Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auction Drafts
So I've never tried an auction draft. Always kinda wanted to though, so I'm (relatively) excited to give it a go this year. In the mocks I've tried out, I've found two strategies:

1) Go ham on 3-4 stud players and fill out the rest with $1 talent towards the end.

2) Choose 1-2 big time players, and then have a list of mid level talent to choose from towards the end, crossing them off as they go at fairly high prices early.

Any other strategies people use here/would suggest?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:17 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: So I've never tried an auction draft. Always kinda wanted to though, so I'm (relatively) excited to give it a go this year. In the mocks I've tried out, I've found two strategies:

1) Go ham on 3-4 stud players and fill out the rest with $1 talent towards the end.

2) Choose 1-2 big time players, and then have a list of mid level talent to choose from towards the end, crossing them off as they go at fairly high prices early.

I usually just have a ranked list of players that I want on my team.  Then work from there.  Better the superstar, the more money you'll need and have to be able to adjust on the fly.  Good luck, they're pretty fun but it will last FOREVER.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:17 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: So I've never tried an auction draft. Always kinda wanted to though, so I'm (relatively) excited to give it a go this year. In the mocks I've tried out, I've found two strategies:

I was trying to convince my league to do an auction draft, but lost out.  It just seems like such a more advanced and strategic way of fielding teams.  It isn't like these guys are newbies to fantasy football either.  
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:40 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I was trying to convince my league to do an auction draft, but lost out.  It just seems like such a more advanced and strategic way of fielding teams.  It isn't like these guys are newbies to fantasy football either.  

We do both (separate leagues but most of the same people).  I prefer the regular format, but auction is still fun.

I normally spend a good amount on 2 top talents then a decent amount on higher/mid range and then a couple dollars to fill out the roster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote