Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aubrey Pleasant officially set to interview this week
Aubrey Pleasant, who has coached cornerbacks the last two seasons, is scheduled to interview this week for the defensive coordinator position with the Cincinnati Bengals.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-bengals-aubrey-pleasant-20190207-story.html

I would venture to say this is our new DC. I’ve seen where Rams fans don’t want him to leave
Reply/Quote
That would give us a very young and inexperienced staff, not a good thing in my opinion. A lesson that Taylor apparently didn’t learn from a McVay.

My baseline opinion of Taylor is dropping by the day. Hopefully that changes when the games start.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That would give us a very young and inexperienced staff, not a good thing in my opinion. A lesson that Taylor apparently didn’t learn from a McVay.

My baseline opinion of Taylor is dropping by the day. Hopefully that changes when the games start.

I agree this is looking more and more like a train wreck every day
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:38 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That would give us a very young and inexperienced staff, not a good thing in my opinion. A lesson that Taylor apparently didn’t learn from a McVay.

Why? How do we know what his choices are capable of until we actually see what they're capable of?

I mean, right now everything is just pure conjecture and personal preferences as far as reactions to these picks/names.

Maybe it will be a disaster or maybe it will be incredible. We have no way of knowing till we actually see the results on the field.
Reply/Quote
Outside of the Turner hire, there is zero reason to sour on Zac Taylor before he has coached a single down for the Bengals. We asked for the Bengals to clean house and allow Taylor to bring in his own guys. They did that. And now that he is in the process of making that happen people already want to ***** and moan that he isn't bringing in the right people. Honestly, I think it's refreshing that these are all newer coaches instead of the constant retreads that happen across the NFL every single year.

We wanted younger. We wanted different. We got our wish. Let's see what happens before we start a riot.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: I agree this is looking more and more like a train wreck every day

Sorry brother, but it sounds like you're suffering from premature overreactulation.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Man. Someone ought to be taking names on the drama queens causing gossip now before the season starts.

We won't know till we know. No one here knows anything yet about the staff being assembled.

I'm excited for Pleasant. Brings a lot of excitement and energy. We'll see what happens if he's brought in as the DC.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 06:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sorry brother, but it sounds like you're suffering from premature overreactulation.  Ninja

Everybody here is upset but every Rams fan I have seen is upset that we are taking the guy.

He was the replacement for when Wade Phillips retired from what they were saying. If that was the Rams plan he must be more than capable in their opinions.

Im excited, we are getting young promising coaches which is what everyone wanted for years right up until we got it, now its the end of the world we didnt get an old DC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 06:04 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Everybody here is upset but every Rams fan I have seen is upset that we are taking the guy.

He was the replacement for when Wade Phillips retired from what they were saying. If that was the Rams plan he must be more than capable in their opinions.

Im excited, we are getting young promising coaches which is what everyone wanted for years right up until we got it, now its the end of the world we didnt get an old DC.

We could win Super Bowl 54-60 and there would still be drama and moaning.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote

Did McVay hire Wade Phillips to tell him how to be a HC or did he hire him because he's one of the best DC's around?

Zac has worked for more than one HC.  Do you really think he hasn't been paying attention?

What's the big need for having a guy who didn't get it done as a HC around? Hey, show me how you did it and got fired so I know what not to do?

So, we're in a little, just until he does something I don't like?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 06:56 PM)McC Wrote: Did McVay hire Wade Phillips to tell him how to be a HC or did he hire him because he's one of the best DC's around?

Zac has worked for more than one HC.  Do you really think he hasn't been paying attention?

What's the big need for having a guy who didn't get it done as a HC around? Hey, show me how you did it and got fired so I know what not to do?

So, we're in a little, just until he does something I don't like?

Well McVay himself said one of the reasons he hired Phillips was so he would have somebody with experience as a HC to bounce ideas off of, so yes it appears Taylor was not paying attention. Who is he going to go to on the current staff if he needs advice? He’s going to have to go outside the organization for that, but that person won’t be able to offer first hand advice from what they’ve seen with their own eyes, unless it’s Marv, you want Taylor getting HC advice from Marv?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Why? How do we know what his choices are capable of until we actually see what they're capable of?

I mean, right now everything is just pure conjecture and personal preferences as far as reactions to these picks/names.

Maybe it will be a disaster or maybe it will be incredible. We have no way of knowing till we actually see the results on the field.

That’s why I said its my opinion (opinion means personal conjecture) and also the next line was hedging that bet with “when the games start”.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 06:56 PM)McC Wrote: What's the big need for having a guy who didn't get it done as a HC around?  Hey, show me how you did it and got fired so I know what not to do?

Yes, exactly.  

Amazing that you don't understand the concept of experience being valuable because people learn from their mistakes.

Makes more sense than thinking a 35 year old with no prior head coaching experience already knows everything and has nothing to learn from anyone with experience.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: I agree this is looking more and more like a train wreck every day

Not even close. A train wreck would be getting the same type of DC we have had before, maybe except 1. All the good DCs currently have a job with someone else. Del Rio nor Capers wanted the job, so we are going to have to get someone that is up and coming. I'd rather put it all in for this, than someone who just an ok but had experience DC.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 07:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well McVay himself said one of the reasons he hired Phillips was so he would have somebody with experience as a HC to bounce ideas off of, so yes it appears Taylor was not paying attention. Who is he going to go to on the current staff if he needs advice? He’s going to have to go outside the organization for that, but that person won’t be able to offer first hand advice from what they’ve seen with their own eyes, unless it’s Marv, you want Taylor getting HC advice from Marv?

I still think he will bring in Mike Sherman in some kind of advisory role. If not he's still married to the guys daughter so I'm sure he could bounce ideas off of the man.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 05:34 PM)Trademark Wrote: Aubrey Pleasant, who has coached cornerbacks the last two seasons, is scheduled to interview this week for the defensive coordinator position with the Cincinnati Bengals.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-bengals-aubrey-pleasant-20190207-story.html

I would venture to say this is our new DC. I’ve seen where Rams fans don’t want him to leave

I think Mike Sherman is going to be critical.

I think he'll get a lot of coaching advice from him, as he already stated in his opening interview.

I'm extremely excited to see the new Bengals next year.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 07:58 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I still think he will bring in Mike Sherman in some kind of advisory role. If not he's still married to the guys daughter so I'm sure he could bounce ideas off of the man.

And that would definitely move my baseline opinion in a positive direction.
Reply/Quote

I'll give it a chance. Honestly, I wasn't big on capers, jdr or other names floated. 

I know everyone seems big on ''young coach paired with old coach' but that doesn't necessarily translate into success. It's finding the right coach to pair with the right coach. That's how belichik has been successful. Not because his assistants are young or old, but because they buy into his philosophy top to bottom. 

I gave Marvin a decade before I couldn't hardly stand the guy. I'll give Thomas a few years at least 
Reply/Quote
I’ve got position for Aubrey Plaza.

Oh you said Aubrey Pleasant, never mind don’t care.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 07:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Well McVay himself said one of the reasons he hired Phillips was so he would have somebody with experience as a HC to bounce ideas off of, so yes it appears Taylor was not paying attention. Who is he going to go to on the current staff if he needs advice? He’s going to have to go outside the organization for that, but that person won’t be able to offer first hand advice from what they’ve seen with their own eyes, unless it’s Marv, you want Taylor getting HC advice from Marv?

All he has to do is call his father in law, if need be. 

I took over running a company from an old fart.  I knew I would do it my way and do it better.  The last thing I wanted was an old timer telling me how to do it the old way when I knew my way was better.  And it turned out to be miles better. 

And then when I turned it over to a younger guy, the first thing I did was get the hell out of his way.

I'm sorry, but I don't get the need to have a guy who failed at it being an advisor.  Or even a guy who was good at an earlier time when times have so clearly changed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote