Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atl Helmet to Helmet Penalty
Can anyone explain to me why the ATL player(I think it was Poole) wasn't ejected for that hit? That was easily worse than what Shawn Williams was ejected for back in week 1.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:56 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Can anyone explain to me why the ATL player(I think it was Poole) wasn't ejected for that hit? That was easily worse than what Shawn Williams was ejected for back in week 1.

Nah, it didn't look worse even in slo mo replay.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Nah, it didn't look worse even in slo mo replay.

By worse I meant textbook lowering the helmet and hitting the other player square in the helmet. The Shawn Williams play was a borderline penalty at the worst and not ejectable. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:10 PM)cinci4life Wrote: By worse I meant textbook lowering the helmet and hitting the other player square in the helmet. The Shawn Williams play was a borderline penalty at the worst and not ejectable. 

We'll have to agree to disagree. Not only wasn't it borderline, it was stupid, unnecessary and definitely an ejectable offense.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We'll have to agree to disagree. Not only wasn't it borderline, it was stupid, unnecessary and definitely an ejectable offense.

You left out on a sliding QB
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:10 PM)cinci4life Wrote: By worse I meant textbook lowering the helmet and hitting the other player square in the helmet. The Shawn Williams play was a borderline penalty at the worst and not ejectable. 

That was not boarderline at all. That was so freaking obvious it was stupid. Any denying that is being purposely ignorant.

As for the Atlanta hit. That’s wasnt on a qb sliding and giving himself up. It was on a defenseless receiver and arguably much hard to aviod the helmet to helmet contact. I’m not saying he couldn’t have altered his angle but at that speed and not having assurance as to what direction the receiver would move it was tougher. The right call was made I think.

Williams could have easily pulled up. He choose not to he got ejected and deserved it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: You left out on a sliding QB

Yep, that's the unnecessary part. 

Well, that could go under stupid as well.  Wink

Reply/Quote
I thought Poole's hit on Walton was ejectable. And Williams' hit on Luck was too. Not arguing about whih was worse from penalty POV, but Poole's was more violent.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:18 PM)motoarch Wrote: That was not boarderline at all.  That was so freaking obvious it was stupid.  Any denying that is being purposely ignorant.

As for the Atlanta hit.  That’s wasnt on a qb sliding and giving himself up.  It was on a defenseless receiver and arguably much hard to aviod the helmet to helmet contact.  I’m not saying he couldn’t have altered his angle but at that speed and not having assurance as to what direction the receiver would move it was tougher.  The right call was made I think.

Williams could have easily pulled up.  He choose not to he got ejected and deserved it.

Except he clearly lowered his helmet to make the hit and made no attempt to avoid the hit. That's really my point as to why he should have been ejected.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:24 PM)Shady Wrote: I thought Poole's hit on Walton was ejectable. And Williams' hit on Luck was too. Not arguing about whih was worse from penalty POV, but Poole's was more violent.

Only  difference between the two was one was on a QB. Agree both should have been ejections. 

Browns getting hosed by the refs today.
Reply/Quote
I jumped out of my chair on that one. 100% should be ejected.
Reply/Quote
That guy should have gotten way more helmet to helmet penalties than he did... but shawn Williams shoulda been ejected.. not similar situations
Reply/Quote
He should have been ejected and he continued to lead with his helmet on basically every tackle he made the rest of the day.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:34 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Except he clearly lowered his helmet to make the hit and made no attempt to avoid the hit. That's really my point as to why he should have been ejected.

You may be correct. I don’t fully know the rule. Agian one was on a qb giving himself up and the other was on a defenseless receiver. If it’s not ejectable on defenseless receiver than that’s the rule. Accept it and move on but there is no debate that what Williams did was flat out stupid, avoidable and an ejectable offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He should have been ejected and he continued to lead with his helmet on basically every tackle he made the rest of the day.

Yes even Arians pointed out his um "tackling" techniques.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:45 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He should have been ejected and he continued to lead with his helmet on basically every tackle he made the rest of the day.

Poole? Yeah. Refs today were bad. Can't say they were biased against us per se, but they were bad. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
It could have been Kazee. I remember Arians saying something about #27... ??
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Someone in their secondary was head hunting all day including to Boyd st the end.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
In slow mo.. you could see him aim with his helmet towards the helmet.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:01 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: In slow mo.. you could see him aim with his helmet towards the helmet.

Apparently there are still some guys in the NFL haven’t figured out why Shazier is now a cheerleader.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote