Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attendance drops
(07-14-2019, 03:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree with the price gouging, cold weather, aggressive drunk fans, parking/traffic, etc.

But there is no replacement for watching football live.

The controlled chaos that takes place amidst the violent sounds of helmets and pads crashing, cannot be felt through TV.

The sound of MLB barking out the defense and the QB the offense - the beauty of the play setup, can't be felt at home.

Lastly, you feel the confidence and momentum shifts when you see it live.

This is true. The playoff atmosphere before the 2005 game was electric, until Palmer went down. It was like the air was let out quickly.

Lately though, the excitement is not there due to the losing, fans have no faith in team to up their game and we lost home field advantage as a result.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 03:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: I agree with the price gouging, cold weather, aggressive drunk fans, parking/traffic, etc.

What? I havent been to a game in years. You means there were more than me?

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 03:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Fans now pay for 2 preseason game and 8 regular season. I would hope they would reduce preseason games to 2. I think a season ticket holder would much rather pay same price (that is the key) for 9 regular season games and 1 preseason games versus current 8 and 2.

I agree also teams like the Bengals in down years need to look at it all, affordable parking, less expensive concession prices and creating an at home feel in the stadium.

Preseason should be 1/3rd or 1/2 price. Ticket prices need to come down about 30% and concessions need to come down about 50%. Parking is ridiculous. I'm parking, not renting the whole lot? Souvenirs, I understand it's a money maker, but damn, make 300% off what you paid and be done, no need to charge 900% over value. Oh, and we need better cheerleaders. There are strip clubs in Cincinnati with far better dancers and better looking. Throw a pole on the 50yd line and let them go. LOL

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 04:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What? I havent been to a game in years. You means there were more than me?

I know.

Imagine that!

Its terrible when you are on the sidelines and they are throwing stuff. Ice is the worst because it shatters whatever it hits and you get a nice chunk hit your face - it cuts.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 07:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't think viewership is up, based on things I have read. The NFL lost a lot of fans when NFL botched the flag controversy. 

Colin Kaepernick is the only guy you really hear mentioned with the flag controversy and he's been out of the NFL for over 2 years.  In fact, there is enough evidence that NFL owners have banded together to keep him out of the league that he won a significant settlement for it.  

So from where I see it, the NFL actually did make a point to get him out of the NFL...so what is the problem?  Saying the Bengals have a half empty stadium in 2018 due to the actions of a guy who played thousands of miles away and 2+ years ago is just self-serving, at best. 

What do people want? The NFL to go back in time and throw him out of the NFL the second he took a knee? The guy is gone and there is pretty compelling evidence he's still fit to play in the NFL*. The NFL tacetly kicked the guy out of the league, you got what you want...so why are you still so glum?

* when guys like Jeff Driskel and Nathan Peterman are making starts in the NFL it's not too crazy to think Kaepernick could be on a team, don't kid yourselves
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 05:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Colin Kaepernick is the only guy you really hear mentioned with the flag controversy and he's been out of the NFL for over 2 years.  In fact, there is enough evidence that NFL owners have banded together to keep him out of the league that he won a significant settlement for it.  

So from where I see it, the NFL actually did make a point to get him out of the NFL...so what is the problem?  Saying the Bengals have a half empty stadium in 2018 due to the actions of a guy who played thousands of miles away and 2+ years ago is just self-serving, at best. 

What do people want? The NFL to go back in time and throw him out of the NFL the second he took a knee? The guy is gone and there is pretty compelling evidence he's still fit to play in the NFL*. The NFL tacetly kicked the guy out of the league, you got what you want...so why are you still so glum?

* when guys like Jeff Driskel and Nathan Peterman are making starts in the NFL it's not too crazy to think Kaepernick could be on a team, don't kid yourselves

He lost his man card. Adios amigos.

Reply/Quote

But there is no replacement for watching football live.

The controlled chaos that takes place amidst the violent sounds of helmets and pads crashing, cannot be felt through TV.

The sound of MLB barking out the defense and the QB the offense - the beauty of the play setup, can't be felt at home.

Lastly, you feel the confidence and momentum shifts when you see it live.

I've seen live and on TV. I can feel all of that just as much through the TV. I use the volume button. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 07:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't think viewership is up, based on things I have read. The NFL lost a lot of fans when NFL botched the flag controversy. 

No.  The NFL did nto lose any fans to the flag controversy.  People who claimed they would stop watching NFL were never big NFL fans to begin with.

The numbers show that ALL live sports have had drops in attendance and TV ratings drop due to on line viewing.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 08:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  The NFL did nto lose any fans to the flag controversy.  People who claimed they would stop watching NFL were never big NFL fans to begin with.

The numbers show that ALL live sports have had drops in attendance and TV ratings drop due to on line viewing.

You agree fans were lost, but state NO fans lost due to flag controversy. Sounds like your opinion and not a proven fact. 

In fact, my cousin stopped watching the NFL due to the flag controversy and weak initial response by the NFL. So, your opinion is wrong (at least one fan left). It seems you want your statemen to be true, but in fact it is not true.

How many were lost, I don't know but I do know the NFL added a viewership option with the goal of adding more viewers. Did they boost fans overall? We know fans going to games is down in the NFL overall, I would suspect (no facts) due to the great at home TV options and better HD options more so than politics. But, hard to quantify as people like me now watch a lve broadcasted game on TV and stream other games at same time so 1 person watching multiple games versus just all new fans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote