Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Auden Tate
(08-23-2019, 04:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tate only has 11 YAC on 8 catches in the preseason.  He also has the 2nd lowest YPC among WR's behind Erickson, and Erickson has frankly shown nothing as a WR this preseason.  

Kid is great at contested catches, but that's all he's got right now.  Given time, he can develop into a good WR if he improves his route running and can use that to get separation.  But he's not there yet.

Auden Tate isn't expected to smoke cb's down field.
That's not his game.
His game is to get matched up on smaller db's on those intermediate routes inside 20 yds.
His frame dictates he should be ablessed to expose mis matches in the red zone.
Put him inside the 10 yd line with Boyd Green Eifert. 
All big framed targets.
He's catching everything thrown his way.
On my WR depth chart I actually put him over Erickson.
Erickson just lacks an extra gear to elude the defense.
He's a strictly possession WR. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 01:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We are deep, I would be fine with this if he isn't 100% come the opener.

Willis has to make this team and Malone of course. Morgan would be my last guy in taking Tate's spot in this situation.

Core out.

Core has looked good and plays well on ST.  I would not count him out.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 05:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Core has looked good and plays well on ST.  I would not count him out.  

If Core were a rookie, many would be singing his praises. He has had a very good camp. It has past when AJ and Boyd went down that haunts him as he simply could not get open consistently.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 04:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Erickson just lacks an extra gear to elude the defense.

Alex ran the forty faster than A J Green.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 04:45 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Auden Tate isn't expected to smoke cb's down field.
That's not his game.
His game is to get matched up on smaller db's on those intermediate routes inside 20 yds.
His frame dictates he should be ablessed to expose mis matches in the red zone.
Put him inside the 10 yd line with Boyd Green Eifert. 
All big framed targets.
He's catching everything thrown his way.
On my WR depth chart I actually put him over Erickson.
Erickson just lacks an extra gear to elude the defense.

Tate has great hands and a great catch radius, probably the best on the team.  But that's all.  

His size creates mismatches on contested balls, but every pass you throw to him is contested because he can't separate at all.  People get a bit hypnotized by the spectacular catches, but he has to make spectacular catches because he can't get open.  

He has value as a red zone target, but we have a ton of great red zone weapons with AJ, Boyd, Eifert, Ross, Mixon, Gio, etc.

His Ypc is a miserable 8.5 in preseason so far.  That's bad for a WR.  We have 2 TE's and 2 RB's with a higher ypc this preseason.  It was only 8.8 last year.  He gets no separation and gets dropped right where he makes the catch, so he really doesn't have much use outside the red zone.

I would put him above Erickson, but Erickson has never developed as a WR.  He's a good, albeit not spectacular, return man, but subpar WR.  I would like to put him above Core, but Core has outplayed him in every area except TD's in the preseason.  Better catch%, better YPC, more YAC, same number of catches.  I'd put him behind Malone and Willis and ahead of Morgan and Bryant, also.  

He's a guy with an incredible catch radius that has a lot of potential if he can get his route running polished so he can get separation.  He's not a guy that I see getting a bunch of snaps on offense this year due to his limitations, though, so if you can hide him on IR, I think it's a good play.
Reply/Quote
Tate is a playmaker,we need him,especially since AJ is out for who knows how long.I think If this second opinion goes well he will start week one.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Alex ran the forty faster than A J Green.

(08-23-2019, 09:04 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tate has great hands and a great catch radius, probably the best on the team.  But that's all.  

His size creates mismatches on contested balls, but every pass you throw to him is contested because he can't separate at all.  People get a bit hypnotized by the spectacular catches, but he has to make spectacular catches because he can't get open.  

He has value as a red zone target, but we have a ton of great red zone weapons with AJ, Boyd, Eifert, Ross, Mixon, Gio, etc.

His Ypc is a miserable 8.5 in preseason so far.  That's bad for a WR.  We have 2 TE's and 2 RB's with a higher ypc this preseason.  It was only 8.8 last year.  He gets no separation and gets dropped right where he makes the catch, so he really doesn't have much use outside the red zone.

I would put him above Erickson, but Erickson has never developed as a WR.  He's a good, albeit not spectacular, return man, but subpar WR.  I would like to put him above Core, but Core has outplayed him in every area except TD's in the preseason.  Better catch%, better YPC, more YAC, same number of catches.  I'd put him behind Malone and Willis and ahead of Morgan and Bryant, also.  

