Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate. At least one player isn't regressing in this season to forget
In a season that has just way too many players regressing (Vigil Brown Bates etc ) watching Auden Tate improve from last season
To this year has been enjoyable to view.
Yeah he has a drop or 2 this year. He's learning still. I can live with
Drops. But he is really progressing as a middle of the field WR and red zone target. The fact that he is drawing PIs is a testament to him learning how to read DBs.
He has really bailed out AD on some nice catches this year .
I'd like see a few routes where can actually catch the ball in stride and get some YAC.
I think in a offense with upgrades around him he can be a
1,000 yd WR.
Reply/Quote
Tate did look good out there today.
Reply/Quote
I love what I'm seeing from Tate. Not as thrilled to see the shapes he has to twist himself into just to reach Dalton's passes, but they are at least placed where no one else can get them! haha

Tate has outstanding hands and incredible body control.

He's like a slower AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:02 PM)impactplaya Wrote: In a season that has just way too many players regressing (Vigil Brown Bates etc ) watching Auden Tate improve from last season
To this year has been enjoyable to view.
Yeah he has a drop or 2 this year. He's learning still. I can live with
Drops. But he is really progressing as a middle of the field WR and red zone target. The fact that he is drawing PIs is a testament  to him learning how to read DBs.
He has really bailed out AD on some nice catches this year .
I'd like see a few routes where can actually catch the ball in stride and get some YAC.
I think in a offense with upgrades around him he can be a
1,000 yd WR.

Tate played well today and hopefully he can keep it going, but he's just not a YAC threat.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I love what I'm seeing from Tate. Not as thrilled to see the shapes he has to twist himself into just to reach Dalton's passes, but they are at least placed where no one else can get them! haha

That's how you're supposed to pass to a receiver group that can't get separation. Most people think that QBs throw to where the receiver is going when most of the time the QBs throw to an area where the defender can't get it and it's the receivers job to make the in-play adjustment(Jeff Blake's deep passes are a prime example of this). QBs that throw to where the receivers are going usually are "Bird Dogging" and defenses eat that shit up. QBs that throw to an area where the receivers need to make an adjustment is a combo of "Reading The Defense" and "Taking What The Defense Gives Him". Those QBs usually last longer in the NFL than the QBs that Bird Dog.

If your receivers can get open or separation on a regular basis, then you see more in stride passes.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 10:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tate played well today and hopefully he can keep it going, but he's just not a YAC threat.  

Honestly, he'd make a great TE if he could handle the blocking side. I know they scoffed at this.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 11:00 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: That's how you're supposed to pass to a receiver group that can't get separation. Most people think that QBs throw to where the receiver is going when most of the time the QBs throw to an area where the defender can't get it and it's the receivers job to make the in-play adjustment(Jeff Blake's deep passes are a prime example of this). QBs that throw to where the receivers are going usually are "Bird Dogging" and defenses eat that shit up. QBs that throw to an area where the receivers need to make an adjustment is a combo of "Reading The Defense" and "Taking What The Defense Gives Him". Those QBs usually last longer in the NFL than the QBs that Bird Dog.

If your receivers can get open or separation on a regular basis, then you see more in stride passes.

Or if your receivers are playing against the Bengals defense  Ninja
Reply/Quote