Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Attention non-Bengal fans
Surprise, this isn't a smack post, but an invitation.

Most of you that are non-Bengal fans pretty much limit your posting to the Smack and P&R forums. Many of you are quite charismatic and knowledgeable, and offer good personality to the boards.

While it is customary that we ask you to not post in Jungle Noise, as that is reserved for Bengal fans, we do have many other forums that are welcome to your input. Forums such as The NFL Draft, Mock Drafts, Around the NFL, AFCN News, Klotsch, as well as a host of others. Personally, I would be quite interested in reading and responding to mocks by fans of teams other than the Bengals. It gets kind of stale with the same people all the time, these other forums would benefit from your input.

Thanks,
Sunset
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I agree with Sunset. To be quite honest, this forum is the best hub for AFCN discussion and I value you all. Screw your respective teams still, though.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Surprise, this isn't a smack post, but an invitation.

Most of you that are non-Bengal fans pretty much limit your posting to the Smack and P&R forums. Many of you are quite charismatic and knowledgeable, and offer good personality to the boards.

While it is customary that we ask you to not post in Jungle Noise, as that is reserved for Bengal fans, we do have many other forums that are welcome to your input. Forums such as The NFL Draft, Mock Drafts, Around the NFL, AFCN News, Klotsch, as well as a host of others. Personally, I would be quite interested in reading and responding to mocks by fans of teams other than the Bengals. It gets kind of stale with the same people all the time, these other forums would benefit from your input.

Thanks,
Sunset

(02-01-2018, 07:17 PM)treee Wrote: I agree with Sunset. To be quite honest, this forum is the best hub for AFCN discussion and I value you all. Screw your respective teams still, though.

Bunch of Pelosi’s. Build a wall! Cool

Reply/Quote
Are Bengals fans that awful that you need us intelligent posters in those subforums?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 08:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Are Bengals fans that awful that you need us intelligent posters in those subforums?

It's not that any of the regulars are that "awful", just some new brains in the room makes the conversations a bit more interesting.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
There goes the neighborhood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Surprise, this isn't a smack post, but an invitation.

Thanks,
Sunset

I prefer to do my mocking in the Smack Forum, thank you.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 10:09 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I prefer to do my mocking in the Smack Forum, thank you.

What's wrong, tough guy?  Even the power bands produced rock ballads.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Most of you that are non-Bengal fans pretty much limit your posting to the Smack and P&R forums.  Many of you are quite charismatic and knowledgeable, and offer good personality to the boards.

While it is customary that we ask you to not post in Jungle Noise, as that is reserved for Bengal fans, we do have many other forums that are welcome to your input.  Forums such as The NFL Draft, Mock Drafts, Around the NFL, AFCN News, Klotsch, as well as a host of others.  Personally, I would be quite interested in reading and responding to mocks by fans of teams other than the Bengals.  It gets kind of stale with the same people all the time, these other forums would benefit from your input.

Thanks,
Sunset

Mock is the one part I seldom if ever read because I really don't watch college football.  I have very little idea and really don't care that much about the NFL draft either.  lol.

The other forums are generally very interesting!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 10:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's wrong, tough guy?  Even the power bands produced rock ballads.

[Image: 4da731c0d65088b7a05a1b24d80f321815d7cda1...c6f3ac.jpg]
Reply/Quote
As soon as someone gets drafted by the steAlers, I wish them nothing but suffering, pain and misery.  Sometimes I'll wish upon them syphilis, gonorrhea, and leprosy.  Its nothing personal, just business.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
As long as it's not Pat, Dino, SCS, or JSSteeler.....we're good.  No need to trash up anymore forums on here. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: As long as it's not Pat, Dino, SCS, or JSSteeler.....we're good.  No need to trash up anymore forums on here. Mellow

[Image: i-unfriend-you.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 12:17 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: [Image: i-unfriend-you.jpg]

[Image: qGhiEIe.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: As long as it's not Pat, Dino, SCS, or JSSteeler.....we're good.  No need to trash up anymore forums on here. Mellow

Hey!  I resemble that remark!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:47 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: As soon as someone gets drafted by the steAlers, I wish them nothing but suffering, pain and misery.  Sometimes I'll wish upon them syphilis, gonorrhea, and leprosy.  Its nothing personal, just business.

A spinal injury doesn’t hurt either. Well, not us anyway.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:47 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: As soon as someone gets drafted by the steAlers, I wish them nothing but suffering, pain and misery.  Sometimes I'll wish upon them syphilis, gonorrhea, and leprosy.  Its nothing personal, just business.

You'd think that the guy whose college team modeled their unis after the Steelers' would be a bit more gracious...
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 09:37 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You'd think that the guy whose college team modeled their units after the Steelers' would be a bit more gracious...

Re writing history again aren’t ya?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 10:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:

What's wrong, tough guy?  Even the power bands produced rock ballads.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 10:43 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Re writing history again aren’t ya?

How so?   
Everyone knows about Fry's admiration of the Steelers (and the pink visitors lockerroom).

A quick mouse click on U of Iowa football history came up with this:

Iowa's home jersey is black with white numerals, with gold and white stripes on the sleeves. The away jersey is white with black numerals, and gold stripes on the sleeves. Players' names are located above the numerals on the back of the jersey. Gold pants with a black stripe are worn with both the home and away jersey. Iowa's helmets are black with a black facemask. They also have a gold stripe and the gold Iowa Hawkeye logo included on both sides of the helmet.

In 1979, Hayden Fry helped to create the Tiger Hawk, the logo seen on Iowa's football helmets.[15] Since both teams shared the colors of black and yellow gold, Fry sought and gained permission from the Pittsburgh Steelers, the dominant National Football League (NFL) team of the 1970s, to overhaul Iowa’s uniforms in the Steelers’ image. Fry's idea was that if the team were going to act like winners, they first needed to dress like winners. Fry had originally asked Steelers defensive tackle "Mean" Joe Greene for a replica helmet and home jersey; Greene was able to send Fry to one of the team owners, and three days later, the owners sent Fry reproduction copies of the home and away uniform of Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw, making Iowa one of only a few schools to use the uniform scheme of an NFL team; others include the Blue Devils of Duke University whose football uniforms resemble those of the Indianapolis Colts. Although the uniforms appear substantially the same, there are subtle differences, mainly in the font of the numerals, the scheme of the white away jerseys, and the width of the jersey stripe.

You're not going to, like, jump off a bridge or anything, are you?  It's OK ...really.
Reply/Quote