Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate to TE?
We know Tate has the height, can he put on 15-30 lbs of muscle and transition to a Tight End?

Receiving wise he should be more than adequate, I however can not speak to his blocking skills. Do we have much to lose my trying this out?

I realize hes not gooien to bulk up this year but what about getting him practicing and getting reps with the TEs?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Bengals have always valued blocking when it comes to TEs

Both beat writers have made it clear that Tate isn't going to be transitioning anytime during this season.

I think in theory it is interesting, but causes more issues than solutions.
Reply/Quote
I don't think he needs to "bulk up" to be effective. We basically used Eifert as a 4th receiver anyways not sure what the harm is in using Tate the same way.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 03:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't think he needs to "bulk up" to be effective. We basically used Eifert as a 4th receiver anyways not sure what the harm is in using Tate the same way.

This.

Trying to teach a receiver to play with his hand on the ground will take years and there is no guarantee it would even work.  Like Jakeypoo says he can be used as a 4th receiver mismatch and be effective.

For this thread to even be a topic we essentially want someone to be the next Eifert.  We don't need them to be a blocker, rather just an option / mismatch in certain scenarios.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure we need to transition him to a TE. I think he's a weapon inside the redzone so why not give him a shot at WR. 7 points compared to 3 points makes a huge difference.
Reply/Quote
Tate doesn’t have to frame to add that much muscle. Look at his legs and joints, small and slender.

Not to mention he runs a 4.7 at 225, he’s going to be over 5.0 if he could add 30-50 lbs.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 04:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tate doesn’t have to frame to add that much muscle. Look at his legs and joints, small and slender.

Not to mention he runs a 4.7 at 225, he’s going to be over 5.0 if he could add 30-50 lbs.

But he can jump up and raise his arms and catch a football.  When was the last time you saw any other NFL receivers who could do that?
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 04:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tate doesn’t have to frame to add that much muscle. Look at his legs and joints, small and slender.

Well he doesn't need 30-50 but more like 10-15 pounds. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Make him the backup kicker because we need someone to stand beside Randy in team photos to make him appear even shorter and fatter.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote