Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Attention non-Bengal fans
(02-03-2018, 01:18 PM)Tama Wrote: How so?   
Everyone knows about Fry's admiration of the Steelers (and the pink visitors lockerroom).

A quick mouse click on U of Iowa football history came up with this:

Iowa's home jersey is black with white numerals, with gold and white stripes on the sleeves. The away jersey is white with black numerals, and gold stripes on the sleeves. Players' names are located above the numerals on the back of the jersey. Gold pants with a black stripe are worn with both the home and away jersey. Iowa's helmets are black with a black facemask. They also have a gold stripe and the gold Iowa Hawkeye logo included on both sides of the helmet.

In 1979, Hayden Fry helped to create the Tiger Hawk, the logo seen on Iowa's football helmets.[15] Since both teams shared the colors of black and yellow gold, Fry sought and gained permission from the Pittsburgh Steelers, the dominant National Football League (NFL) team of the 1970s, to overhaul Iowa’s uniforms in the Steelers’ image. Fry's idea was that if the team were going to act like winners, they first needed to dress like winners. Fry had originally asked Steelers defensive tackle "Mean" Joe Greene for a replica helmet and home jersey; Greene was able to send Fry to one of the team owners, and three days later, the owners sent Fry reproduction copies of the home and away uniform of Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw, making Iowa one of only a few schools to use the uniform scheme of an NFL team; others include the Blue Devils of Duke University whose football uniforms resemble those of the Indianapolis Colts. Although the uniforms appear substantially the same, there are subtle differences, mainly in the font of the numerals, the scheme of the white away jerseys, and the width of the jersey stripe.

You're not going to, like, jump off a bridge or anything, are you?  It's OK ...really.

Yeah, this is all 'fake news' in his book. He prefers the 'alternative facts'.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 01:41 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, this is all 'fake news' in his book.  He prefers the 'alternative facts'.

I guess anyone can choose not to believe Iowa's own account of the story (which is what I posted) if they want to. I never really knew (or cared) about the connection either, until I just looked it up.

However, a quick side by side comparison of the Steelers' and Iowa uniforms in the late 70's, and then again in the early eighties makes this indisputable. 
Reply/Quote
Everyone knows about Fry's admiration of the Steelers (and the pink visitors lockerroom).

Iowa's home jersey is black with white numerals, with gold and white stripes on the sleeves. The away jersey is white with black numerals, and gold stripes on the sleeves. Players' names are located above the numerals on the back of the jersey. Gold pants with a black stripe are worn with both the home and away jersey. Iowa's helmets are black with a black facemask. They also have a gold stripe and the gold Iowa Hawkeye logo included on both sides of the helmet.

In 1979, Hayden Fry helped to create the Tiger Hawk, the logo seen on Iowa's football helmets.[15] Since both teams shared the colors of black and yellow gold, Fry sought and gained permission from the Pittsburgh Steelers, the dominant National Football League (NFL) team of the 1970s, to overhaul Iowa’s uniforms in the Steelers’ image. Fry's idea was that if the team were going to act like winners, they first needed to dress like winners. Fry had originally asked Steelers defensive tackle "Mean" Joe Greene for a replica helmet and home jersey; Greene was able to send Fry to one of the team owners, and three days later, the owners sent Fry reproduction copies of the home and away uniform of Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw, making Iowa one of only a few schools to use the uniform scheme of an NFL team; others include the Blue Devils of Duke University whose football uniforms resemble those of the Indianapolis Colts. Although the uniforms appear substantially the same, there are subtle differences, mainly in the font of the numerals, the scheme of the white away jerseys, and the width of the jersey stripe.

You're not going to, like, jump off a bridge or anything, are you?  It's OK ...really.

Pig latin.

Everyone knows the steAlers stole their black look from the Hawkeyes. Before then the SteAlers had that ugly bumblebee look. Your distorting fact from reality. Typical. Just typical.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2018, 03:46 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Pig latin.  

Everyone knows the steAlers stole their black look from the Hawkeyes.  Before then the SteAlers had that ugly bumblebee look. Your distorting fact from reality.  Typical.  Just typical.

Dude, I know you can't be that stupid. They haven't regularly worn those striped uniforms since the leather helmet days. Before the current scheme, I believe they wore white pants and their jerseys had a gold yolk. 

But, OK. Show me one picture, just one, of any Steeler game back in the later 70's when they were wearing bumble bee uniforms. You can't and you know it. Any picture of the Steelers from around 76 and later would show them in the uniform scheme that Iowa copied. Iowa didn't change over to their wannabe uniforms until early- mid 80's.

If you can't show me one shred of proof to back up your claim, which you know you can't, we'll just take that as a public admission that you just can't accept reality and move on.

Seriously..it's Ok. Deny all you want if it helps you sleep at night.   

