Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate. At least one player isn't regressing in this season to forget
In a season that has just way too many players regressing (Vigil Brown Bates etc ) watching Auden Tate improve from last season
To this year has been enjoyable to view.
Yeah he has a drop or 2 this year. He's learning still. I can live with
Drops. But he is really progressing as a middle of the field WR and red zone target. The fact that he is drawing PIs is a testament  to him learning how to read DBs.
He has really bailed out AD on some nice catches this year .
I'd like see a few routes where can actually catch the ball in stride and get some YAC.
I think in a offense with upgrades around him he can be a
1,000 yd WR.
Reply/Quote
When Green & Ross comeback it will be interesting to see how they incorporate Tate in the lineup. To me when healthy we have the best skill position unit in the league.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:12 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: When Green & Ross comeback it will be interesting to see how they incorporate  Tate in the lineup. To me when healthy we have the best skill position unit in the league.

You can say that...but you'd be laughed at by most of the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You can say that...but you'd be laughed at by most of the league.

Whats laughable about it? Who's not taking Mixon, Green, Boyd, Ross, & Tate?
Offensive line is the problem not the skill positions.
J24

Reply/Quote
Nuts to Ross, if Tate is good I want to see him on the field with Boyd and AJ...Ross is getting in Tate's way like LaFell was getting in Ross' way. Play the best players, keep Ross on the sidelines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Whats laughable about it? Who's not taking Mixon, Green, Boyd, Ross, & Tate?
Offensive line is the problem not the skill positions.

Ross is woefully inconsistent and had what? 1 good game against Seattle. Plus, he's always hurt.

Mixon has been terrible this year. Blame the line or whatever. You are your production in the NFL. The line can't be this terrible blocking. Some of it has to be on the backs. Some on the scheme.

Tate? He's had 1 good game. He's looked lost in others.

Boyd is good...but you can take him out of games.

Green? He's hurt for like half of his games. He's 31.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:03 PM)impactplaya Wrote: In a season that has just way too many players regressing (Vigil Brown Bates etc ) watching Auden Tate improve from last season
To this year has been enjoyable to view.
Yeah he has a drop or 2 this year. He's learning still. I can live with
Drops. But he is really progressing as a middle of the field WR and red zone target. The fact that he is drawing PIs is a testament  to him learning how to read DBs.
He has really bailed out AD on some nice catches this year .
I'd like see a few routes where can actually catch the ball in stride and get some YAC.
I think in a offense with upgrades around him he can be a
1,000 yd WR.

We'll have to have a new QB for that to happen. 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:07 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nuts to Ross, if Tate is good I want to see him on the field with Boyd and AJ...Ross is getting in Tate's way like LaFell was getting in Ross' way.  Play the best players, keep Ross on the sidelines.

Why not replace Tate with Eifert?
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Why not replace Tate with Eifert?

Because Eifert is a TE and he's pretty much operating at 27% capacity this season?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because Eifert is a TE and he's pretty much operating at 27% capacity this season?

Rumor has it he has his own cart at PBS too. I'm glad it's stayed in the garage this far, but still...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Because Eifert is a TE and he's pretty much operating at 27% capacity this season?

He is more of WR now than TE now. Plus you do know that Tate and Eifert have the same length and Hight right?
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:39 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He is more of WR now than TE now. Plus you do know that Tate and Eifert have the same length and Hight right?

So you are saying we should bench Tate in favor of Eifert?  I'm not sure what we are even supposed to be pointlessly discussing here.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So you are saying we should bench Tate in favor of Eifert?  I'm not sure what we are even supposed to be pointlessly discussing here.

We have the best skill position players in the NFL too. Debate!

I'm sure other teams are just jealous that they aren't loaded like us!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have the best skill position players in the NFL too. Debate!

Life was a lot easier when we were able to just assume that we had an ultra-talented roster and Marvin Lewis was simply refusing to play the best players and/or screwing us every which way on the field.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Life was a lot easier when we were able to just assume that we had an ultra-talented roster and Marvin Lewis was simply refusing to play the best players and/or screwing us every which way on the field.  

Now it appears that Marvin covered for a lot of the franchise's ineptness and succeeded in spite of poor management. He just burned himself out.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So you are saying we should bench Tate in favor of Eifert?  I'm not sure what we are even supposed to be pointlessly discussing here.

Bench Eifert for Tate 
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We have the best skill position players in the NFL too. Debate!

Any offensive coordinator in the NFL would be salivating over are skill position talent I am not going to back down from that statement.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:12 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: When Green & Ross comeback it will be interesting to see how they incorporate Tate in the lineup. To me when healthy we have the best skill position unit in the league.

Just off the top of my head I’d say Cleveland and Minnesota are better.

Reply/Quote
I think we are lucky we still have him.....in typical Marvin fashion of don't play a rookie unless you are a 1st rd pick, Im surprised he didn't get "poached"

One of the very few bright spots this season, the kid looks like a different player this season!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just off the top of my head I’d say Cleveland and Minnesota are better.

But our aren't head cases or divas like those, minus the insecure John Ross

Thats ok though AJ will be traded and Ross won't be around much longer either
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote