Not the play I was thinking of. I wouldve chose the play where he drove the steelers guard into Roethlisberger's lap then threw him to the side and got the sack

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O-kACmaroUE&feature=youtu.be

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 06:08 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: You mean the 2016 season where I literally said on the first page of this very thread that if not hurt he probably leads the league and it completely changes his narrative? In regards to the rest of your post - almost all great number 1 WR get doubled. Calvin, Brown, Julio, Hopkins, Thomas, Hill...they're all doubled. 

Where have I said he's not a HOF talent? He's a great player who has put of good stats but isn't close to the HOF yet. The HOF doesn't care about what could of been. They care about what numbers you actually put up and then how you did in the post season. AJ has done nothing in the post season and against his peers he has put up good numbers but never top numbers. People here literally act like he's a lock. He's very much on the outside looking in and has ALOT of work to do to make it. If that makes me a hater whatever but you're slow if you think he's in or close to in with his production at this point in his career. 

8 years into their career Chad Johnson has had the better career (for their era) and hasn't even sniffed the Hall.

Hard to do much when your QB was as bad as Dalton in our playoff games. Pretty sure Andy completed more passes to the Houston Texans than he did the Cincinnati Bengals.

AJ should have had the game winning TD against Pittsburgh, but we all know how that worked out...

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 06:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hard to do much when your QB was as bad as Dalton in our playoff games. Pretty sure Andy completed more passes to the Houston Texans than he did the Cincinnati Bengals.

AJ should have had the game winning TD against Pittsburgh, but we all know how that worked out...

Yep. Should of won our first Playoff game against our hated rivals in forever cause of AJ's TD late.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 06:31 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: NFL made a video of the best play for every player on the list. Atkins plays start at 7:09. Not the play I was thinking of. I wouldve chose the play where he drove the steelers guard into Roethlisberger's lap then threw him to the side and got the sack

I can’t find the one I’m thinking of where he threw the Dolphins guard into Tannehill for the sack. Used to have it as my sig. lol

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 06:08 PM)TheSweetness Wrote: You mean the 2016 season where I literally said on the first page of this very thread that if not hurt he probably leads the league and it completely changes his narrative? In regards to the rest of your post - almost all great number 1 WR get doubled. Calvin, Brown, Julio, Hopkins, Thomas, Hill...they're all doubled. 

No they don't.   Maybe a very small minority.  Very small.  Stop fabricating.  But you won't.  It may not be today, but you will again talk about Bengal fans overrating him.  You won't bother to include the fact that you're talking about maybe one percent of Bengal fans.  You'll just group us all together because shitting on a Bengal matters more to you than accuracy.

I never ever have said he's a HOFer.  Not once.  Not ever.  I don't think I've ever said he has HOF level talent, but I think it's fair to say he does.

Just so you understand, talent is physical and mental ability.  Anyone who's ever seen him play has seen that.   I can't waste another second of my time with you on this.  Have a nice day and stay safe.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can’t find the one I’m thinking of where he threw the Dolphins guard into Tannehill for the sack. Used to have it as my sig. lol

Love how Geno throws Guards into the QB, frickin' awesome man! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 06:31 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: NFL made a video of the best play for every player on the list. Atkins plays start at 7:09. Not the play I was thinking of. I wouldve chose the play where he drove the steelers guard into Roethlisberger's lap then threw him to the side and got the sack

They put 2 back to back plays of sacks together that game him a hat trick
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love how Geno throws Guards into the QB, frickin' awesome man! Hilarious

It absolutely is.  These are 300-350 lb behemoths being put on roller skates.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:20 PM)McC Wrote: It absolutely is.  These are 300-350 lb behemoths being put on roller skates.  

Dudes a beast, hope he can get back to it with Reader eating up double teams.
Reply/Quote
Man we need another draft like Dunlap/Geno...

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: No they don't.   Maybe a very small minority.  Very small.  Stop fabricating.  But you won't.  It may not be today, but you will again talk about Bengal fans overrating him.  You won't bother to include the fact that you're talking about maybe one percent of Bengal fans.  You'll just group us all together because shitting on a Bengal matters more to you than accuracy.

I never ever have said he's a HOFer.  Not once.  Not ever.  I don't think I've ever said he has HOF level talent, but I think it's fair to say he does.

Just so you understand, talent is physical and mental ability.  Anyone who's ever seen him play has seen that.   I can't waste another second of my time with you on this.  Have a nice day and stay safe.

Show me where what I said was wrong. Exactly. All you keep talking is about how I'm a troll or Bengal hater because you literally have nothing to defend yourself when you decided to come at me with pointed posts that ignored the posts I was responding to. You talk about context yet ignore it. Come at me for bringing in HOF talk which I didn't. And talk about HOF talent which I didn't bring up either. You don't respond to a single person but me even though I'm responding to other people's posts. 

If you have something against me cool dude, thats on you. But don't keep making shit up with your holier than thou attitude when you're ignoring all the crap around you. Sorry I said your favorite player can be overrated by Benglas fans...which other people agreed with. 
Reply/Quote

Sweetness, The Bengals fans are not delusional or blind fandom over AJ Green.
He should've made the All Decade team for God's sake and would've if not for his toe injury Week 9 in 2018!!! He was having another great year as you even proclaimed too.
Even sitting out last year, he would've made it.
So, AJ went to 7 STRAIGHT PRO BOWLS and you're calling we fans Blind over fandom?!?

Quick Bio: (Please read the part in BOLD where is says "The ONLY WR")
"His Streak of seven consecutive Pro Bowl nominations to begin career ended in 2018, as he was not selected, but AJ still stands as the only NFL WR since the 1970 merger to start his career with seven consecutive Pro Bowl nominations ...
Seven Pro Bowl selections are third in team history behind DT Geno Atkins (eight) and HOF OT Anthony Munoz (11) ...
Has (33) 100-yard receiving games, most in Bengals history, and his (10) career games with at least 150 yards and one TD are the most among active players entering 2019.
Enters 2020 ranked second in team history in career receptions (602) and receiving yards (8907), and tied for second in receiving TDs (63);
Chad Johnson, who played 10 Bengals seasons, is first in all three categories — 751 catches, 10,783 yards and 66 receiving TDs "
Chad never went to 5 straight playoffs or went to 7 straight Pro Bowls.
In 3 years, AJ will easily surpass Chad in all 3 categories. TDs fall this year of course. 2 years for the catches, and 3 years for the yardage.
My forecast for AJ will be that he makes it to 12K yards minimum, with or without him staying a Bengal.
If they aren't good enough to make the playoffs in the next few years, I'd hope they trade him to a team who can make the SB and he can win one to Lock him into the HOF.
Reply/Quote