Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Corbett = Jackson Carmen
Hand placement was Jackson Carman's biggest issue all year but that is expected of a rookie switching positions into a new scheme. It's also a very common issue for rookie offensive linemen too.

His biggest obstacle is not talent he has a ton of that it's his off-season preparations which suffered under Covid restrictions the last two seasons. Hopefully he takes Spains advice and really puts in the off-season work.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 07:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Hand placement was Jackson Carman's biggest issue all year but that is expected of a rookie switching positions into a new scheme. It's also a very common issue for rookie offensive linemen too.

His biggest obstacle is not talent he has a ton of that it's his off-season preparations which suffered under Covid restrictions the last two seasons. Hopefully he takes Spains advice and really puts in the off-season work.
I agree. And it's easy to overlook that Carman was 21 this season, didn't turn 22 until end of January. He is still physically maturing into an NFL lineman. Also found hand placement and accountability issues early on in Clemson to be causes for concern on his draft profile on nfl.com. Hope he puts in the work this year
Reply/Quote
Carman looks like he can develop into a very good guard. He shows a lot of flashes. It's up to him though. He will need to put in the work to get to that level.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 12:39 AM)Burreaux Wrote: Carman looks like he can develop into a very good guard. He shows a lot of flashes. It's up to him though. He will need to put in the work to get to that level.

I bet they gamble on Carmen being the Right Guard next year. I find it hard to believe they will sign 4 free agent lineman.
He is young and a second round draft pick. I could see them signing a Connor Williams and a RT or a LT like Armstead and moving Jonah to RT.
They will keep Trey Hopkins for another year with the hope his injury was the reason his stats were subpar. They may also sign Reiff as an insurance policy for Carman or Jonah.
I am not saying I agree with this but history shows they do not give up on the talent that is already in the building.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 08:37 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I bet they gamble on Carmen being the Right Guard next year. I find it hard to believe they will sign 4 free agent lineman.
He is young and a second round draft pick. I could see them signing a Connor Williams and a RT or a LT like Armstead and moving Jonah to RT.
They will keep Trey Hopkins for another year with the hope his injury was the reason his stats were subpar. They may also sign Reiff as an insurance policy for Carman or Jonah.
I am not saying I agree with this but history shows they do not give up on the talent that is already in the building.

I hope they move on from Hopkins. He's so weak in run blocking. To many times this year they couldn't get 1 yard when they needed it. I'm sure Joe Mixon would appreciate it. They don't have to get an elite C but they need a upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 07:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Hand placement was Jackson Carman's biggest issue all year but that is expected of a rookie switching positions into a new scheme. It's also a very common issue for rookie offensive linemen too.

This seems a bit like a cop-out. Every other OL the last two years have had the same COVID restrictions yet there have been tons of quality ones coming into the league and performing well immediately.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 01:11 AM)Burreaux Wrote: I hope they move on from Hopkins. He's so weak in run blocking. To many times this year they couldn't get 1 yard when they needed it. I'm sure Joe Mixon would appreciate it. They don't have to get an elite C but they need a upgrade.

I hope so too. I would love to see how much better the offense would be with Ryan Jensen at Center and Connor Williams LG. if they want to take a chance with Jackson then bring in a solid RT.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 09:53 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I hope so too. I would love to see how much better the offense would be with Ryan Jensen at Center and Connor Williams LG. if they want to take a chance with Jackson then bring in a solid RT.

I'd be alright with bringing Reiff back at 7m if they upgrade the interior. What's your thoughts on Reiff coming back? He was solid and 7m isn't a bad price for a solid RT. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 10:54 AM)Burreaux Wrote: I'd be alright with bringing Reiff back at 7m if they upgrade the interior. What's your thoughts on Reiff coming back? He was solid and 7m isn't a bad price for a solid RT. 

I would have no problem with Reiff coming back. Do you play him at Guard or Right Tackle?
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 01:11 AM)Burreaux Wrote: I hope they move on from Hopkins. He's so weak in run blocking. To many times this year they couldn't get 1 yard when they needed it. I'm sure Joe Mixon would appreciate it. They don't have to get an elite C but they need a upgrade.

It was more than just Hopkins though. The OL as a whole doesn't get push at the LOS.
They succeed more with positional blocking, on the move, and outside runs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 03:01 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I would have no problem with Reiff coming back. Do you play him at Guard or Right Tackle?

I’d prefer him at RT as long as they significantly upgrade at RG. I’m hopeful they can bring back pretty much this entire team and still be able to upgrade the OL. I’ve been going back and watching all the games from this season. Such a special young team that’s only going to get better.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2022, 06:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If that happens, it feels like a waste to put him inside his rookie year.

They had no choice when XSF went down.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, love Carman and D'Ante Smith for the future and I think both can end up being very good backups next season.

Get our provens in here soon though. I want at the very least a Top tier Guard and a decent Center if we move on from
Hopkins. If we don't move on from Hop get a Top tier RT along with the Guard or heck, get all 3. We will see if we keep
Bates around and how much it will cost along with our other players we need to bring back.

If we let Bates go cause he wants too much we might be able to afford 3 maybe even 4 upgrades on the OL.

Love Bates but we cannot overpay and abandon our biggest weaknesses in front of Burrow.
Reply/Quote