Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate. At least one player isn't regressing in this season to forget
(10-14-2019, 08:36 AM)corpjet Wrote: I think we are lucky we still have him.....in typical Marvin fashion of don't play a rookie unless you are a 1st rd pick, Im surprised he didn't get "poached"

One of the very few bright spots this season, the kid looks like a different player this season!

Well, he didn't get to play much last season, so.....

Also, Pepperidge Farm 'members when some folks got a lot of grief for saying Tate could be a decent player in this league last season....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Whats laughable about it? Who's not taking Mixon, Green, Boyd, Ross, & Tate?
Offensive line is the problem not the skill positions.

LOL..Green can't stay healthy and only plays when he wants to during games. If he had the Julio Jones or AB "give me the ball" attitude then yes he can dominate. Ross can't stay healthy and still drops passes.....Tate CAN'T be mentioned after a couple nice games as some elite part of a WR rotation. A nice part? Yes but every team in the league has a Tate.....
Reply/Quote
I'm just glad to see Tate coming into his own, after his hot training camp, then regression last year. Dalton just needs to remember not to hit him between the numbers because he struggles with easy catches, but can pull in the hard ones.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:18 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LOL..Green can't stay healthy and only plays when he wants to during games. If he had the Julio Jones or AB "give me the ball" attitude then yes he can dominate. Ross can't stay healthy and still drops passes.....Tate CAN'T be mentioned after a couple nice games as some elite part of a WR rotation. A nice part? Yes but every team in the league has a Tate.....

Total bs. Effort has never been an issue with AJ.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 09:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: Well, he didn't get to play much last season, so.....

Also, Pepperidge Farm 'members when some folks got a lot of grief for saying Tate could be a decent player in this league last season....

I'd never give anyone flack for saying Tate could be a decent player, it was more the people who were going on about his size and hands of glue and declaring that we needed to cut or bench players XYZ and/or fire Coach XYZ so this gem of a gem of a gem of a WR could finally get on the field.
Reply/Quote
Ross and Tate have both shown (vast) improvement this season. Both are worth seeing more looks in 2020.
Erickson, I think, is definitely replaceable after this season, as both Wilson and Phillips (Hold on for one more day) have proven to be more dynamic in the return game.
Willis is the new Armon Binns. Hyped up entering the season and emerging as a starter but extremely underwhelming in the regular season thus far.
I think it would be wise to get 1-2 WRs in the draft next year, as 2020 looks to have a strong WR class and you can't count on Green and Ross staying healthy. Also on board with a proven vet WR in FA (upper-tier or mid-tier, doesn't matter).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 10:18 AM)higgy100 Wrote: LOL..Green can't stay healthy and only plays when he wants to during games. If he had the Julio Jones or AB "give me the ball" attitude then yes he can dominate. Ross can't stay healthy and still drops passes.....Tate CAN'T be mentioned after a couple nice games as some elite part of a WR rotation. A nice part? Yes but every team in the league has a Tate.....

Where is the downvote button? Or the "This Guy Posts Like a Fart" button? 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote

Every team has a Tate? Pretty sure that's not true.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 11:37 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd never give anyone flack for saying Tate could be a decent player, it was more the people who were going on about his size and hands of glue and declaring that we needed to cut or bench players XYZ and/or fire Coach XYZ so this gem of a gem of a gem of a WR could finally get on the field.

Who knows, had he gotten the opportunity last season, he may have played this well. Alas, Cody "Special Teamer Extraordinare" Core got the bulk of those snaps instead. *Sigh*

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 07:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just off the top of my head I’d say Cleveland and Minnesota are better.

I would were pretty close to those team when everyone is healthy.
Green, Boyd, = Thieln and Diggs = Beckham and Landry
Mixon= CooK= Chubb
Health and Offensive line are the problems with Skill positions not talent. Would be nice to see this team with a line better than complete crap.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 12:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Who knows, had he gotten the opportunity last season, he may have played this well. Alas, Cody "Special Teamer Extraordinare" Core got the bulk of those snaps instead. *Sigh*

It's nice to see Tate do stuff, but we also have a tendency to see a guy play a good game finally and then say "Holy moses...why hasn't this guy been playing!?"  We all thought Ross was on his way to the top of the NFL after the Seattle game and the whole thing crashed back to earth by week 2 (everyone other than Ross, too).
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's nice to see Tate do stuff, but we also have a tendency to see a guy play a good game finally and then say "Holy moses...why hasn't this guy been playing!?"  We all thought Ross was on his way to the top of the NFL after the Seattle game and the whole thing crashed back to earth by week 2 (everyone other than Ross, too).

Oh, I get it, but in this case, I had been watching this young man 3 years before he got to Cincinnati. As I've always maintained, he has a shot to be a poor man's Anquan Boldin (another FSU alum) if given the chance. That's not a bad thing. He wasn't given a chance last year, much like WJIII wasn't a couple of years ago in lieu of The Runnin' Reverand.

Reply/Quote
Tate is progressing. Willis isnt. Erickson is who I thought
He was. Like I said his route tree is expanding. That's not by accident. Put him in a offense like KCs. He would look that
Much better. He's never going to be a burner. But his radius and strong hands you can't coach .
Funny how their some wanting Core over him.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2019, 03:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate is progressing. Willis isnt. Erickson is who I thought
He was.  Like I said his route tree is expanding. That's not by accident. Put him in a offense like KCs. He would look that
Much better. He's never going to be a burner. But his radius and strong hands you can't coach .
Funny how their some wanting Core over him.

Nice to see us taking deep shots to Erickson in double coverage.
Reply/Quote
Wison returned one for a TD and there was no one catching up to him. Ross's value decreasing faster then hed want it to. Ross value now is yrading him or going with the less is more philosophy.
Reply/Quote
Tate had 5 catches on 12 targets. Some of the throws were WAY off target.

What I don't get is this: The Ravens supposedly put 8 guys in the box AND doubled Boyd. That's 10 guys. So 1 guy covered the other 3 Bengals?
Reply/Quote