Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate okay
(11-18-2019, 12:22 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Remember half the board here said keep Cody Core and release Tate?
Such brilliant judges of talent among the Fandom here 

I also remember folks comparing him to Megatron, so judgement of talent is brilliant on both ends.

As to the OP: Glad the kid is fine. All the kid does it catch passes. I hope those on the sidelines nursing their boo-boos (look at you Green and Glenn) felt a little of the manhood drain from their bodies when they saw that kid out there putting it on the line
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tate has caught 51.5% of his targets this year.  By comparison, Ross has caught 50% with a much smaller catch radius.  

Tate wouldn't even get on the field for KC.  I mean, the reality is we have a bad WR corps and 2 of the top 3 guys are out.

That does make guys hard to evaluate...in that IF you throw the ball to a guy 10+ times a game, they'll put up numbers.

I do think Tate has some potential as a #3 or 4 WR though. He'll need to continue to improve in the offseason though.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tate has caught 51.5% of his targets this year.  By comparison, Ross has caught 50% with a much smaller catch radius.  

Tate wouldn't even get on the field for KC.  I mean, the reality is we have a bad WR corps and 2 of the top 3 guys are out.
Not defending Tate but curious as to his drop percentages. Qb play has been awful so not sure a target percentage is a fair thing to look at. Julio Jones would only catch 20% of his targets if I were his qb. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: He's an ok depth player.  If you get that in the7th, you beat the curve.  

My big concern is that this WR group will be awful next year.  Ross is injury prone, AJ is a FA and injury prone, and Boyd can't carry the load without a viable threat opposite him.  If people bring up addressing the position group, we will be met with choruses of "But we have Auden Tate!"

Well let's hope those choruses aren't paid very much attention. LOL.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I also remember folks comparing him to Megatron, so judgement of talent is brilliant on both ends.

As to the OP: Glad the kid is fine. All the kid does it catch passes. I hope those on the sidelines nursing their boo-boos (look at you Green and Glenn) felt a little of the manhood drain from their bodies when they saw that kid out there putting it on the line

I'm curious if seeing a guy go out there in a lost season and risk it all like that, and even trying to stand up to keep playing after that shot has any impact on some of the guys sitting out with aches and pains.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 06:38 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm curious if seeing a guy go out there in a lost season and risk it all like that, and even trying to stand up to keep playing after that shot has any impact on some of the guys sitting out with aches and pains.

Unfortunately the impact is likely to be "keep myself safe".
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote