Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate Welcome to the Bengals
Big bodied WR from Fla. St. 6'5" #228 with respectable 4.6 speed. Originally projected to go in the middle rounds, Tate could be a possible late round gem for Red Zone packages.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Big bodied WR from Fla. St.  6'5" #228 with respectable 4.6 speed.  Originally projected to go in the middle rounds, Tate could be a possible late round gem for Red Zone packages.

I thought that's what Cody Core was for?

No wait, I thought that's what Josh Malone was for?
Reply/Quote
Tate's scouting report says big body, not the fastest but good hands and ball skills.
Reply/Quote
Are we going to have another WR named Tate who we will inexplicably never seem to get rid of?
Reply/Quote
I have seen him projected to go in rounds 2 to 4, so round 7 is a steal!

At 6'5, put him out wide inside the 10 and throw a jump ball to him or AJ!

As far as the 40 time, experts say he's that slow because he has bad running technique, but that can be coached and he already has great body control to make contested catches!

Hell of a pick!
Reply/Quote
Seems like a PS contender this year unless Erickson gets supplanted by one of these returners.
Reply/Quote
Ps guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have seen him projected to go in rounds 2 to 4, so round 7 is a steal!

At 6'5, put him out wide inside the 10 and throw a jump ball to him or AJ!

As far as the 40 time, experts say he's that slow because he has bad running technique, but that can be coached and he already has great body control to make contested catches!

Hell of a pick!

His draft profile on NFL.com had him projected in 4-5, so yes, a bit of a bargain find.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is from CBS:

Auden Tate, WR, Florida State
By CBS Sports Staff
Apr 16, 2018 •
Draft Prospect Outlook:

Amazing movement ability and suddenness for a 6-foot-5 wideout. Often made highlight-reel catches at Florida State. Production was limited mainly due to below-average quarterback play in 2017. Possesses all the components to be a No. 1 wideout on the outside.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
we need someone to groom behind AJ Green eventually.
you can't teach his god given size.
my thinking is he has a lot of ceiling to reach which is a good thing .
I hope he turns out better than the last FSU WRS drafted by the Bengals aka Dugans and Warrick.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: we need someone to groom behind AJ Green eventually.
you can't teach his god given size.
my thinking is he has a lot of ceiling to reach which is a good thing .
I hope he turns out better than the last FSU WRS drafted by the Bengals aka Dugans and Warrick.

Unfortunately, the one trait that can't be taught, speed, is one thing that he lacks.  Fortunately, he's good at catching through contact, and NFL rules will play into his favor.  Perhaps he could draw some DPI penalties.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:48 PM)Beaker Wrote: I thought that's what Cody Core was for?

No wait, I thought that's what Josh Malone was for?

We're still just trying to replace Armon Binns bro.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unfortunately, the one trait that can't be taught, speed, is one thing that he lacks.  Fortunately, he's good at catching through contact, and NFL rules will play into his favor.  Perhaps he could draw some DPI penalties.

Could we turn him into a TE?

Reply/Quote
Well, he does have the height to catch some of those high balls.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Could we turn him into a TE?

I don't think he blocks well.  He can make difficult catches from what I read.  He would be a good red-zone target.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Could we turn him into a TE?

Sure, why not?  I haven't read enough on him to know if he was a TE when he got to The U, and perhaps they just moved him to WR to get all the best players on the field, or what?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unfortunately, the one trait that can't be taught, speed, is one thing that he lacks.  Fortunately, he's good at catching through contact, and NFL rules will play into his favor.  Perhaps he could draw some DPI penalties.

Actually, it looks like he just needs better running techniques, so, in this instance, speed CAN be taught and we're getting a hell of a bargain!

I would have thought he had no chance if Urban was still "coaching," but I trust Bob Bicknell to help him polish-up his game!  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, why not?  I haven't read enough on him to know if he was a TE when he got to The U, and perhaps they just moved him to WR to get all the best players on the field, or what?

He seems to have an Eifert/Gronk type build. That's why I was thinking outside the box. If his blocking is bad he could be taught the mechanics.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He seems to have an Eifert/Gronk type build. That's why I was thinking outside the box. If his blocking is bad he could be taught the mechanics.

I don't know about that.  Either you're born with the urge to shove other people around, or you aren't.  People that do want to be physical can be taught all sorts of ways to get better at it.  The others, all advice just goes in one ear and out the other.  (see Cedric Ogbuehi)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He seems to have an Eifert/Gronk type build. That's why I was thinking outside the box. If his blocking is bad he could be taught the mechanics.
6'5" 225 lbs isn't quite a Gronk/Eifert type build.
Reply/Quote