Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate - Breakout Year with Burrow?
(09-09-2020, 12:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So LBers being faster than ever equals Tate being the slowest WR ever? How many WR’s in the last few years have had slower times?

55 WR's ran the 40 at this year's Combine.  53 ran faster than Tate.  

The guy is slow. Even Simmons has said you can't use him in roles you would traditionally use a WR for on ST's because he's so slow.  A better argument is that he can be one of the exceptions to the rule and can be productive despite being painfully slow instead of trying to say he's not slow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 12:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I challenge you to go back to the season projections thread and find a single poster that predicted 1k yds for Tate.

AU165 has repeatedly said he is as good as Mike Williams who had 1000+ yards and led the league with a 20.4 avge per catch.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 01:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: 55 WR's ran the 40 at this year's Combine.  53 ran faster than Tate.  

The guy is slow. Even Simmons has said you can't use him in roles you would traditionally use a WR for on ST's because he's so slow.  A better argument is that he can be one of the exceptions to the rule and can be productive despite being painfully slow instead of trying to say he's not slow.

Well he’s been in the league two years so a more useful comparison would be from the last two drafts, but it’s Whatever... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 01:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Even Simmons has said you can't use him in roles you would traditionally use a WR for on ST's because he's so slow.  A better argument is that he can be one of the exceptions to the rule and can be productive despite being painfully slow instead of trying to say he's not slow.

And this brings me back to my original poitn.

I don't disagree with people who say he can a solid #4/#5 WR to use in certain roles.  I just disagree with the people saying he is as good as Mike Williams or Anquan Boldin, or "a poor mans Michael Thomas".
Reply/Quote
Had hoped that John Ross would have a monster year with Burrow, but his constant and persistent health woes throughout his career, make that doubtful. While it's not at all hard to foresee a scenario where Auden Tate could shock everyone outside of Cincinnati and post a breakout season.
Reply/Quote
Speed doesn't matter as much if you're 6-5 with long ass arms.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 01:25 PM)J24 Wrote: Speed doesn't matter as much if you're 6-5 with long ass arms.

Agree, Boldin and Housh weren't speedsters either.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 12:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He's just being stupid again. It's about how productive Tate can/is/could be, within his skillset. On his talents. But he has to constantly change things and make arguments that aren't already there. After a while you just go "**** it" and do something like this...

Tate isn't the best thing since sliced bread or sliced cheese. Tate IS what slices. WW

He would stop if we stopped buying into it.
Reply/Quote
Tate could be a 1000 yd reciever if he could amass 72 catches.
But the talent is pretty deep at WR here in.Cincy.
But I expect him to be a important part of the equation on red zone packages and 3rd down
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 12:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, Tate was one of the least productive WR's in the league with his number of Targets.  When that is pointed out, his supporters bring up target quality.  Even disregarding the fact that when you adjusr Tate's stats based on target quality it equates to 35 yards over the course of the season, when you don't get separation it makes tougher throws for the QB and consequentially a lower target quality.  

Target quality is one thing. How he's used is another. 

Actually, maybe i'll look tonight at all his targets and see exactly what kind of position/result there was for each target and get to the bottom of whether he's not that productive because of him or if it's because of other factors. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Auden Tate - Healthy Scratch

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 08:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Auden Tate - Healthy Scratch

Are they playing down a receiver, or did they call someone else up?

Either way, I guess we can assume that Mike Thomas is clearly valued more by the staff right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2020, 08:46 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Are they playing down a receiver, or did they call someone else up?

Either way, I guess we can assume that Mike Thomas is clearly valued more by the staff right now.

They have AJ, Ross, Boyd, Erickson, Higgins, Thomas. 

Erickson and Thomas play on special teams. Lashaun Sims is replacing Tate game day because they need another corner and he plays special teams. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Ross out, Tate in. Make it happen Taylor!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:00 AM)Hot Ganipganaps Wrote: Ross out, Tate in.  Make it happen Taylor!

I would rather see Thomas than either of them at this point.  
Reply/Quote