Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attacks in Germany
(07-23-2016, 02:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of all the ignorant reasons I've heard on this Forum as to why we should not restrict immigration; this is far and away the most ignorant. "We already have folks here that kill folks, why should we try to stop others from coming in?" 

Unfortunately it is a sentiment that is prevalent among the innocent and ignorant.  

I'll respond to this ignorant post even though I know you won't:

We ARE trying to stop people who want to kill from coming in even WHILE allowing immigration.

Your black or white view on it is simply wrong.

The fact that there are crazy people already here isn't a reason to let more crazy people in...it is noting that it happens and we do are best to stop it and always have.  Just because it is not 100% effective doesn't mean you stop everything.

Unless you are one willing to close off the rest of the world out of fear.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Why are we talking about immigration and radical Islam in a thread about a German born shooter who was inspired by a European nationalist mass shooter?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-23-2016, 01:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Why are we talking about immigration and radical Islam in a thread about a German born shooter who was inspired by a European nationalist mass shooter?

Because there was a suspicion that this shooter could have been both; as for now it looks like immigration has been ruled out and radicalization is looking less likely. As to my approach; I've continued to caution against considering this attack in either category, I just stopped short of asking folks why they are mentioning it. As the reasoning was quite clear to me.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-23-2016, 01:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just stopped short of asking folks why they are mentioning it. 

Good policy. Take 3 days to let the authorities do their job and reveal information before jumping to conclusions. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-23-2016, 07:41 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: As an aside, now that I have been on Twitter I have seen that the attacker was being treated for depression and the police have found no political motivations. He was of Iranian decent but was a local teenager.

Can't be. The motivation had to be religion. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(07-23-2016, 08:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll respond to this ignorant post even though I know you won't:

Why would he respond to his own post?  That'd make him kind of a douche.
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-24-2016, 05:19 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Why would he respond to his own post?  That'd make him kind of a douche.

No, Larry knew what I meant.

He "won't respond" to me anymore because I point out his hypocrisy.  So lots of passive aggressive posts from him when someone else responds.  Its kind of cute.  Smirk
https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-dead-10-injured-blast-near-nuremberg-germany-001700976.html?ref=gs

Quote:An explosion killed at least one person and injured 10 others near the German city of Nuremberg on Sunday in what authorities said was believed to be an intentional blast.

It was the fourth violent incident in Germany in a week and came as the country was still on edge after the killing of nine people by an 18-year-old Iranian-German gunman in Munich on Friday.

The blast in the town Ansbach prompted the evacuation of more than 2,000 people from a nearby music festival, authorities said.

"We assume it was a deliberate explosion," a Bavarian Interior Ministry spokesman said.

He said no arrests had been made in connection with the explosion but Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann was en route to the site.

The mayor of Ansbach told reporters the blast was caused by an explosive device, according to the Nordbayern.de news website.

(07-24-2016, 01:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Can't be. The motivation had to be religion. Mellow

Or they hate our freedom.  Mellow
Really weird that this one hasn't been shared yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/23/asia/afghanistan-explosion/

Quote:ISIS is claiming responsibility for a joint suicide bombing Saturday that killed dozens of people during a peaceful demonstration by a minority group in Kabul, Afghanistan.

"I saw tens of people laying down in blood around me and hundreds of people running away from the scene," said Fatima Faizi, an Afghan freelance journalist.

So far, 80 bodies and more than 260 wounded people were taken to hospitals in Kabul, according to Ismail Kawoosi, a spokesman for the Afghan Health Ministry.

Sayed Hamed, 30, attended the protest but left before the explosions. He was about two kilometers (1.2 miles) away.

"As I was watching (from my hotel) and some (people) were running toward the scene and some were crying coming from the scene," he wrote in an email to CNN. "It was a very sad situation, and everyone was trying to find their relatives or friends."

The attack, the worst in months in terms of casualties, drew attention to ISIS instead of the Taliban, which had been blamed for recent bombings.
It appears the latest attack was a Syrian Asylum seeker as was the person that killed a woman earlier in the day with a machete.

http://whnt.com/2016/07/25/suicide-bomb-rocks-ansbach-germany-in-third-violent-attack-in-bavaria-in-days/

The guy that committed the suicide bombing had tried it twice before; however, he had not been deported, because that's how they roll.

(07-25-2016, 10:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears the latest attack was a Syrian Asylum seeker as was the person that killed a woman earlier in the day with a machete.

http://whnt.com/2016/07/25/suicide-bomb-rocks-ansbach-germany-in-third-violent-attack-in-bavaria-in-days/

The guy that committed the suicide bombing had tried it twice before; however, he had not been deported, because that's how they roll.

He attempted suicide before, not violence to others. He was also scheduled for deportation to Bulgaria (IIRC) because it is how they roll that they won't force refugees to return to a war zone, even if they are denied asylum.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-25-2016, 08:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He attempted suicide before, not violence to others. He was also scheduled for deportation to Bulgaria (IIRC) because it is how they roll that they won't force refugees to return to a war zone, even if they are denied asylum.

So they send them to other EU countries if they don't want them instead of back where they came from? Heck they roll larger than I thought. Little wonder Brittan bowed out. 

But for real; is that how they roll? You are not fit for our country so we are going to send you to Bulgaria? That has to be a jike, right? 

(07-25-2016, 08:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He attempted suicide before, not violence to others. He was also scheduled for deportation to Bulgaria (IIRC) because it is how they roll that they won't force refugees to return to a war zone, even if they are denied asylum.

But he narrative Matt!!  What about the narrative....

(07-25-2016, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So they send them to other EU countries if they don't want them instead of back where they came from? Heck they roll larger than I thought. Little wonder Brittan bowed out. 

But for real; is that how they roll? You are not fit for our country so we are going to send you to Bulgaria? That has to be a jike, right? 

Never mind....
(07-25-2016, 08:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So they send them to other EU countries if they don't want them instead of back where they came from? Heck they roll larger than I thought. Little wonder Brittan bowed out. 

He had already been granted asylum by Bulgaria but sought it in Germany. When Germany discovered that, they denied his asylum with them and set him to be deported to Bulgaria.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-25-2016, 09:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He had already been granted asylum by Bulgaria but sought it in Germany. When Germany discovered that, they denied his asylum with them and set him to be deported to Bulgaria.

As I said: there had to be more that just they are sending him to Bulgaria. Seems you have the inside scoop of this. Will serve you well in your desire to relocate to Germany. 

(07-25-2016, 09:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said: there had to be more that just they are sending him to Bulgaria. Seems you have the inside scoop of this. Will serve you well in your desire to relocate to Germany. 

As you said? I didn't see you say anything of the sort. But no inside scoop, that actually came from the Washington Post.

(07-25-2016, 09:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: As you said? I didn't see you say anything of the sort. But no inside scoop, that actually came from the Washington Post.
Look closer; I'll have to check out the WP

Quote:bfine32
Quote:So they send them to other EU countries if they don't want them instead of back where they came from? Heck they roll larger than I thought. Little wonder Brittan bowed out. 

(07-25-2016, 09:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Look closer; I'll have to check out the WP

Well, it is how they roll. The laws are that even if they are denied asylum they cannot be deported to a war zone. So they have to find somewhere else for them. How that process works, I don't know.