Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atlanta Center cut
I know a lot of us feel our center and backup center position needs to be upgraded.

The Falcons cut their 5 year starting center Joe Hawley. He is coming off major knee surgery and still has some knee soreness.

I don't know him well, but if healthy, he could be a good answer to push Bodine.

Thoughts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nope, he's really bad.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:15 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nope, he's really bad.

Was he the worst ranked center in 2010 to 2014 by PFF?

Would he be worse than T.J. Johnson?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a lot of us feel our center and backup center position needs to be upgraded.

The Falcons cut their 5 year starting center Joe Hawley. He is coming off major knee surgery and still has some knee soreness.

I don't know him well, but if healthy, he could be a good answer to push Bodine.

Thoughts?

atlanta has had a horrible ol for years pass on anything they cast off
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: atlanta has had a horrible ol for years pass on anything they cast off

Have to agree with this.

Reply/Quote
Dude he's bad.Replacing bad with bad isnt good. Do some research
Reply/Quote
He's also a really dirty player.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:11 PM)JADefense Wrote: He's also a really dirty player.

So are the Steelers are a better fit?

It appears the concensus thus far is this guy is not better than TJ Johnson and that would make him scary bad.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: atlanta has had a horrible ol for years pass on anything they cast off

With Xeno here. We just have to hope Bodine improves i guess or TJ Johnson becomes the man.

Too bad PA wanted Bodine so bad, shows his eye for talent now don't it?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So are the Steelers are a better fit?

It appears the census thus far is this guy is not better than TJ Johnson and that would make him scary bad.

Whether or not he is the opportunity cost isn't worth exchanging one shitty backup for another.

Hell, T.J. Johnson shouldn't even be taking over for Russell if he goes down.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Xeno here. We just have to hope Bodine improves i guess or TJ Johnson becomes the man.

Too bad PA wanted Bodine so bad, shows his eye for talent now don't it?

I have not given up on Bodine, he is a very young OL being asked to do a lot so hopefully with experience and more time to develop strength and technique, he will get better.

But, I have major concerns if Bodine goes down to injury. Bodine may be one of the worst starting centers in the NFL last year, but TJ appears to me to be far worse and thus the concern.

Reply/Quote

I agree.  Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a lot of us feel our center and backup center position needs to be upgraded.

Thoughts?

Tiger Realistically, game 1 is less than a week away. If Bodine is going to be "pushed" it won't be until Training Camp 2016...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 08:58 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Realistically, game 1 is less than a week away. If Bodine is going to be "pushed" it won't be until Training Camp 2016...

Oh, Bodine should feel pushed..  Pushed forward as Hill runs into his ass, trying to get him moving forward.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have not given up on Bodine, he is a very young OL being asked to do a lot so hopefully with experience and more time to develop strength and technique, he will get better.

But, I have major concerns if Bodine goes down to injury. Bodine may be one of the worst starting centers in the NFL last year, but TJ appears to me to be far worse and thus the concern.

He's really not asked to do that much. In fact, they have really gone out of their way to LIMIT what he has to do. 
Reply/Quote
They have yet to play a single snap this year and people are already trying to judge Bodine's play.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:45 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: They have yet to play a single snap this year and people are already trying to judge Bodine's play.

Does 2014 and the pre-season not count? 
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should pick him up so the Steelers don't.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Does 2014 and the pre-season not count? 

It's Pong. Nothing counts unless you're saying the Bengals are a lock to win the Super Bowl and Andy/Marvin are teh bestest evar! It really says something about a person's character when the mods publicly say they're just waiting for him to slip up and do something against the rules so they can ban him. Pretty amusing.

(09-09-2015, 01:15 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Maybe we should pick him up so the Steelers don't.

Why? We should WANT the Steelers to pick him up. He's likely a lot worse at this point than Cody Wallace and Dan Legursky in their scheme. Geno, Gilberry, Sims, and the others would have career days on the inside if they got to go up against Hawley twice this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have not given up on Bodine, he is a very young OL being asked to do a lot so hopefully with experience and more time to develop strength and technique, he will get better.

Yeah, i agree. I have just heard from certain posters who know a lot more about O-line play than
myself that Bodine is one of those Centers with not much upside, hope they are wrong about him
and he becomes a very good Center in the future.

Hopefully sooner rather than later. Like you said, we don't have much behind him.

I have been pushing for a Center early in the Draft for years. When we got Bodine i was happy
until i watched him play lol. The dude can bench press but his play on the field leaves a lot to be
desired.
Reply/Quote