Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Defense Should I Get?
I'm trying to decide what defense I should pick for my fantasy team this year. I like the Bengals, but not sure they will be available. I'm also considering the Bills or Seahawks. What defense would you pick?
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 10:44 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm trying to decide what defense I should pick for my fantasy team this year. I like the Bengals, but not sure they will be available. I'm also considering the Bills or Seahawks. What defense would you pick?

Defense is one of the last things you should think about when drafting a fantasy team. Most of the time you can pick up a defense off of the waiver wire that's playing a bad offense. Seahawks, Bengals, Bills, Jets are all good defenses though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Like Brown said, defense should be one of the last things you think about, but I think it can be an important pick and can give you a solid contribution each week if you're smart about it.

Seahawks are always a top dog and usually the safest bet, but this year I think you'll strongly want to consider grabbing the Bengals defense, especially if you're not in leagues with Bengals fans who won't take them early and you can get them later than most defenses.

With Atkins returning to form, MJ being back, and our young corners looking good, I can see us as a top five defense, especially since we'll run the ball with Hill a lot and keep opposing offenses off the field.

I also think our special teams could be big with Jones playing less corner (hopefully), meaning that he'll be returning more punts, so more return TD possibilities, and Alford returning kickoffs (and some punts) looks promising.

I don't know if they'll just give up on Gio returning punts, but I liked that idea.

Right now, Bengals are ranked somewhere in the middle of the pack to upper-teens, but that could rise if they keep playing well in the preseason.
Reply/Quote
Vikings
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The defensive selection also includes STs.  That is one thing to consider, when selecting a defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 10:44 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm trying to decide what defense I should pick for my fantasy team this year. I like the Bengals, but not sure they will be available. I'm also considering the Bills or Seahawks. What defense would you pick?
Rams?... Anybody?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Whoever. Just stream them week to week. Pick the shittiest offense on the schedule each week, then take whoever plays the if they're available. Even a good defense can get housed by a good offense. Find the weak offenses and go for the matchup.
Reply/Quote