Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atkins should be in the HOF When he's Done Playing
Ok. I'll do a positive thread. Atkins is without a question our best player.

He consistently grades out as Elite. Even this year, he's the only player on the roster that is considered to be having an Elite year.

He wreaks havoc from the DT spot and has to be double-teamed and still racks up a bunch of sacks.

He may be our most under-appreciated superstar.

I think he should be in the HOF and if he isn't it's due to playing in Cincy and not having media coverage like he would in Dallas or New York.
Reply/Quote
He and Bernard are pretty much the only players I'd buy jerseys of.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 09:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He and Bernard are pretty much the only players I'd buy jerseys of.

Green is probably my favorite player so I'd buy his.

I like Dalton too...while he's not the best QB in the league...he's pretty good and he seems like a good family guy and Christian.
Reply/Quote
He's obviously a hofer. Hope he can sustain this level of play another 4 years so him and randle can be the only dt with 100 sacks.
Reply/Quote
I feel a bit bad for him...

They keep throwing Peko/Sims/Hunt/Clark/Still/Thompson/Johnson/Billings/Glasgow-type players around him. He's only really had Dunlap to help him.

Then he has to play twice a year against a team who's OL doesn't ever get holding called against them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's up to 59.0 career sacks, which ranks 121st all-time...but you won't find many DT's ahead of him.

He'll make his 6th Pro-Bowl this year and possibly his 3rd All-Pro team. His credentials are getting close, but he needs a few more seasons to rack up his stats and accolades.

Especially seeing how he's a Bengal and will have no memorable playoff moments or SB's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 10:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's up to 59.0 career sacks, which ranks 121st all-time...but you won't find many DT's ahead of him.

He'll make his 6th Pro-Bowl this year and possibly his 3rd All-Pro team. His credentials are getting close, but he needs a few more seasons to rack up his stats and accolades.

Especially seeing how he's a Bengal and will have no memorable playoff moments or SB's.

I honestly think a big part of it is what he does after next season. IF he goes to a team like the Patriots in free agency...his chances of the HOF are better.

Kinda how Justin Smith was good here then went to the 49ers and played about the same and was considered DPOY-caliber.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 10:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I honestly think a big part of it is what he does after next season. IF he goes to a team like the Patriots in free agency...his chances of the HOF are better.

Kinda how Justin Smith was good here then went to the 49ers and played about the same and was considered DPOY-caliber.

Yep. Dillon would probably be in the HOF had he left sooner.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
First ballot hall of famer. If he continues at this pace he will be one of the best pash rush DT in the history of the league.
Reply/Quote
Geno should most definitely make the Hall of Fame. However, we've all seen that for a Bengals player to have a legitimate shot at the HoF, they have to be the best at their position (Munoz). While Geno is very near the top of the list of DTs, being a Bengal will most certainly hurt his chances. People can try to argue that point, but Ken Riley is a perfect example. He retired after the 1983 season and is still 5th in NFL history with 65 interceptions. How he's never made the Hall of Fame is being ridiculous.

If Geno can reach 100 career sacks, I think that would make him a slam dunk. Being a Bengal is going to play against him though, through no fault of his own.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ green and Whit should be HoFers too.

3 HoFers. 0 playoff wins
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 11:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: AJ green and Whit should be HoFers too.

3 HoFers. 0 playoff wins

Green is a tough one. He's a great WR...but there are usually 4-5 great WR's playing in the NFL at any time.

Atkins is a great player at a position where being a great player is hard.

Whitworth is great too. What works against him is it took him years to make a Pro Bowl because he played here.

On the Steelers, Atkins, Green, and Whitworth probably all make the HOF.
Reply/Quote
Atkins should be in HOF with a few more productive seasons but probably won't because he plays in Cincinnati. One of my favorite all-time Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ok. I'll do a positive thread. Atkins is without a question our best player.

He consistently grades out as Elite. Even this year, he's the only player on the roster that is considered to be having an Elite year.

He wreaks havoc from the DT spot and has to be double-teamed and still racks up a bunch of sacks.

I think he should be in the HOF and if he isn't it's due to playing in Cincy and not having media coverage like he would in Dallas or New York.

And the numbers back this up no question.

He will probably be snubbed though being a Bengal unless we win a SB here in a couple years.

Lets do it for Geno! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 08:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ok. I'll do a positive thread. Atkins is without a question our best player.

Yes, but how many teams have had multiple playoff wins since our last one? THAT's the question!

:tongue: Ninja  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And the numbers back this up no question.

He will probably be snubbed though being a Bengal unless we win a SB here in a couple years.

Lets do it for Geno! ThumbsUp

See I think if we don't franchise tag him that he leaves for the Falcons or some team like that after next season.

Why won't we franchise tag him? Last year the tag value was over $15 million for a DT.
Reply/Quote
He should get in, but probably won't. Neither will Green. If Kenny Anderson didn't get in, Ken Riley didn't get in, Willie Anderson didn't get in..... what makes you think Geno will....
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 02:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: See I think if we don't franchise tag him that he leaves for the Falcons or some team like that after next season.

Why won't we franchise tag him? Last year the tag value was over $15 million for a DT.

That is too damn depressing, pay the man!
Reply/Quote
What will hurt Geno and AJ in getting in is 0 playoff wins on their record, unless they go to other teams and can shine in the postseason for a couple games or two helping that team win.

I also disagree that Geno 'is without question' the best player on the team.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 12:50 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Atkins should be in HOF with a few more productive seasons but probably won't because he plays in Cincinnati. One of my favorite all-time Bengals.

Another of the many benefits of being a Bengal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote