Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling over money under new CBA
(01-25-2020, 01:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: I was just "admiring" your sig....could you imagine Mike's winning percentage without Marvin at least doing what he was able to do here? Think a bunch more like Shula and Coslet, and maybe Zac. Yikes!

I mean, Marvin wasn't tearing it up here until Zimmer's D came here. 1 winning season in his first 5 years before Zimmer came and some pretty bad defenses.

1 winning season is still lightyears beyond pre-Marvin times, but 6 of those 7 playoff years were on the backs of Zimmer-built Ds. (He wasn't here for '14-'15, but Guenther did his best to try to hold together the Zimmer D as long as he could but never managed to restock it, so it was just a solid slide down. Now we've seen how poorly Guenther has fared on his own in Oakland.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we get rid of Kirk, Dalton, and Glenn's contracts we have like 85mil to spend. We also have a lot of UFAs that I would like back, and if we lose them it means more holes in the roster. And we don't need any more of those. So I expect a bunch to get spent on our own again. We should get a little more consideration from outside FAs if we tell them we are drafting Burrow. So hopefully that helps our cause.
Reply/Quote