Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auden Tate
Now I realize we have heard this song and dance before. We will just have to see. Anytime you hear the name James Andrews the tones of doom play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He may not be "fine", but if they already did an MRI I doubt it is anything really serious.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:06 PM)pally Wrote: Now I realize we have heard this song and dance before.  We will just have to see.  Anytime you hear the name James Andrews the tones of doom play

Honestly, with the current WR situation, it wouldn't be the worst thing if we stuck him on IR so we can carry an extra WR into next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Figure he be okay and they just playing it safe.
Reply/Quote
Even if it is not a serious injury being out just a couple of weeks could be disastrous for a guy fighting for a roster spot
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if it is not a serious injury being out just a couple of weeks could be disastrous for a guy fighting for a roster spot

True, but at this point I think Tate is in...  Unless it turns out hes gonna miss significant time.

Not playing definitely hurt Driskel and a few others though
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: Honestly, with the current WR situation, it wouldn't be the worst thing if we stuck him on IR so we can carry an extra WR into next year.

We are deep, I would be fine with this if he isn't 100% come the opener.

Willis has to make this team and Malone of course. Morgan would be my last guy in taking Tate's spot in this situation.

Core out.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: True, but at this point I think Tate is in...  Unless it turns out hes gonna miss significant time.

I also figured he was in, but this could tip the scales against him.

But we can't cut a guy for getting injured. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are deep, I would be fine with this if he isn't 100% come the opener.

Willis has to make this team and Malone of course. Morgan would be my last guy in taking Tate's spot in this situation.

Core out.

morgan hasn't shown enough and missing last night definitely hurt him to start on the 53.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: morgan hasn't shown enough and missing last night definitely hurt him to start on the 53.

True, we can always put Morgan on the PS.

Core would make it in this case as the last guy, he is a decent ST'er.
Reply/Quote
No worries. Tate will be fine. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm I the oh one that thinks the Dude is a flex TE and not a WR? I get a strong Armon Binns feeling from the Guy.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 02:57 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I'm I the oh one that thinks the Dude is a flex TE and not a WR? I get a strong Armon Binns feeling from the Guy.

We got 4 good TE's    hes a WR... a Big WR.. but Big WRs are hard to tackle....
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We got 4 good TE's    hes a WR... a Big WR.. but Big WRs are hard to tackle....

He also Slow and those guys are easy to cover. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He also Slow and those guys are easy to cover. 

Not when their 6'5 or whatever he is lol...

Plus in most scenario's hes not gonning to be facing either of the top 2 DBs on the opposite team...   When AJ Boyd and the TE's are in the mix.

his size should help with blocking for the run game on the outside though
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not when their 6'5 or whatever he is lol...

Plus in most scenario's hes not gonning to be facing either of the top 2 DBs on the opposite team...   When AJ Boyd and the TE's are in the mix.

his size should help with blocking for the run game on the outside though
I agree his blocking should help but that's exactly why I think he is more TE then WR.
J24

Reply/Quote
Oh good. Tate was just dinged.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh good. Tate was just dinged.

Freakout

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oh good. Tate was just dinged.

Good news, want him to make the roster if he is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We got 4 good TE's    hes a WR... a Big WR.. but Big WRs are hard to tackle....

Tate only has 11 YAC on 8 catches in the preseason.  He also has the 2nd lowest YPC among WR's behind Erickson, and Erickson has frankly shown nothing as a WR this preseason.  

Kid is great at contested catches, but that's all he's got right now.  Given time, he can develop into a good WR if he improves his route running and can use that to get separation.  But he's not there yet.
Reply/Quote