Reply/Quote

Makes sense because Steeler's fan base was built the same way. A loser Iowa team (Steeler's fan) tries to emulate a winner thinking it will make them a winner. But in the end, they are still a loser. Got it!  ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 01:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Makes sense because Steeler's fan base was built the same way. A loser Iowa team (Steeler's fan) tries to emulate a winner thinking it will make them a winner. But in the end, they are still a loser. Got it!  ThumbsUp

LMAO Ok , now that is freakin' hilarious...Being called a loser by a ....Bengal fan!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Iowa does not use urine yellow and call it gold ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
You guys are also welcome to get into the Bengals Board Fanduel contest if you would like?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 03:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You guys are also welcome to get into the Bengals Board Fanduel contest if you would like?

Last I checked, we still have one slot to fill for today's contest.  Somebody jump on that!  Just get with Harley for the link.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yes, there is still 1 spot available for today. Jump in if you wish. Only $2 to play. Also, will be doing a NCAA Fanduel contest in March.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 02:47 PM)Tama Wrote:     LMAO Ok , now that is freakin' hilarious...Being called a loser by a ....Bengal fan!!  Hilarious

TY for proving my point you Steeler's fan associate winning through your team.  ThumbsUp Your base has never lived or been to that shithole called Pittsburgh.  Wink

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 05:10 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: TY for proving my point you Steeler's fan associate winning through your team.  ThumbsUp Your base has never lived or been to that shithole called Pittsburgh.  Wink

You have no idea where I live or what team I'm a fan of. It doesn't take a Steeler fan to see the obvious. I don't associate winning through my team, just as you being a loser isn't necessarily associated with your being a Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Surprise, this isn't a smack post, but an invitation.

Most of you that are non-Bengal fans pretty much limit your posting to the Smack and P&R forums.  Many of you are quite charismatic and knowledgeable, and offer good personality to the boards.

While it is customary that we ask you to not post in Jungle Noise, as that is reserved for Bengal fans, we do have many other forums that are welcome to your input.  Forums such as The NFL Draft, Mock Drafts, Around the NFL, AFCN News, Klotsch, as well as a host of others.  Personally, I would be quite interested in reading and responding to mocks by fans of teams other than the Bengals.  It gets kind of stale with the same people all the time, these other forums would benefit from your input.

Thanks,
Sunset

Can we also vote for the awards in JN?  
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:13 AM)GMDino Wrote: Can we also vote for the awards in JN?  

I'm pretty sure you can......I think that's what Bengalholic said in the opening lines of that thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2nd-Annual-Bengals-Board-Awards?pid=509369#pid509369

Quote:Although this in Jungle Noise, non-Bengals fans are permitted to participate in this thread.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:35 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm pretty sure you can......I think that's what Bengalholic said in the opening lines of that thread.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-2nd-Annual-Bengals-Board-Awards?pid=509369#pid509369

Ah!  Missed that somehow.  Thanks!
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: Ah!  Missed that somehow.  Thanks!

I gave you my vote for this forum.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Surprise, this isn't a smack post, but an invitation.

Most of you that are non-Bengal fans pretty much limit your posting to the Smack and P&R forums.  Many of you are quite charismatic and knowledgeable, and offer good personality to the boards.

While it is customary that we ask you to not post in Jungle Noise, as that is reserved for Bengal fans, we do have many other forums that are welcome to your input.  Forums such as The NFL Draft, Mock Drafts, Around the NFL, AFCN News, Klotsch, as well as a host of others.  Personally, I would be quite interested in reading and responding to mocks by fans of teams other than the Bengals.  It gets kind of stale with the same people all the time, these other forums would benefit from your input.

Thanks,
Sunset

I don't post in other sub forums because one time on the old board I posted on a post made on the smack talk section but ended up getting transferred to Jungle Noise. Joe sent me a warning that I would get my account suspended next time. So just to be sure I don't try to leave this forum. Which section or sections are off limits for us?
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:16 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I don't post in other sub forums because one time on the old board I posted on a post made on the smack talk section but ended up getting transferred to Jungle Noise. Joe sent me a warning that I would get my account suspended next time. So just to be sure I don't try to leave this forum. Which section or sections are off limits for us?

Only Jungle Noise.

And, non-Bengal fans are completely allowed and encouraged to vote in the annual Bengal board awards.  (even though it is posted in Jungle Noise)  (this is per the big boss)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:16 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I don't post in other sub forums because one time on the old board I posted on a post made on the smack talk section but ended up getting transferred to Jungle Noise. Joe sent me a warning that I would get my account suspended next time. So just to be sure I don't try to leave this forum. Which section or sections are off limits for us?

But you had the last laugh on Joe, didn't you. Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 10:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Only Jungle Noise.

And, non-Bengal fans are completely allowed and encouraged to vote in the annual Bengal board awards.  (even though it is posted in Jungle Noise)  (this is per the big boss)

Oh great thanks. I want to vote on the Bengal Board Awards this year.
(02-06-2018, 10:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But you had the last laugh on Joe, didn't you. Ninja

Yes I did. You threaten me and you disappear.  Ninja
Reply/Quote