He's a guy with an incredible catch radius that has a lot of potential if he can get his route running polished so he can get separation.  He's not a guy that I see getting a bunch of snaps on offense this year due to his limitations, though, so if you can hide him on IR, I think it's a good play.

It never really seems like there are many downfield routes for Erickson.

Mostly short routes and checkdown stuff.

It does seem like he has pretty good hands.

Erickson wins on ST play anyway. 

He's very good return man.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Alex ran the forty faster than A J Green.

Interesting as he does not play fast nor do our coaches send him deep often. Why?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Some guys can run a fast 40 all day long.
But when they put the pads on its a different story
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 10:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting as he does not play fast nor do our coaches send him deep often. Why?
He is a slot guy. Those guys are not overly athletic. Will be an excellent patriot one day though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We got 4 good TE's    hes a WR... a Big WR.. but Big WRs are hard to tackle....

^ This

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 03:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I agree his blocking should help but that's exactly why I think he is more TE then WR.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

He runs a 4.68 that's disgusting for a WR
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He runs a 4.68 that's disgusting for a WR

Quick math question. If you run in a straight line for 50 yards, can you tell me how much further ahead player A would be from player B if player A can run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds and player B can run 40 yards in 4.68 seconds?

Don't answer that. Answer this. If a train traveling westbound from San Francisco is going 65 miles an hour and another train traveling eastbound from Poughkeepsie is going 59 miles an hour...how much would a guy named Kim pay for rice on a Sunday night in Bangkok?

Reply/Quote
P.S. The Bengals V Giants game just came on NFL Network. 

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick math question. If you run in a straight line for 50 yards, can you tell me how much further ahead player A would be from player B if player A can run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds and player B can run 40 yards in 4.68 seconds?

Don't answer that. Answer this. If a train traveling westbound from San Francisco is going 65 miles an hour and another train traveling eastbound from Poughkeepsie is going 59 miles an hour...how much would a guy named Kim pay for rice on a Sunday night in Bangkok?

2 dollars and 40 cent
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:50 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 2 dollars and 40 cent

Correct!

Well, 2 dahrah and foty cent, to be exact. 

Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 12:26 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick math question. If you run in a straight line for 50 yards, can you tell me how much further ahead player A would be from player B if player A can run 40 yards in 4.4 seconds and player B can run 40 yards in 4.68 seconds?

If we're talking 40 time as an average speed and not discussing acceleration, max speed, etc.  it's pretty easy.

Player A can run the 40 at 4.4 seconds, so if we divide 40 yards by 4.4 seconds, we arrive at an average speed of 9.09 yards/second.

If we do the same for B, we arrive at 40/4.68=8.55 yards/second.  

To get Player A's 50 yard time, we divide the distance(50 yards) by his average speed(9.09 yards/second to arrive at 5.5 seconds.

To determine Player B's distance traveled, we multiply Player A's 50 yard time(5.5 seconds) by Player B's average speed(8.55 yards/second) to arrive at 47.03, so basically 3 yards behind.

By doing this, we can determine that Player B is slow as molasses and probably doesn't have the physical talent necessary to cut it as a WR at the NFL level.  All is not lost, however, because you can still probably cheer for Player B in the XFL next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 01:36 AM)Whatever Wrote: If we're talking 40 time as an average speed and not discussing acceleration, max speed, etc.  it's pretty easy.

Player A can run the 40 at 4.4 seconds, so if we divide 40 yards by 4.4 seconds, we arrive at an average speed of 9.09 yards/second.

If we do the same for B, we arrive at 40/4.68=8.55 yards/second.  

To get Player A's 50 yard time, we divide the distance(50 yards) by his average speed(9.09 yards/second to arrive at 5.5 seconds.

To determine Player B's distance traveled, we multiply Player A's 50 yard time(5.5 seconds) by Player B's average speed(8.55 yards/second) to arrive at 47.03, so basically 3 yards behind.

By doing this, we can determine that Player B is slow as molasses and probably doesn't have the physical talent necessary to cut it as a WR at the NFL level.  All is not lost, however, because you can still probably cheer for Player B in the XFL next year.

I saw nothing in there about rice.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2019, 11:59 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He runs a 4.68 that's disgusting for a WR

Mohammad Sanu ran a 4.67 at the combine and he’s had a decent career thus far.
Reply/Quote