Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auden Tate to the Falcons
Tate is plenty serviceable as a #4 receiver. For Atlanta, he will probably be the #1 or #2. The rest of that WR room is brutal: https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/ATL

Good for him getting that opportunity.

Clearly he lacks the speed or separation ability to be a consistent outside threat, but in the right situation he can be effective.
Reply/Quote
He was never that impressive but he was a 7th round selection who did contribute some when he had the opportunity and not banged up.
Reply/Quote
His speed was an issue before Zac now he just does not fit the system. Good luck hope you do well unless your playing us.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:27 PM)The Clapp Wrote: You said he “wasnt good”.. technically you said he fooled everyone. I gave you an example on why i thought you were wrong. You counter by saying.. yeah, but this guy is fast… so how does Ross being fast make, tate a bad player?

Ross was fast, but he never fooled anyone for long. Tate being tall still has some of you fooled. The guy isnt productive

(03-28-2022, 09:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think you would be OK with him as a #2. But he is constantly banged up and not good on special teams.

in the canadian football league? Yes.
Reply/Quote
Best wishes to Mr. Tate on his new gig.

For the Bengals it's time to infuse some new blood at that spot anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ross was fast, but he never fooled anyone for long. Tate being tall still has some of you fooled. The guy isnt productive

I wouldn't mind it if the Stampeders had him at #2 behind Reggie Begeleton. As for his time here, well he was a 7th round pick and his stats here look like those of a decent 7th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:31 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think you would be OK with him as a #2. But he is constantly banged up and not good on special teams.

If Auden Tate is your #2, your season is already over.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 10:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If Auden Tate is your #2, your season is already over.

and this is why atlanta will be 2-15
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 09:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Ross was fast, but he never fooled anyone for long. Tate being tall still has some of you fooled. The guy isnt productive

I wouldn't say that Tate sucked.  He is a niche receiver.  If you need sure hands, possession, jump balls, and block out routes, Tate excels at it.  Does he fit with what we got going on here?  Nope.  Need speed, need separation.  Tate has a lot of highlight reel contested catches because of the lack of speed and separation.

Did he fool me?  Nope.  He is what he is.

BTW, Tate contributed more than Ross to this team.

I wish Tate the best in Atlanta.
Reply/Quote
Huge news! I'm sure Tate got that Mike Williams money, so he'll count big time towards comp picks next year.

This also means the competition for the prestigious Golden Binns Award is wide open. Respect to the 4x champ.
Reply/Quote
Good luck to Tate.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 06:19 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: This is why we don't need to draft a WR early. Tate is good/decent. He was buried here. Just like any WR we draft. Inactive or barely any catches. What happens when you are 4 or 5 on the depth chart.

Tate isn't good, by any stretch. He has a career 51.7% catch % and 6.8 yards/target.  That's why he was buried on the depth chart.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: Tate isn't good, by any stretch. He has a career 51.7% catch % and 6.8 yards/target.  That's why he was buried on the depth chart.

This... The guy caught some awkward lookin' throws from Dalton while he was running for his life.. I do believe everybody was hurt at that point in the season of 2019 too. The guy was a 7th round pick and managed to hang around. That's commendable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 07:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You could also argue though that if he was that good, Bengals wouldn't have spent two high draft picks on WRs the previous two years.
His prime opportunity to shine came a couple years ago, and he didn't do enough to convince coaching staff to make him the WR2/3.

The Philly game in '20 doomed him, imo.  He had just had his agent there yapping in the media about the Bengals not utilizing him.  The Eagles had undersized CB's and the Bengals went with jump balls to Tate on three different occasions in the red zone.  He lost every one and cost the Bengals the W.  Can't be a me first player that can't produce.
Reply/Quote
People think I did not like Tate because i was always arguing with the guys who were ga-ga over him, but he was a solid back-up possession WR.

Can't stick on our roster because he did not play special teams.
Reply/Quote
We should all boycott the team for letting the greatest WR to ever ride the pine go.. Mellow Who wants to be the first to stand outside in front of PBS with a big picket sign reading, "How in hell could you let Auden Tate go? OK, so he wasn't that great, but...uhmmm.. You know!" ?  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 01:12 AM)Yogo Wrote: BTW, Tate contributed more than Ross to this team.

I'm not sure how. Ross had more yards and nearly 6x the TDs that Tate had in his career here. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: People think I did not like Tate because i was always arguing with the guys who were ga-ga over him, but he was a solid back-up possession WR.

Can't stick on our roster because he did not play special teams.

This was pretty much the case. He is a 4th to 6th receiver on the depth chart that couldn't contribute on special teams which meant he didn't get to dress often. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 11:39 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm not sure how. Ross had more yards and nearly 6x the TDs that Tate had in his career here. 

They had nearly the same number of targets in their Bengals runs, too(123-118).
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 01:12 AM)Yogo Wrote: I wouldn't say that Tate sucked.  He is a niche receiver.  If you need sure hands, possession, jump balls, and block out routes, Tate excels at it.  Does he fit with what we got going on here?  Nope.  Need speed, need separation.  Tate has a lot of highlight reel contested catches because of the lack of speed and separation.

Did he fool me?  Nope.  He is what he is.

BTW, Tate contributed more than Ross to this team.

I wish Tate the best in Atlanta.

Not even close to being true. John Ross had a season where he scored 7 TD’s. Auden Tate probably won’t have that many for his entire career.

Reply/Quote