Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Austin Promises Defense Will "Play Without Fear!"
(01-13-2018, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bengals kept the Ravens out of the playoffs as well. Do all their coaches suck too?

Yes. As do all their players.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 02:47 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Yes. As do all their players.

Man, that makes what they did to us in the home opener REALLY embarrassing then...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Even if we went 16-0 in the regular season, I would not be confident Marvin could win a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 08:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Even if we went 16-0 in the regular season, I would not be confident Marvin could win a playoff game.

Same here, the proof is there, the team would have to carry his ass, Marv cannot win a playoff game by coaching better than the other guy.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 08:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Man, that makes what they did to us in the home opener REALLY embarrassing then...

When push came to shove they showed their true identity.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll believe they are playing without fear when they drop the soft one and play press man - like Zimmer used to have them do.
Reply/Quote
They're going to play without fear? Nice to know...I just didn't realize the defense has been playing scared up til now.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 11:01 PM)BMK Wrote: They're going to play without fear?   Nice to know...I just didn't realize the defense has been playing scared up til now.

Because they haven't. What they've been playing with is a lack of discipline. Our defense reminds me of a meme of a 16yr old private schooled, pimpled, white kid taking a selfie with a handgun in Beverly Hills trying to look ghetto!

Reply/Quote
In unrelated news, clothing company No Fear just reported a spike in t-shirt and hoodies sales.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 04:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: HHe looks like he's tossing a paper towel over dog poo.

Always has to be about you, doesn't it Dog?   Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2018, 07:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How many times has this franchise made this many drastic changes (that seem to be improvements) at one time with apparently more on the way?

Nothing has improved this team yet. None of the coaches brought in have gone into a game with their coaching and plan in place and won, let alone enough to have a winning season or playoff win. 

Nothing has changed in terms of FA yet.

Nothing has changed in terms of drafting yet.

Nothing has changed in terms of offensive and defensive philosophy yet.

The only thing that has changed are the names; Coaches now, some players later. 

The track record of previous changes is established and there's nothing that points toward it changing for the better until the team goes on the field.

Nothing this FO has done should give anyone hope that this year will be different until they go out on the field and prove it. They haven't earned that benefit of the doubt.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Always has to be about you, doesn't it Dog?   Wink

It wasnt mine.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2018, 07:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You haven't seen that we've been cleaning house and bringing in new coaches who seem to know what they're doing?

You haven't heard Marvin talk about the change in philosophy in game play where we're going to go out and be aggressive and play to win?

You haven't seen where Marvin says we're going to be active in free agency and try to improve the team?

The last two are yet to be seen, but even with a new offensive line coach, the future looks A LOT brighter.

My hope is that these new guys will be good enough to Mike and Marvin proof the team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 03:34 PM)McC Wrote: My hope is that these new guys will be good enough to Mike and Marvin proof the team.

I'm afraid of that, as always, with Marvin, but people like Zim and Gruden didn't seem to be effected by Marvin's "let's come out of the gates firing for the first 16 minutes, get up two scores, and go into prevent mode," so I'm hoping that these guys are immune to Marvin, also, which Marvin seems like he's finally evolving, too, and realizes that you can't play scared/cautious in this era of NFL.

Also, it's a bunch of guys, so I'm hoping that they all bring a culture change into the entire organization and locker room where it becomes one of business and winning the right way.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2018, 01:33 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: When have changes of this magnitude and of the magnitude that seems to be coming ever happened before?

In 2003, when Merv became the head coach and changed the culture from one of losing all the time to one of being mediocre all the time.

In 2011, when there were major changes to many key player positions.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Marvin seems like he's finally evolving, too, and realizes that you can't play scared/cautious in this era of NFL.

What in the name of Puff the Magic Dragon makes you think this?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 12:04 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In 2003, when Merv became the head coach and changed the culture from one of losing all the time to one of being mediocre all the time.

In 2011, when there were major changes to many key player positions.
That was different because that was because we had no choice and we did it (getting rid of Chad and T.O. and Bratkowski) in an attempt to keep Carson, but not really because we were looking to improve the team.  

Also, aside from those three (we had no choice with Carson), I don't remember many other changes being made, and definitely not with more quality coaches (besides for Gruden) and being more active in free agency. 
(01-22-2018, 12:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What in the name of Puff the Magic Dragon makes you think this?

The fact that, in the one press conference that I recently linked, he talked about things like going out and winning games (instead of things like getting a lead and playing not to lose), being more aggressive, getting the most out of players (where previously he always tried to make players fit into the system), and just other things like that.
Reply/Quote
It's all talk until it happens.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Playing without fear has kind of been our mantra.

No fear of getting benched. No fear of playoff pressure. No fear of success.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  

The fact that, in the one press conference that I recently linked, he talked about things like going out and winning games (instead of things like getting a lead and playing not to lose), being more aggressive, getting the most out of players (where previously he always tried to make players fit into the system), and just other things like that.

But thats how hes always talked. "We did some things right, we just need to win games." And "We've got to focus on what we're doing right."

It's not like Marvin comes out and says "Yeah, we didn't change anything in the second half because we're basically hoping to coast into the final 2 minute warning." Or "the players are really, really good, I'm just a big dummy. Like, they asked me not to give advice to my grand kids Pop Warner team. Hell, I can't even legally drive I'm so incompetent. So don't blame they players, they're actually pretty decent when I'm not mucking up."
Reply/Quote