Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate okay
Per a report from ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28105090/bengals-wr-auden-tate-escapes-serious-injury-scary-play

Tate was able to fly home with the team and tweeted he was all good.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:41 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Per a report from ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28105090/bengals-wr-auden-tate-escapes-serious-injury-scary-play

That is great news.  It looked horrible.  Glad he is okay.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The biggest thing about that game today is Hopes and Prayers for him and his Family.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Seems,like a real great character guy. All he does is go out and plays
His,tail off. Never complains.
Easily the most consistent player all year on both sides of the ball.
Catches every thing thrown his way.
Like to see him thrive with a,QB that give him better ball placement
Reply/Quote
Great news that he's ok!
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear it. I was concerned for him after watching the replay. I thought he may be ok when he tried twice to get up. Gotta be careful with that neck young man...lol. This guy can be a nice possession receiver if there are other pieces around him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Glad to hear it. I was concerned for him after watching the replay. I thought he may be ok when he tried twice to get up. Gotta be careful with that neck young man...lol. This guy can be a nice possession receiver if there are other pieces around him.

If there are ever pieces around him.....fixed it for you.

Good to hear he's ok
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If there are ever pieces around him.....fixed it for you.

Good to hear he's ok

He's been a bright spot in a dumpster fire...

Josh Topou looking pretty good too...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Glad to hear it. I was concerned for him after watching the replay. I thought he may be ok when he tried twice to get up. Gotta be careful with that neck young man...lol. This guy can be a nice possession receiver if there are other pieces around him.

Remember half the board here said keep Cody Core and release Tate?
Such brilliant judges of talent among the Fandom here 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:41 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Per a report from ESPN

Most important news in this forum. I was scared for the young man.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 11:15 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Seems,like a real great character guy. All he does is go out and plays
His,tail off. Never complains.
Easily the most consistent player all year on both sides of the ball.
Catches every thing thrown his way.
Like to see him thrive with a,QB that give him better ball placement

I'm glad he's ok,but Tate has caught 50% or less of his targets in 6 of the 9 games he's played in this year. He does not appear to be a guy we should be building around for the future.  A lot of the reason he looks kinda good is the other WR's are really bad.

Boyd is a solid #2 or a really good #3, but he's not a#1.  Ross has talent, but between the drops and injuries, he's like a #4 ona good team and not someone  you can count on.  Tate is a 5 or 6 on a good team, roster worthy, but someone you should be looking to push off your roster.  Erickson is basically a return man you can line up at WR if you had to, but you really don't want to.  Morgan and Willis are your typical PS type guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Remember half the board here said keep Cody Core and release Tate?

Yup.....ol ST ace Cody Core....lol.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm glad he's ok,but Tate has caught 50% or less of his targets in 6 of the 9 games he's played in this year. He does not appear to be a guy we should be building around for the future.  A lot of the reason he looks kinda good is the other WR's are really bad.

Boyd is a solid #2 or a really good #3, but he's not a#1.  Ross has talent, but between the drops and injuries, he's like a #4 ona good team and not someone  you can count on.  Tate is a 5 or 6 on a good team, roster worthy, but someone you should be looking to push off your roster.  Erickson is basically a return man you can line up at WR if you had to, but you really don't want to.  Morgan and Willis are your typical PS type guys.

Tate can be a legit #3 WR. 
He's still learning the position. 
Catching 50% of your targets this.year remember who's throwing.to him. How would Tate look in Kansas City or Baltimore now?.....How about Minnesota?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm glad he's ok,but Tate has caught 50% or less of his targets in 6 of the 9 games he's played in this year. He does not appear to be a guy we should be building around for the future.  A lot of the reason he looks kinda good is the other WR's are really bad.

Tate is improving. Yes, the others are bad, and you're correct he's 4 or so. He does make some tough catches and was sure handed at FSU. I think you could do worse with a 7th round pick.

Reply/Quote
Glad to hear it.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 01:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Tate is improving. Yes, the others are bad, and you're correct he's 4 or so. He does make some tough catches and was sure handed at FSU. I think you could do worse with a 7th round pick.

He's an ok depth player.  If you get that in the7th, you beat the curve.  

My big concern is that this WR group will be awful next year.  Ross is injury prone, AJ is a FA and injury prone, and Boyd can't carry the load without a viable threat opposite him.  If people bring up addressing the position group, we will be met with choruses of "But we have Auden Tate!"
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Remember half the board here said keep Cody Core and release Tate?

In all fairness the disdain for Core was based on the notion that he was keeping Ross from being an amazing WR. So it's not like the people who wanted Core gone were being logical.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness the disdain for Core was based on the notion that he was keeping Ross from being an amazing WR. So it's not like the people who wanted Core gone were being logical.

You mean Core wasn't the lone reason the bungles didn't win the super bowl the entire time he was the magical WR we all knew he would become?
He coulda been a contender! He coulda been somebody!  I blame fans for not being eminently patient until he was like..60-70 years old.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:59 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Tate can be a legit #3 WR. 
He's still learning the position. 
Catching 50% of your targets this.year remember who's throwing.to him. How would Tate look in Kansas City or Baltimore now?.....How about Minnesota?

Tate has caught 51.5% of his targets this year.  By comparison, Ross has caught 50% with a much smaller catch radius.  

Tate wouldn't even get on the field for KC.  I mean, the reality is we have a bad WR corps and 2 of the top 3 guys are out.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness the disdain for Core was based on the notion that he was keeping Ross from being an amazing WR. So it's not like the people who wanted Core gone were being logical.

Iirc, the people who wanted Core gone wanted him gone on the premise that he had plateaued and Tate still had room to grow.  It didn't have anything to do with Ross.
Reply/Quote