Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aubrey Pleasant, Interview requested for DC Job.
(02-07-2019, 04:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he is a man of many hats....

I think he should be our PR guy....

Sending pepto to all the other teams before we play them lol

I miss that stuff. It was highly entertaining...and he almost always backed it up. That's important. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:34 AM)Okeana Wrote: You know this just means we're drafting a CB in the first.

The way the NFL is these days, they should give it some serious consideration regardless. Multiply that x100 if they lose Dennard (and he's not exactly elite).
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 04:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss that stuff. It was highly entertaining...and he almost always backed it up. That's important. 

Well, not after the Pepto-Bismol mailing.

But I'd love to do a mailing this year...    as long as we back it up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 12:49 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Looks like we are also looking to interview Marquand Manuel, Mike Elko, Todd Grantham and Aaron Glenn. I have always liked Grantham. If we could get Grantham I would be very happy.

These names were put out there by NFL network Tom Pelissero.

Awesome, i like Elko and Grantham a lot. There still are a lot of names out there contrary to what others have been saying.

(02-07-2019, 01:19 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I'm liking some of these names. Pleasant has the fire and energy our defense has lacked since Zimmer left. I remember reading an article this fall titled something like "Is Rams coach Pleasant always that fired up? YES!" I also like the change Florida showed with Grantham this year. Very aggressive on defense. And Elko had the 2nd ranked rushing defense in the nation last year. We could use a lot of help there

Good to know that about Pleasant. I want a coach that gets fired up.

Sure would be nice to have a coach like Elko turn our run Defense around. Tired of teams running on us.

If they beat us through the air so be it, but i just hate it when teams can run on us at will.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 03:45 PM)3wt Wrote: Well, not after the Pepto-Bismol mailing.

But I'd love to do a mailing this year...    as long as we back it up

You're right, the Pepto one didn't work out so well...but he always seemed to strategically plan those little stunts. With the Pepto, we were off to a 1-3 start coming out of a BYE. When he made the guarantee, we were 4-5 and one game out of first place, playing a 9-0 team. He was trying to get guys pumped. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 10:55 AM)MentalRage Wrote: I went on the rams reddit and their fans aren't happy about it. Apparently they like Pleasant a lot.

Good deal, not that fans are always right. 

(02-07-2019, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s encouraging. We liked Joseph a lot too though when he was coaching our DB’s...

Still, better than if Rams fans were acting like it would be no big loss. Speaking of that, I wonder how they feel about losing Taylor?

Good question. I saw one Dolphin fan on PFT hating on the hire. Said Taylor and Turner were "nothing guys" in Miami and Taylor only got the job through nepotism (Mike Sherman). Of course, that's one random opinion on the internet, so take it fwiw.

(02-07-2019, 01:19 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I'm liking some of these names. Pleasant has the fire and energy our defense has lacked since Zimmer left. I remember reading an article this fall titled something like "Is Rams coach Pleasant always that fired up? YES!" 

This is music to my ears.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
Permission has been granted... Thank you again Rams....

As we continue to turn the Bengals into the Ramgalfins.....
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You're right, the Pepto one didn't work out so well...but he always seemed to strategically plan those little stunts. With the Pepto, we were off to a 1-3 start coming out of a BYE. When he made the guarantee, we were 4-5 and one game out of first place, playing a 9-0 team. He was trying to get guys pumped. 

that was the big promise......   took the chiefs a few years to recover from that loss....
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that was the big promise......   took the chiefs a few years to recover from that loss....

Yeah it sure did. That's still my favorite Bengals game, too.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 05:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Permission has been granted... Thank you again Rams....

As we continue to turn the Bengals into the Ramgalfins.....

Or we an just be the striped Narwhals
Reply/Quote