Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate: Where to play him
(01-04-2020, 09:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Henry IMO was every bit as talented as AJ Green 
But back to Tate 
I think he should be used much like Eifert was used in 2015. 
Or maybe how the Ravens use Mark Andrews 

Really?  I mean, I'm not trying to bust on a dead guy, but his primary route was running a straight line..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 11:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  I mean, I'm not trying to bust on a dead guy, but his primary route was running a straight line..

Yeah your right Henry ran the go route. But look at the WRs in front of him on the depth chart.....2 of the all time greats in Bengals uniform....TJ and Chad 
Chris Henry's role on this team was stretch the defense so Chad and TJ could work underneath. 
But Henry toward the end was running more varied routes 
But IMO Henry was every bit as talented as Green In natural 
Ability 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 01:44 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Yeah your right Henry ran the go route. But look at the WRs in front of him on the depth chart.....2 of the all time greats in Bengals uniform....TJ and Chad 
Chris Henry's role on this team was stretch the defense so Chad and TJ could work underneath. 
But Henry toward the end was running more varied routes 
But IMO Henry was every bit as talented as Green In natural 
Ability 

Yes, Henry was a ROLE player.  A far cry from "being as talented as AJ Green", as the post I was responding to stated..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 02:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Henry was a ROLE player.  A far cry from "being as talented as AJ Green", as the post I was responding to stated..

We’ve had one WR as talented as AJ Green, and his name was Chad.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 02:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, Henry was a ROLE player.  A far cry from "being as talented as AJ Green", as the post I was responding to stated..

Henry had #1 WR skill sets. 
Just ask Deshea Townsend and Chris Hope 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 02:28 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We’ve had one WR as talented as AJ Green, and his name was Chad.

Isaac Curtis, perhaps?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 08:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Henry had another gear that Tate just does not have.

And I like Tate but Chris Henry was special in this aspect.

WhoDey2  I wasn't saying that Tate is another Chris Henry. That's what I meant by Poor man's Chris Henry. With proper ball placement and Tate's catch radius, anything within 25 yards should more or less be a sure thing... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 11:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  I mean, I'm not trying to bust on a dead guy, but his primary route was running a straight line..

People tend to remember Henry as being better than he was because he's gone. That's nice and all, but he was what he was, and he was nowhere near AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 04:07 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Henry had #1 WR skill sets. 
Just ask Deshea Townsend and Chris Hope 

lol just stop.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
id say WR is the best bet
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:55 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  I wasn't saying that Tate is another Chris Henry. That's what I meant by Poor man's Chris Henry. With proper ball placement and Tate's catch radius, anything within 25 yards should more or less be a sure thing... 

just how long do you think this guys arms are?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2020, 09:24 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Henry IMO was every bit as talented as AJ Green 
But back to Tate 
I think he should be used much like Eifert was used in 2015. 
Or maybe how the Ravens use Mark Andrews 

(01-04-2020, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: SimplisticQuarrelsomeDoe-size_restricted.gif]

Lol, yeah, I liked Chris tons but AJ Green is one of the most talented WR's of all time IMO.

He just hasn't been able to stay healthy. AJ runs great routes, much better than Chris ever did.

AJ is very special when healthy, has been in the past anyways. Henry was a very talented 3rd WR that could go deep 
with his size and speed unlike many on go routes. He was getting really good until his death, lot better running routes
but never to AJ's universe.
Reply/Quote
Tate is like Green he has earned himself a spot for alot of playing time. He'll be like our Chris Henry.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2020, 04:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just how long do you think this guys arms are?
WhoDey2 I see what you did there...that's humor, I get it..... Cool  

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 09:55 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  I wasn't saying that Tate is another Chris Henry. That's what I meant by Poor man's Chris Henry. With proper ball placement and Tate's catch radius, anything within 25 yards should more or less be a sure thing... 

I don't think they have used Auden right yet, so anything is possible. Big reason he didn't score more than 1 TD this season
is coaching and play calling. Should use Auden more in the Red Zone and in jump ball situations with his radius for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think they have used Auden right yet, so anything is possible. Big reason he didn't score more than 1 TD this season
is coaching and play calling. Should use Auden more in the Red Zone and in jump ball situations with his radius for sure.

WhoDey2  Agreed. With a big healthy dose of the slot... 

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 03:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't think they have used Auden right yet, so anything is possible. Big reason he didn't score more than 1 TD this season

well that and there werent many TDs to go around all season with us averaging around 14 points a game early on

But as long as he stays healthy i think his play time and oppertunites increase next year unless we have some inflex of WR talent that drop him down the Depth chart. (or if everyone returns AJ Boyd Ross And Tate/Erikson) cant have them all on the field at once. well at least not all the time.
Reply/Quote

I expect Tate to improve on his 2019 numbers. Especally when 
You consider the passing game was very inconsistant 
In terms of concepts and health. 
His YPC average tells me he made great strides in 2019.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2020, 06:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well that and there werent many TDs to go around all season with us averaging around 14 points a game early on

But as long as he stays healthy i think his play time and oppertunites increase next year unless we have some inflex of WR talent that drop him down the Depth chart.  (or if everyone returns  AJ Boyd Ross And Tate/Erikson)  cant have them all on the field at once. well at least not all the time.

Well I think if used correctly Tate would of helped in the points category and we should add a WR/TE in FA and the Draft
to give Burrow some more weapons. Just have to solidify this Line and extend Mixon to help him out along the way.

More competition is a good thing to have.

(01-07-2020, 06:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I expect Tate to improve on his 2019 numbers. Especally when 
You consider the passing game was very inconsistant 
In terms of concepts and health. 
His YPC average tells me he made great strides in 2019.

Hope these concepts are improved upon and hope we can finally have a somewhat healthy season under Taylor.

Think Marv would of had a similar season this year with the way the roster was set up and failed.

Who cares though, Marv is gone, lets just hope Taylor can figure this coaching stuff out. 

Needs to hand over the play calling duties to someone better though so he can grow as a HC.

Think Taylor took on too much and was over his head.
Reply/Quote
Put him at linebacker
Reply/Quote