Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate Welcome to the Bengals
(04-28-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unfortunately, the one trait that can't be taught, speed, is one thing that he lacks.  Fortunately, he's good at catching through contact, and NFL rules will play into his favor.  Perhaps he could draw some DPI penalties.
4.6 40 time at 6'5" isn't lacking speed.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:01 PM)John Shaft Wrote: 4.6 40 time at 6'5" isn't lacking speed.
It is when the next decimal past the 6 is an 8.  As in his 40 time is a 4.68, closer to 4.7 than 4.60.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Our best value of the draft. Wanted Ateman but this is a steal. Shame we already have Malone and Core.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 08:33 PM)Sweetness Wrote: We're still just trying to replace Armon Binns bro.

[Image: th?id=OIP.AK1-Wc1Let8HEscJTD4G_gHaFj&pid...=236&h=178]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well he's definitely the biggest wide receiver on the Bengals roster now. I agree that his main upside would be as a red-zone target and as a 7th-round pick, we didn't risk much in taking him... if he doesn't pan out, oh well. Good selection.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It is when the next decimal past the 6 is an 8.  As in his 40 time is a 4.68, closer to 4.7 than 4.60.

Chad Johnson had similar times in the 40.  Then attempted to out run a race horse...
Hilarious
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Chad Johnson had similar times in the 40.  Then attempted to out run a race horse...
Hilarious

Says here that his best time was 4.40.  But yeah, that Chad, anything for a laugh..

http://www.answers.com/Q/What_is_chad_johnson's_40_yard_dash_time

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Information 
(04-28-2018, 08:59 PM)John Shaft Wrote: 6'5" 225 lbs isn't quite a Gronk/Eifert type build.

We drafted two big receivers last year and sign a tall udfa I forget his name , come back this year draft tate and sign two other big udfa guys. 

And I probably will catch heat,but I wanted Malone to get in there last year but I wasn't that impressed,he don't even jump for balls,neither does Cody core. I'd like to see one of these new guys beat someone out and we don't need Erickson anymore for returns we got a speed demon. 

The only thing is ,even though I don't see what their talking about on youtube, they say tate has cement feet. Wimms from bama looks good too.
Reply/Quote
i.can see Tate.moving Erickson and Core off this roster

Green
Ross
LaFell
Malone
Tate
Whitfield. practice squad
Reply/Quote
These highlights show that he has good speed and body control. He can get position on DBs with his size. I'm loving him as a safety outlet and just a guy to move the chains while defenses worry about stopping AJ.

Here's a bunch of examples of him using his size in the red zone (some jump balls) like I keep saying and it has me thinking that no one will be able to cover him AND AJ in the red zone.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Big bodied WR from Fla. St.  6'5" #228 with respectable 4.6 speed.  Originally projected to go in the middle rounds, Tate could be a possible late round gem for Red Zone packages.

With our last pick in 7th round we get a WR from Florida State.  Yeah, I hear they play pretty good football at Florida State, one of those Southern Power Teams I hear.  Some Championships.  Seminoles.  Tallahassee.   Paul Brown liked drafting big receivers as big targets.  Trumpy, Colsett, Myers, Curtis, Collinsworth.  Paul Brown loved his quarterbacks having big targets that you can see over the O Line and D Line.  So it says this guy is 6'5" and uses his size and speed against defenders to get downfield and make big plays.  Seems to me Trumpy, Collinsworth, Eifert and Chris Henry.  Yes I do think I remember Collinsworth and Henry having a height and speed advantage, especially on deep bomb routes.   Now some have mentioned haven't Bengals been trying to draft a Henry type in others on team. Yes, but since nobody has stepped up to be Henry like yet, why not last pick of the draft.  Lets see, Collinsworth size and speed from Florida in Gainesville, The Gators.  Tate size and speed from Florida State in Tallahassee, The Seminoles.   I think these teams play each other a lot.  Sounds like a good last pick in draft for Bengals to me.  This gives Bengals 3 or 4 big guys on the bubble to step up and earn the Deep Bomb Randy Moss type spot on team.  That is a sweet play, THE BOMB down the sidelines to the only guy with size and speed to reach up and catch it. That play, even people that hardly know football love to see that play. Why not, a 50 yard throw for a TD is fun, as long as it isn't Steelers doing it to us. With the 3 yards and a cloud of dust, it's nice to have THE BOMB. You know who would like this Bengals pick, Al Davis who demanded his Raiders throw THE BOMB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 03:32 AM)kevin Wrote: With our last pick in 7th round we get a WR from Florida State.  Yeah, I hear they play pretty good football at Florida State, one of those Southern Power Teams I hear.  Some Championships.  Seminoles.  Tallahassee.   Paul Brown liked drafting big receivers as big targets.  Trumpy, Colsett, Myers, Curtis, Collinsworth.  Paul Brown loved his quarterbacks having big targets that you can see over the O Line and D Line.  So it says this guy is 6'5" and uses his size and speed against defenders to get downfield and make big plays.  Seems to me Trumpy, Collinsworth, Eifert and Chris Henry.  Yes I do think I remember Collinsworth and Henry having a height and speed advantage, especially on deep bomb routes.   Now some have mentioned haven't Bengals been trying to draft a Henry type in others on team. Yes, but since nobody has stepped up to be Henry like yet, why not last pick of the draft.  Lets see, Collinsworth size and speed from Florida in Gainesville, The Gators.  Tate size and speed from Florida State in Tallahassee, The Seminoles.   I think these teams play each other a lot.  Sounds like a good last pick in draft for Bengals to me.  This gives Bengals 3 or 4 big guys on the bubble to step up and earn the Deep Bomb Randy Moss type spot on team.  That is a sweet play, THE BOMB down the sidelines to the only guy with size and speed to reach up and catch it.  That play, even people that hardly know football love to see that play. Why not, a 50 yard throw for a TD is fun, as long as it isn't Steelers doing it to us.  With the 3 yards and a cloud of dust, it's nice to have THE BOMB.  You know who would like this Bengals pick, Al Davis who demanded his Raiders throw THE BOMB.
I have no idea what Chris Henry 40 time was ,or Chris collinsworth.i know Chris collinsworrh talks about long speed. Chris Henry didn't look all that speedy but he was great on bombs and he didn't jump.but he was always a step ahead.
Reply/Quote